Episode III director announced

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi General Sci Fi Stuff Episode III director announced

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 22 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

From http://www.starwars.com:
    Now that work on Episode II is nearly complete George Lucas has announced his plans to step down from the director’s chair. That position in the upcoming Star Wars: Episode III. will be filled by Canadian writer, director, and producer Paul Donovan. Donovan’s previous credits include Paint Cans, Def-Con 4, and Tales from a Parallel Universe.

Lucas: “As with the original trilogy, the responsibilities of director have gotten to be too much for me, with so much work necessary from me in other, more crucial capacities. So I’ve made the decision to hand Episode III over to Paul [Donovan]. Back when we were working on Episode I, I saw I Worship His Shadow [the first Tales from a Parallel Universe movie] on television, and I was immediately struck by how similar it was in mood to my vision of a fledgling Empire [as it will exist in Episode III]. There was really no second choice in my mind for director, once I decided to give up the position.”

In Episode III (as yet untitled), Donovan will be directing two actors he’s worked with in the past: Ralph Brown (Ric Olié) and Jeff Pustil (Randu Fett).

——————

“April fools.” -Lee Sherman; a.k.a. DalekTek790

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:

——————

“April fools.” -Lee Sherman; a.k.a. DalekTek790

Actually DT, that’s not too far from the truth, I read recently that Lucas may be looking to take a back seat with Ep III and hand the reins to a younger director…although he would still have a major influence in it’s production.
    Squishy

Anonymous

If Ep2 is anything like Ep1 maybe George should give up the director chair and let someone else have a try at bringing Star Wars back to life.

Anonymous

On another board some friends were asking what 4/1 jokes fooled you, I told em about this one and lo and behold a stranger posted:

The dead do not use “The Force”

Funny how many fans are out there

Anonymous

It will be nice to se a movie made by Paul D again! I sure hope he can bring some stile in to Star Wars again because Episode I, well, it was like a little kid had made the story or something!
    Sure it wasnt al bad but it sure wasnt the Star Wars Id grown up with!

Hey, maybe Lucas will change his mind now and doe Episode 7, 8 and 9 as he had intended! 1, 2 and 3 was supose to be an teaser for the last 3 movies but it took to long time making 1, 2 and 3 Lucas felt that he was getting to old and didnt have the strength to make 7, 8 and 9!
    Mybehell deside to not put down that project and let someone else make it!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.