episode 2 title

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Maybe you guys know this already but George Lucas has named episode II as ‘Attack of the Clones’.

I think it sounds a bit silly, maybe inspired by that movie with the big tomatoes.

Lacks a bit of the grandeur of the other titles. May as well call it ‘Clones beat up Republic’ or ‘Send in the Clones’…

the story is on starwars.com: http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/news/2001/08/news20010806.html

what do you guys think about the title?

——————
    —————
    “In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

-HHGTTG

Anonymous

“Clone” isn’t exactly a word that has the same impact it had 10 years ago. Over the years its been used again and again in cheesy flicks with little or no supporting plot until it’s become synonymous with bad sci-fi. Time travel is a concept similarly beaten up by years of misuse.

If however, there are clones involved in episode 2, I hope Darth Maul makes a comeback. C’mon, anyone with the name Darth has to last at least 3 movies!

——————
    Yoda of Borg are we: Futile, resistance is. Assimilate you, we will. Hmmm?

Anonymous

Please tell me you’re joking! ‘Attack of the Clones’? That is just awful. Unless they’re doing a homage to the cheese genre. In which case it’s really, REALLY awful. I’d use stronger lanugage but I’ve been robbed of the power of coherant thought by the…Awfullness.

Anonymous

Hopefully they’ll retitle it. Remember R’eturn of the Jedi’ was once called ‘Revenge of the Jedi’. How’s that for a shocker.

——————
    Yoda of Borg are we: Futile, resistance is. Assimilate you, we will. Hmmm?

Anonymous

It looks like even Ewan McGregor doesnt like the title:

quote:

Ewan McGregor, who plays Obi-Wan Kenobi in the upcoming Star Wars: Episode II, told reporters that he’s not impressed with the movie’s just-announced subtitle, Attack of the Clones, the Popcorn U.K. Web site reported.

“It’s a terrible, terrible title,” McGregor said, adding that he found out about the film’s subtitle from reporters covering the Hollywood Film Festival.

quote:

Originally posted by CBrate:
    Hopefully they’ll retitle it. Remember R’eturn of the Jedi’ was once called ‘Revenge of the Jedi’. How’s that for a shocker.

that’s a good point, I’m will cross my fingers for ‘Send in the Clones’

——————
    —————
    “In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

-HHGTTG

Aeryn Crichton
    Participant

God, that is a terrible title! I will be keeping my fingers crossed that it’s changed. Attack of the Clones is just too much like Attack of the Killer Tomatoes or Attack of the 50 ft. woman.

——————
    “I love you” “I know” – Princess Leia and Han Solo
    “First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me, blow” – Ash from Army of Darkness
    “Darling, you idiot!” – Lum from Urusei Yatsura
    “Who is this Anya!? Is she prettier than me!?” Xander’s sock puppet friend from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Anonymous

I DONT BELIEVE IT – Well no i do, this came up on some of the other forums i go to and they were much more upset about it than u guys, anyway the story is pretty good go to the force . net and read the script for urselves, although i still hope they change that tilt because if they dont it will make me embarrased to be a Star Wars fan!!!

——————
    “Its Going down his leg i think we are going to have to amputate.
    “No, dont take the leg, dont let them take the leg, they cant take the leg!!!”
    “Its heading for his testicles”
    “Take it, take the leg!!!”

[email protected]

Anonymous

Why can’t they just call it “The Clone War”? Not brilliant, but better than “Attack of the Clones” for cryin out loud!

What kind of people do they have doing these jobs while intelligent people like us are just sitting here with nothing good to do?

——————
    Gideon: I thought you said you don’t hold a grudge.
    Galen: I don’t. I have no surviving enemies. At all.

“I’d far rather be happy than right any day.”
    “And are you?”
    “No. That’s where it falls down, of course.”–Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy

“It’s all in the mind.”–George Harrison

DalekTek790
    Participant

Everybody figured it was going to be The Clone Wars until now. I think it’s good. At least this time there were few rumored titles before the announcement (remember all the alleged Episode I titles? ).

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous

well i thought it was going to be clone wars with everyone else as it is about the clone wars but it seems that GL is a clone as cloning does reduce the brain fuctions of humans so there might be a link… ?

——————
    “Its Going down his leg i think we are going to have to amputate.
    “No, dont take the leg, dont let them take the leg, they cant take the leg!!!”
    “Its heading for his testicles”
    “Take it, take the leg!!!”

[email protected]

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.