Episode: Harper 2.0

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I liked this episode! I think that it was the best so far, perhaps with the exception of the prison planet one. I know I seem to be the only one with this opinion, but I reckon Harper has to be the most interesting character on the show.

Can we post spoilers on these forums by the way? I am assuming we can, as I have put the episode name in the subject heading, but I apologise in advance if not (the next paragraph contains spoilers).

I thought the guy who plays Harper did very well with the idea of a brain overload from too much data. Like all the plots it wasn’t that original (this was similar too Johnny Mnemonic), but I am finding that the writing is gradually improving. The new evil phasing dude looks interesting as well, I guess he will be a series baddy?

I think that shows like this suffer from having to introduce too many people at once. It takes a number of episodes for them to settle down. Andromeda has done that now, and although it is never going to be a classic, I am glad that there is at least a watchable space opera program out there.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by AndrewJ:
    Can we post spoilers on these forums by the way? I am assuming we can, as I have put the episode name in the subject heading, but I apologise in advance if not (the next paragraph contains spoilers).

Good qwuestion.. I guess it’s the same as other boards. No problem about posting spoilers provided there is a warning in the title. To be honest, this site is usually the first to post reviews anyway, so we normally get Andromeda Spoiler Junkie’s anyway

quote:

I thought the guy who plays Harper did very well with the idea of a brain overload from too much data. Like all the plots it wasn’t that original (this was similar too Johnny Mnemonic), but I am finding that the writing is gradually improving. The new evil phasing dude looks interesting as well, I guess he will be a series baddy?

Absolutely agree, the last two episodes have been the best yet as far as I’l concerned. I wonder if that’s because the characters are more familiar now, or that the scene is set and ‘comfortable’ for us.

Gordon Wolvett played magnificently as Harper. I likled the scream as he woke from a nightmare. It was very realistic and I and the wife visibly winced. Not heard a bloke scream like that on TV before – very realistic.

quote:

I think that shows like this suffer from having to introduce too many people at once. It takes a number of episodes for them to settle down. Andromeda has done that now, and although it is never going to be a classic, I am glad that there is at least a watchable space opera program out there.

I remember thginking that about Babylon 5 – after the first series! I’m not so sure I agree yet. The biggest problem that faces Andromeda is that it’s from the same stable as the generic Star Trek NG, DS9 and Voyager stable. They have much stigma and a load of formula writing style to get over before it could be considered a classic….. but I think they are getting there. If they can maintain the momentum of the last couple of shows, it’ll be a classic for sure.

Nice post Andrew, cheers.

——————

Anonymous

quote:

Good qwuestion.. I guess it’s the same as other boards. No problem about posting spoilers provided there is a warning in the title. To be honest, this site is usually the first to post reviews anyway, so we normally get Andromeda Spoiler Junkie’s anyway

quote:

Absolutely agree, the last two episodes have been the best yet as far as I’l concerned. I wonder if that’s because the characters are more familiar now, or that the scene is set and ‘comfortable’ for us.

Gordon Wolvett played magnificently as Harper. I likled the scream as he woke from a nightmare. It was very realistic and I and the wife visibly winced. Not heard a bloke scream like that on TV before – very realistic.

quote:

I remember thginking that about Babylon 5 – after the first series! I’m not so sure I agree yet. The biggest problem that faces Andromeda is that it’s from the same stable as the generic Star Trek NG, DS9 and Voyager stable. They have much stigma and a load of formula writing style to get over before it could be considered a classic….. but I think they are getting there. If they can maintain the momentum of the last couple of shows, it’ll be a classic for sure.

Nice post Andrew, cheers.

——————

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.