Fav B5 Moment

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

It’s me again. (Translation; I know I’m a pain in the butt, but you can live with it!)
    Just wondering; what’s everyone’s favourite B5 scene?
    Mine would have to be on In The Shadow Of Z’Ha’Dum, when Vir tells Morden what he wants. I think the quote’s right. “I’d like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and put it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generationa that some favours come with too high a price. I’d look into your lifeless eyes and wave like this. (He waves.) Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr Morden?”
    Then Morden just ignores the speech, gives Vir the data crystal to give to Londo, etc, then Vir starts to go. Then Vir turns around and waves at Morden.
    That was funny.

Anonymous

i agree that is a very funny scene. and the scene were Vir is actually waving at Mordens head on a pike is priceless!
    i think we need more catagories. like best special effects, favorite love scene, favorite comedic scene, best inspirational scene, best fight scene, best weapons fire display, most shocking moment, weirdest plot twist, etc…
    in my opinion the best fight scene was when Eathforce is trying to invade B5 and the Narn are falling over each other to stop them. it is just an amazing scene and the musical score was perfect! and the best inspirational scene is a tie. i love G’kars “Declaration of Principles” ]http://www.sadgeezer.com/cgi-bin/ultima tebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=000063
    and again G’kar when he is explaining his concept of God to the Narns after they have read his book.

[ 11-02-2002: Message edited by: mary beth ]

Anonymous

Morden’s head was stuck on a pike? Who did that? I know Sheridan nearly blew him up, my best friend lent me that tape, but no one told me his head ended up on a pike! (I’ve only seen most of series 1.)
    And we could use forums like you just suggested, too…
    Meanwhile, I’ll get Lucinda to lend me out that tape.

DalekTek790
    Participant

My favorite scene was in Babylon Squared when Zathras is trapped under the beam after helping the heroes, and is about to die. I’m thinking “Oh, poor Zathras.” Then we see too boots appear by his head. It is THE ONE. “Aah. Zathras knew. Zathras knew you would come.” Then a few seconds later the One removes his helmet to reveal…Sheridan! “I tried to do something. I tried to warn them of what was coming. But it all happened just the way I remember.”

Anonymous

i think that the episode you are looking for is from season 4 ep 6 called “Into the Fire”. i think that after Vir killed insane Carthagia, Londo ordered Morden executed. there is a scene were Vir is in front of the palace and he does his little wave to Mordens head on the pike.

Anonymous

VIR killed the Emporer? I can’t imagine that. Oh, now I can and it’s really disturbing. Sarcasm there. I just can’t imagine Vir killing anyone, much less Cartagia.
    And The One was SHERIDAN?? He was such a git. I don’t much like Sheridan, can’t figure out why.

DalekTek790
    Participant

I meant to type Sinclair, not Sheridan. The sequel of sorts to Babylon Squared, War Without End (parts 1 and 2) actually revealed that Sinclair, Sheridan, and Delenn are all the One (Entil’Zha). Sinclair is the One Who Was, Sheridan is the One Who Is, and Delenn is the One Who Will Be.

Vir couldn’t imagine himself killing Carthagia either!

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    Sinclair is the One Who Was, Sheridan is the One Who Is, and Delenn is the One Who Will Be.

No Delenn is the one who is, and Sheridan is the one who wil be

Anonymous

First Season,
    Londo: “Vir, what can i do for you, you moon faced assassin of joy?”
    {while he’s chatting up a nubile Centauri exotic dancer}

Anonymous

The writers must have it in for Sinclair. First he’s discovered to be Valen and now he’s the One Who Was! Good grief. And I don’t suppose there’s any chance that Sheridan is The One Who Will Be dead before the show ends? Well, I can live in hope!
    SadGeezer, I saw that episode too, and it was very funny, that bit. I wonder if Adira dumped Londo once she got free. Hmmm.
    One of my other favourite bits is in A Voice In The Wilderness, Part One (which I saw on Saturday) when Londo did the Hokey-Pokey. It was just too funny!

Anonymous

slightly uncomfortable-looking sheridan gets into lift with lennier..
    “woohoo???” says lennier.
    (can’t remember the scene exactly. it’s been a while since i’ve seen it.hope you know the bit i mean!!!)

Anonymous

Yeah, you got it exact. I liked that bit too! Poor Sheridan doesn’t know whether to be even more uncomfortable or even more embarassed!
    Just saw Into The Fire. Mary Beth, you’re right, Vir waving at Morden’s head on that pike was priceless! I like it when Vir got drunk and asked Londo how much more he had to drink so he couldn’t see himself in the mirror. Vir can be really funny.

grumbler
    Participant

This topic hasn’t been milked nearly enough!

Of course, EVERYONE liked the scene where Delenn rides to the rescue in Severed Dreams but my favorite part of the whole series was probably the Minbari Civil War, and especially Neroon’s* confrontation with Shakiri at the end of it… “but YOU said that life and death were merely two possible outcomes, neither to be desired above the other… that death was merely a release from our obligations… ” and then asks him what he is willing to die for. A great moment, and there is a great resolution to the conflict. But Neroon is gone, and there is still a full season of B5 to go!

* the series didn’t have NEARLY as much Neroon as it needed, and the same actor’s appearance as the MiniPax’s “Mr Welles” nearly ruined the whole thing, since the actor’s voice is so distinctive.

fluffy bunny
    Participant

Since I’m not allowed severed dreams, and everyone’s discussed S2&3
    There was a line from a episode in S4 (Endgame I think it’s called).
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

W
    A
    R
    N
    I
    N
    G

Clark’s decided to blow up Earth along with himself- defense systems armed. B5’s fleet’s trying to blow them all up. Last one. No guns, noone else around. ‘All power to engines. Give me ramming speed’

nursewhen
    Participant

*More spoilers*
    My favourite scene is Sheriden leaping from that sky train just as the bomb goes off and freefalling through the centre of Babylon 5 and being rescued by Kosh.

And just before that is the hilarious ‘I’m sorry’ speech 😀

Nebagram
    Participant

My fave would have to be the entire last fifteen minutes of “Z’Ha’Dum”. From the bit where the Shadows surround B5 to Sheridan’s final leap into the abyss, the hair on the back of your neck stands on end and doesn’t go down until the credit sequence. :mrgreen: Sheer brilliance.

grumbler
    Participant
    ”fluffy wrote:

….. ‘All power to engines. Give me ramming speed’

Thoug others have commented on it, I also always wondered why everyone ordered “ramming speed” like it was a different speed than “full speed.” Did the EA navy actually PRACTICE ramming speed, and if not what were the poor schmoes in engineering supposed to think when they got that order? 😀

It was a great moment, though, I agree – though made so by Franke’s music during and just after that scene – otherwise it risked being hackneyed and cliched..

And made even more of a moment by Leftcourt’s “sorry we were late” line.

grumbler
    Participant
    Nebagram wrote:

My fave would have to be the entire last fifteen minutes of “Z’Ha’Dum”. From the bit where the Shadows surround B5 to Sheridan’s final leap into the abyss, the hair on the back of your neck stands on end and doesn’t go down until the credit sequence. :mrgreen: Sheer brilliance.

Word! But note again that it is all the music, and in fact was more than 25 minutes long. Boxleitner doesn’t speak but half a dozen lines of dialogue for that whole period, and Delenn none, but what you remember are the looks on his face and hers at the end, along with the music that tells you what they are feeling. Great stuff.

And the music that accompanies the otherwise charactorless and robotic “Death Ride of the White Star” is maybe the best Franke did until “Sleeping in Light.”

fluffy bunny
    Participant

There was a point of superb acting setting a mood in season 2- the Centauri had taken the Narn homeworld.

works better with the buildup and the visuals though

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.