Fahrenheit 9/11

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    theFrey
    Participant

I have mixed feelings about Mr. Moore. I liked Roger and Me, but the entire premise of Bowling for Combine was very unsettling.

Well, what a documentry. There was a lot in it that we had already known pre-911, the vacation crud, the cozy buisness relationship the Bush’s had with so many companies under investigation ect…

But some of the other stuff I wasn’t aware of Daddy Bush getting daily updates and still being on the boards of all those companies….

The entire thing was pretty upsetting. More so I think, because everytime I thought I couldn’t get madder… they would do a clip of Georgie B being inane.

Anonymous

If he had just presented the facts unbiasedly, this film would have had far more of an impact on the Right Wing. I personally was very sympathetic up until the point where he bashed our military by showing them listening to headphones and acting carelessly while in the midst of battle.

The problem with this (besides the obvious) is he has absolutely no understanding of military history, so lets head back to a quote of one of the original standing armies of Human history.

Noble and manly music invigorates the spirit, strengthens the wavering man and incites him to great, and worthy deeds.”

-Homer

Soldiers aren’t trained to lose. And humans are humans, and are driven by the same fears and desires as those of Homer’s world and beyond to Sumerian days.

Personally, I wish we could go back to the days when we had entire marching bands and musicians on the battlefield, but unfortunately Formations have gone the way of the Dinosaur just like the belief all of humanity is ready to put down all weapons for flowers, as clearly Mr. Moore believes.

If Moore has been well-read, he could of just left out those scenes and attacked Bush directly. And the scenes with the familes of the soldiers? Horrible. Attacking Bush through 3rd and 4th parties isn’t “Documenting History”. It’s a pure propaganda piece, almost as one-sided as Triumph of Will.

Other than my bitching above, this movie is pure gold. It catalogues not only what is wrong with Bush, but what is wrong with us as a society which ignorantly allowed 2 different people with the same name and the same skeletons in the closet into the office of President.

If people had looked up and known these things before the first election many would not have voted for him purely because of “Conflict of Interest”.

Anonymous

Sorry for hijacking your thread a bit Frey ๐Ÿ˜ณ , but didn’t want to start a new one.

I think everyone in the States should read THIS. This kinda is why I don’t like Michael Moore. While he’s busy hogging the spotlight with partisan talk (and pushing his DVD), news stories like this slip through the cracks. Kind of like the way 2 top US Generals, a CIA director and several FBI ADs, retired/quit under Bush’s watch but their (informed) statements were drowned out by Moores ranting.

And like I mentioned in the other thread, it’s not about exaggerating what Bush did or has done. The main problem is the division he has created in this country. You’re with him or against him, and people are taking that to the next step (not Bush, but Americans) like in the above story. The next guy that comes along may decide Bush didn’t “up the ante” enough and act on it, that’s what truly scares me. The fact we’ve all stopped being Americans and are labeled by Republican and Other.

And a nice little Editorial from our Brit friends here

theFrey
    Participant

Ack! pirates! Ah no, just LL. ๐Ÿ˜€

I was interested in one part of the article you pointed out. I feel I can shed some light on his puzzlement.

The silence is all the more troubling since in the past the US news media has had no problem at all covering other wacko conspiracy theories, ones with far less evidence to support them. (For infuriating confirmation of this, watch the second part of the must-see documentary series The Power Of Nightmares (Wed, 9pm, BBC2) and witness the absurd hounding of Bill Clinton over the Whitewater and Vince Foster non-scandals.)

See what the writer ignores is that for the most part, due to laws passed in the recent past, most of our media is now owned by a few conglomerates. Who are for the most part run by people of the Republican ilk. So, stories ferreted out by those pesky reporter vermin are only allowed to run rampant when they attack democrats.

Now granted they will occassionally dip a toe into the septic tank that the republican party is currently swimming in, but only when such knowledge is so wide spread as to make it impossible to ignore. And even then it will only be allowed until the first opportunity for it to be dropped or twisted in to an attack on the other side.

Anonymous
    theFrey wrote:

Ack! pirates! Ah no, just LL. ๐Ÿ˜€

See what the writer ignores is that for the most part, due to laws passed in the recent past, most of our media is now owned by a few conglomerates. Who are for the most part run by people of the Republican ilk. So, stories ferreted out by those pesky reporter vermin are only allowed to run rampant when they attack democrats.

Bingo.

Even my beloved Jon Stewart is a slave to the ABC/Disney Empire which has direct ties to CNN. Imagine the heat he got for doing XFire. The editorial is just his or her opinion, but I felt it was a good thing to post considering we have no greater friend and ally than the U.K. When your friends all start to bitch at you for something it’s one thing, but when it’s family, you better start listening. Though he coulda left the assasination line at the end out ๐Ÿ˜›

I also wanted to post one last article since this is a very international site.

Read This

This speaks VOLUMES. When 33% of them decide not to show up, you’ve got serious issues. Coupled with last week when an entire platoon told their officer “No.” Bush has got some serious thinking to do. Otherwise it’s going to be him, Rummy, Cheney and a few others holding the front lines.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.