Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    theFrey
    Participant

How did this freaking movie end?? I have to leave five minutes from the ending….. I left just at the part when they both got their tapes and he was listening to his when she followed him back to his apartment.

sarahent
    Participant

I’m planning on seeing it, but did you catch the bit where Elijah’s character says, “but I love Merry!”

bonnee
    Participant

I loved this movie (I reference it in the recent Lexx thread ๐Ÿ˜† ), and the film’s ending is especially lovely.

Basically, on discovering each other through the tapes, they agree to start again – with their knowledge on how (and why) badly the relationship ended in the first place. Despite being destined to make the same mistakes in the ‘new’ relationship, the two lovers can now learn to be more accepting and loving of each’s (perceived) failings as if learning about them for the first time. It doesn’t imply that they’ll succeed with this knowledge, only that they now have reason to be more understanding and accepting of one another’s known ‘failings’.

Deathscythehell
    Participant

I really want to see this movie, is it on video and DVD yet?

theFrey
    Participant

Ah, Thanks Bonnee

bonnee
    Participant
    Deathscythehell wrote:

I really want to see this movie, is it on video and DVD yet?

Not yet – September onwards (2004 release date depends on the region).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.