Enterprise finale – POSSIBLE SPOILAGE

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi General Sci Fi Stuff Enterprise finale – POSSIBLE SPOILAGE

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Plif
    Participant

hey guys…couldnt see a trek thread, so Im posting this here.. (sorry if its not in the right place, mod-dudes!)
    Just saw the season finale of Enterprise, and Im a little befuddled..
    It was akin to the end of Burton’s Planet of the Apes, for me… Are they in the present, where the nazis rule, but have no space technology.
    OR, are they gone into the past, in which case the Aquarian ship that accompanied Enterprise home is also trapped in the past…?
    Anyone any thoughts…
    (ps, while we’re at it, I wouldnt mind opinions on John Doe’s finale too..lol)

Anonymous

Without having seen it, I’m guessing they have gone to the past. It wouldn’t be Star Trek without poorly executed time travel stories, after all. ๐Ÿ˜‰

theFrey
    Participant

Nope, you be in the right place. I will, you will all appreciate…. reframe from breaking into song and inflicting a rendition of Dr. Demento’s Star Treking on you all.

Although… it never fails to cheer me up….. ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous

….and it probably wouldn’t be Trek if at some point, there wasn’t some kind of alternate universe story. i’m wondering if this is what has happened. also bear in mind we don’t know exactly what happened to the 2nd Enterprise from the episode ‘E2’. if you remember, Archer initially speculated that their timeline no longer existed. T’Pol countered by pointing out the fact that they actually remembered them….we didn’t actually see the ship get destroyed, it was just having the hell blasted out of it. what if the same damage was done to that version of the Enterprise that was done to Archer’s NX-01 in the initial timeline, such that when that ship went into the vortex it was that one that was sent back in time and not our Enterprise? they would probably still end up in the same timeline but at different points along it, hence the reason our crew remembers them. who knows what the 2nd crew might have done then, in their desperation to stop the Xindi? geez, these alternate universe/weird timeline stories give me a headache…… ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜‰ anyway, i hope you catch my drift…. ๐Ÿ˜€

Zargon
    Participant

I did not get to see the Enterprise season finale, but I will comment on John Doe’s:

I loved finding out that his bartender friend was actually from the group watching him. I wish someone would put out a book or something to tie up the loose ends and let us know what the writers were planning. It is too much to ask for a return of this clever show.

Headgehog
    Participant

It was one of the better Trek episodes. Even though the ending didn’t fit with the rest of episode, story, season arc…

Even though this last season was tedious at times, it was good enough to arouse my interests and get me watching the show again. Pretty good since I try to limit my TV watching to under 5 hrs/wk. Most of the “stray” episodes fit nicely into overall arc by the end.IT was cool to see everything fall into place, for a change.

”stormsweeper” wrote:

Without having seen it, I’m guessing they have gone to the past. It wouldn’t be Star Trek without poorly executed time travel stories, after all. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Just once I’d like to time travel and not see Nazi’s!
    I’d agree with that. Trek really needs JMS to step in an teach them how to do tie travel right.

Zargon wrote:

I wish someone would put out a book or something to tie up the loose ends and let us know what the writers were planning.

Tied up loose ends (spoilers?)

Zargon
    Participant

Thank you for the link, although I must admit I am not happy with the explanation. But at least I know now.

So how about Nowhere Man, any info on that old show?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.