Farscape Miniseries Debuts This Weekend

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Farscape Farscape Miniseries Debuts This Weekend

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    bonnee
    Participant

Just a reminder that ‘Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars’ will premiere in the States this weekend…and on Internet connections soon thereafter ๐Ÿ˜€

For those that don’t know, you can access the 2 part miniseries via bittorrent on http://www.suprnova.org/

and will need an application like ABC http://pingpong-abc.sourceforge.net/download.php to trigger the linked downloads.

(Legal Disclaimer: Sadgeezer.com neither condones nor condemns the downloading of copywrited material – we’d just like you to enter a morally grey area called the dark zone).

Sidhecafe
    Participant

I’ve had a post it note reminder above the power switch on my tv for 2 weeks about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Long live Farscape!!!!

Headgehog
    Participant

Believe it or not, I almost forgot about it! Almost…

bonnee wrote:

Just a reminder that ‘Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars’ will premiere in the States this weekend…and on Internet connections soon thereafter

LOL, it certainly will. But a lot of programs will have that happen to them, nowadays. Not that I would ever engage in such devious behaviour. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ Seriously folks, just remember to watch it when it aires in your respective country, even if you first saw it some other way. We do want to keep good TV scifi alive right?
    In an “unrelated” story, the new Battlestar Galactica series will premier on Monday in the UK. And two sadgeezers in the US, should have the episode review done soon thereafter. ๐Ÿ˜†

bonnee
    Participant
    Headgehog wrote:

Seriously folks, just remember to watch it when it aires in your respective country, even if you first saw it some other way. We do want to keep good TV scifi alive right?

Unfortunately, Australian television has indicated that it has no intention of showing it. Neither free to air or pay per view are interested – or at least, that’s what they’ve claimed so far. Its possible they might find themselves in possession of it when they buy some other package related to reality tv or crime drams – in which case, they’ll pretend to be committed to it.

To rub salt in the wounds – the final series of Farsacpe was thrown around the schedules on Foxtel. Not only was it interrupted for months without explanation, the final episode wasn’t even mentioned in the foxtel guide. It literally disappeared up its own wormhole, only to thankfully reappear on the other side of the universe (the Internet for poor buggers like myself).

Particularly disgraceful when you rememember its made in (and by) Australians. ๐Ÿ™„

Flamegrape
    Participant

I’ll be watching tonight. It comes on in a couple hours.

A year and a half ago, I recall chatting with Virginia Hey. At that time, she was completely convinced that it was over for good. Although she is a very nice woman and seems to always have a cheery attitude (and very spiritual, I might add) she was sure that there was no hope of it returning. I explained to her that Farscape’s cancellation was on par with the cancellation of Star Trek in the late 1960s. A massive fan campaign brought it back. Farscape has had a similar impact. No other sci-fi show in recent memory has had this kind of impact. Virginia was sympathetic, but truly had little hope of the show’s return.

Well, looky here! It’s returned.

bonnee
    Participant

I’d like to see those two spank each other. ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous

For those interested the reviews should be up early this week.

Rin
    Participant

I don’t believe they’ve aired in england yet, correct me if i’m wrong?
    As Supanova is no more, i can’t even get it from that ๐Ÿ™
    Though considering i only recently saw the last episode, i can wait a little longer…though not TOO long i hope!

Does anyone know if there are any more? As the last episode i saw seemed kind of ‘final’ though not properly explained, if you know what i mean.

Headgehog
    Participant

I thik it has aired in the UK, but I could be wrong. If you’re really in a hurry to see, and illegal downloading isn’t your thing, it’s been released in the US on DVD.

I’ve heard rumours of a spin off series, but nothing with substance. I wouldn’t get my hopes up…

bonnee
    Participant

Rin, you don’t need supernova et al – just a tracker finder

http://torrentspy.com/

Rin
    Participant

Cheers guys.
    Wow, i just got the series for xmas, what can i say, AWESOME!
    Though i’m still sad to see it end v.v

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.