Episode 9 – WOW! that really was a blast!

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Battlestar Galactica (Reimagined) Episode 9 – WOW! that really was a blast!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Just read the review of episode 9 – WOW!

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

We should set up a pole to find out who thinks Adama really IS a cylon

Sci -Fi
    Participant

Adama: “If I’m a Cylon…you’re really screwed”.

๐Ÿ˜ฏ ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜€

Headgehog
    Participant

Well he’s not a cylon in the technical sense. Someone with as much power and control in the fleet such as him, Tigh or Gaeta would have already destroyed humanity by now. Unless of course the cylons want some of humanity to survive in some sort of Darwinist experiment.

Adama, whom IMHO, is becoming something of a despot. There really isn’t anyone to check his authority. He’s already wasted valuable resources on personal matters, and in this last episode, jeopardized the fleet by leaving the Galactica and not leaving a flight plan. And just to really drive the stake through his heart, I haven’t seen Adama do anything militaristically clever. In fact I think he’s been quite naive in the series. It took him 237 jumps before he tired to sepearate the fleet in the pilot episode. How he made it to Commander, I’ll never know.

kokopelli
    Participant
    Headgehog wrote:

Well he’s not a cylon in the technical sense. Someone with as much power and control in the fleet such as him, Tigh or Gaeta would have already destroyed humanity by now. Unless of course the cylons want some of humanity to survive in some sort of Darwinist experiment.

Completely agreed. There isn’t any point in even considering if he or Tigh is a Cylon. Roslin is an idiot to even worry about it. If he is then her only option is to jump out of an airlock before she is used for medical experiments.
    In such a situation as they have Everyone’s fate rests with a few individuals. If those individuals betray them then everyone is dead..

OHH you say !! Old Thread?..No! This is the point where I am at currently in Canada.
    A few more eps and I will have finished Season One and start Season TWO on Spacecast Jan 14, 2006.

But I think we wil catch up before S3 starts , then we will fall behind again.

Ahh.. don’t be so hard on Adama. Those decisions follow the dictates of military thinking. All leaders with the active use of power are despots, that’s their responsibility. Look at Patton or McArthur. That’s why all successful civilizations separate Miltiary Administration from Civilian. And it’s always a dynamic interplay between these forces.
    Anyway, in most jobs, you have to wait a year to give a performance review.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.