Fatguy Is A White Man.

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub Fatguy Is A White Man.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Fatguy
    Participant

I am a White Man! ๐Ÿ˜€

Maurice

Anonymous
    Inactive

Welcome to the exclusive club, WhiteGuy. ๐Ÿ˜† I can only hope that the kind people here will find it in their hearts to look upon my newborn as if she were not “tainted with a touch of the tar-brush,” as my dear recently departed grandmother would’ve once said.

Sadgeezer.com, for those with discriminating taste (taste in sci-fi that is). ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜‰

Fatguy
    Participant

Hey guys…..and gals….. I just found out that I look like Brad Pitt! WOW – ain’t I handsome….. 8)

Anonymous
    Inactive

What a coincidence! I’ve been told that I look like Brad’s armPitt, even more handsome! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Fatguy
    Participant
    Logan wrote:

Welcome to the exclusive club, WhiteGuy. ๐Ÿ˜† I can only hope that the kind people here will find it in their hearts to look upon my newborn as if she were not “tainted with a touch of the tar-brush,” as my dear recently departed grandmother would’ve once said.

Sadgeezer.com, for those with discriminating taste (taste in sci-fi that is). ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜‰

You know…..I was eating a Kentucky Fried chicken 2pc with gravy ๐Ÿ™„ and maccaroni in my sweltering car.

Maurice

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nothing like KFC to spur on those deep thoughts. I’ve always suspected that the Colonel was a racist, but I have no firm evidence to support this.

We live in a very multi-cultural area; within walking distance there’s a mosque, various churches, a Buddhist temple, a Sikh temple, and and an East Indian cultural centre. Most of my friends are Asiatic (middle-eastern, East Indian, Chinese)…

Its interesting that you mention the Chinese element in relation to my wife being Filipina. Her mother is from a fairly well-to-do Chinese family, when she married a dark, non-Chinese man, she was cut-off from the family. Her siblings are lighter in complexion than her, and she was teased and called ugly for it. Her fair skinned cousins have been terribly cruel to her because she’s darker. It’s sad to me that in the Philippines fair skin is generally considered beautiful, dark skin ugly. Most of their celebrities are either of Chinese or Spanish origin (commonly both, and do not look like most Filipinos). Many people there are genuinely ashamed to feel dark — it’s a low-esteem nation. Doesn’t help that their major export is people — many of them nannies, cleaners, and fast food servers. Many of them are University educated too, but seem to lack the ambition to do something else — i guess they feel they won’t be accepted in higher-level jobs. Of course there are many great nurses from there too.

When I told people that I met a girl I really liked in Japan, they were all really disappointedwhen they found out she was from the Philippines “ah, okay” would be a common response before they’d change the topic. Many of them automatically assumed that she was an entertainer in Japan (she taught English at my fellow school).

When she came here, and she’s a chemical engineer, she was content to be a cleaner like so many others. But my pride wouldn’t allow it, soon she became the head-manager of a medical device German-owned company — she’s an extremely hard and capable worker, worked right up until the last day of her preganacy. I must admit that I was always scared that people would think she was a nanny — I even avoided telling people that she was Filipina becuase I feared their reaction after a while. I would even speak to her in Japanese when I was out — she can pass for Japanese. Sad, I don’t worry about it any more, but…

I’m not worried aboutthe baby, while I attended an almost exclusively white school, there will be children of many races at hers. Actually, maybe not, she’s going into French immersion. You know, it’s funny, we brought my mother-in-law over to stay with us, and when she first saw the baby, she excitedly said, “The baby has white skin!” I really couldn’t care less. The baby has Oriental traits, black hair, oriental eyes etc, and even though she looks nothing like me (but acts like me), I couldn’t be happier! A lovely, flawless baby. But it has crossed my mind how people will react when they see ultra-white me with the baby — will they recognise me as the father, think I’m a kidnapper etc.? I’m already getting the “baby looks nothing like you” deal.

There will be racism, and hopefully we’ll deal with it as best we can.

Fatguy
    Participant

Thank you for the thought provoking post Logan!

Maurice

lizard
    Participant

Hum Brad Pitt— Not really my type. But then I am no Jennifer Anniston either.

I am interrupting this thread to say congrats to Funket!!! So your baby has arrived! Have fun. I am sure that he/she is a darling (and by he/she I don’t mean to imply that the baby is a hermaphodite, just that I don’t know the gender!!!)

Fatguy
    Participant

I am a White Man.

Maurice

Fatguy
    Participant

Do not forget…..I am a White Man! ๐Ÿ˜€

Maurice

Anonymous
    Inactive
    lizard wrote:

I am interrupting this thread to say congrats to Funket!!! So your baby has arrived! Have fun. I am sure that he/she is a darling (and by he/she I don’t mean to imply that the baby is a hermaphodite, just that I don’t know the gender!!!)

Thanks Lizard! She’s my little boucing ball of love! ๐Ÿ˜€ I’m not getting much sleep, but very happy.

Fatguy
    Participant

“Happiness is Not a warm gun. it’s a beautiful baby IMHO”

An interesting statement – Back to my life as a White Man!

Maurice:D

nasym
    Participant

as I se it you should be proud of your color… white pepole spend hours and hours in the sun trying to become what you were from birth ๐Ÿ˜‰

nice wife, u should know that ur a lucky man
    (you probably know that)

Anonymous

I met Logan once, and he’s a periwinkle shade of blue, don’t believe the hype. ๐Ÿ˜†

Anonymous
    Inactive
    ”LexxLurker” wrote:

I met Logan once, and he’s a periwinkle shade of blue, don’t believe the hype. ๐Ÿ˜†

๐Ÿ˜† And there I’d always thought I was more of a sea slug shade of mollusc. *nudge, nudge, winkle, winkle ;)*

(BTW, totally off-topic but I came across this wonderful forum at http://www.seaslugforum.net/ — everything you ever wanted to know about sea slugs, and maybe some things you didn’t)

nursewhen
    Participant
    Fatguy wrote:

I am a White Man! ๐Ÿ˜€

Maurice

I’ve been away for a while so I’ve probably missed something.

Colour makes no difference either way. Why are you confusing me like this ๐Ÿ˜•

Fatguy
    Participant

This old thread was edited by me for some stupid reason: “snooze and you lose…..”

Maurice – Ok – I transformed myself into the virtual “White Man”.

ShadowedVenus
    Participant

You know, the race thing aside, your daughter will end up looking like you. When I was a kid, everyone told me that I was the spitting image of my dad and my brother was the spitting image of my mum, but low and behold, these days, it tends to be the other way round. Be sure your genes will find you out…
    Though maybe not. One of my friends is adopted, but even though people would comment on her darker hair and skin as a child, nowadays they tell her she looks really like her mum. I don’t know what any of this proves, but anyway, congratulations on your sprog!

bonnee
    Participant

Logan, my partner is a South African Jew, and conforms to the ‘Ayran’ ideal (long blonde hair, blue eyes, milk white skin, etc). As I’ve indicated previously, I’m an Arab (long black hair, brown eyes, dark skin, etc). My partner’s family is fond of commenting that I look more Jewish than they do (whatever that means). At any rate, I didn’t realise I was rascist until my daughter was born – my heart ‘instinctively’ sank when she initially looked like me (apart from the BIG blue eyes, she was very Asiatic looking). I suppose I was unconsciously hoping that she would be Ayran looking – or at least, would look more like her mother than her dad.

Intriguinly, now that she’s growning, her skin and hair have lightened considerably, and she’s developed pronounced curls down the back of her long hair. And as someone at her cresche commented yesterday (another jew, Asiatic looking): she is the ‘ideal child. Every family wants a beautiful little goldilocks – your so lucky, etc’ . I suppose what I’m saying (and hearing) is that the Aryan ideal is ingrained in one form or another, and can surface in quite unexpected ways.

Fatguy
    Participant

This is one thread that really bothers me (like a boil on the bum…..). ๐Ÿ˜ก Why do the numbers keep growing when this thing is effectively “dead”. I even took down all the photos and my text and you still keep viewing this thing…..

What is the attraction to: “Fatguy Is A White Man”? Have I upset the apple cart? Does the fact that I may be a “White Man” make it all better? Would the stars be correctly aligned again if I was a “White Man”?

No – I am a Black Man – deal with it…..

Maurice: P.S. If you want the real “Fatguy”; go here, all real and making a come-back:

http://www.sadgeezer.com/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3663&sid=aaf0890eef9ccd207db1cacbca04bdad

nursewhen
    Participant

I feel your pain, Fatguy. It’s extremely unpleasant to have assumptions made about you based on your race.
    I know how it feels. There’s a guy here who constantly insinuates that I must be racist simply because I’m white.

It’s not nice. ๐Ÿ™

Fatguy
    Participant
    nursewhen wrote:

I feel your pain, Fatguy. It’s extremely unpleasant to have assumptions made about you based on your race.
    I know how it feels. There’s a guy here who constantly insinuates that I must be racist simply because I’m white.

It’s not nice. ๐Ÿ™

On August 27, 2003, Nursewhen wrote: “Jeez, fatguy,

You’re not the only person on the planet who has a hard time and you’re not the only person on the planet who cares about the misfortunes of others. Me, I’m tired off the accusations of racism and elitisism which you are constantly implying in your posts.”

Ok…..you are right and I am “busted”….. You have my apology – sorry….. As a token of my friendship, I offer you some “eye candy”:

http://webhome.idirect.com/~rem223/ManualRemoteLinking3.htm

Anonymous
    Inactive
    nursewhen wrote:

It’s not nice. ๐Ÿ™

Every race has its racists… It certainly can be difficult being part of a minority wherever you are (racial, cultural, ideological, religious etc.). At some times in my life I’ve felt like a minority of one (different, but vive la difference!).

I’d say that HE or SHE or (not to be discriminatory) IT by calling you a racist based on your race is showing racist tendencies. Gawd I hate stereotyping.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.