Favorite Doctor in Dr Who

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Tod
    Participant

Tom Baker will always be Dr Who in my eyes, he fitted how I would imagine the doctor to be if I was reading a book! He looked slightly mad, but inteligent all at the same time!

DalekTek790
    Participant

Tom Baker is the most popular among fans, but, after seeing all eight Doctors in action, I’d have to say my favorite is definately the fifth, Peter Davison.

“Take a look at this.”

“That’s our sonic screwdriver!”

“Now it functions as a delta wave amplifyer.”

“But what if we need a screwdriver?”

“I’ll think of something.”

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous
    Inactive

‘my’ Doctor will always be Peter Davidson (showing my age a bit here, or should that be lack of)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is that from The Kinda?

Aeryn Crichton
    Participant

Yes, Tod! I totally agree with you. Tom Baker is the best! And, I know what you mean about that mad look in his eyes – it’s when he’s getting all bug eyed. I love playing the Doctor Who drinking game because the drink whenever he bugs his eyes rules just kills me! And, Tom Baker had the best companions – Leela, 1st and 2nd Romana, Sarah. Ooh, and I love it when he gets out his jelly bellies (I think that’s what they’re called).

——————
    “I love you” “I know” – Princess Leia and Han Solo
    “First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me, blow” – Ash from Army of Darkness
    “Darling, you idiot!” – Lum from Urusei Yatsura
    “Who is this Anya!? Is she prettier than me!?” Xander’s sock puppet friend from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Anonymous

Tom Baker is my choice. I really enjoyed him. It was a neat show.

Anonymous

Another vote for Tom Baker! I even made my mom knit me a long, Dr. Who scarf (tho’ colors not being my thing, it’s grey, black and white; but, it’s half a mile LONG! )

Peter Cushing; didn’t he play a Who, too? I seem to remember a movie he was in with robots (Daleks?), which scared the bejebus outta me, when I was small. Gave me scary nightmares, it did; sneak into your parents’ room nightmares.

——————
    “Time begins then time ends, and then time begins once again.”

Aeryn Crichton
    Participant

My brother always wanted Tom Baker’s scarf, but the closest he came to it was one of my mom’s scarfs. He made a K-9 once with a sort of toy van thing. He used cardboard and other things to make it into K-9. But, K-9 just isn’t the same without the K-9 voice – “Orders master, orders”

——————
    “First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me, blow” – Ash from Army of Darkness
    “Who is this Anya!? Is she prettier than me!?” Xander’s sock puppet friend from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Anonymous
    Inactive

Peter Cushing played the Doctor in the 2 Dalek movies (I think there were 2?). Roy Castle was in The Dalek Invasion of Earth 20whatever, not sure about the first one.

Richard Hurndall reprised Bill’s role in The Five Doctors after his death, having performed a limited role in The Three Doctors when his health was failing.

Anonymous

It was Cushing! Kewl! Thanks, Cat. I didn’t want to blame my therapy bills on the wrong man’s movie. (it scared the poo outta me!)

——————

DalekTek790
    Participant

1. “Doctor Who and the Daleks”-1964
    2. “Daleks-Invasion: Earth 2150 A.D.”-1965

——————

“Exterminate!” -Dalek warrior, “The Daleks”: Episode 4-“The Ambush”
    “Feel the power of the dark Crystal!” -skekTek the Scientist, “The Dark Crystal”

“I will love you forever!” -drone 790, “Lexx 1.1: I Worship His Shadow”

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous

Awright, thanks Dalek! It would be good to see it again; face some childhood demons! It’s amazing how a movie that scared the pants off of you as a child, just makes you laugh and shake your head as an adult. (okay, ‘Forbidden Planet’ still wigs me out)

——————

Anonymous
    Inactive

I *think* I’ve got both of them on video somewhere.. my Dr Who stuff is pretty disorganised and incomplete.. I’ve got a shelf of prerecorded stuff and some taped stuff, but for some reason when recording of Dr Who I always miss an episode or part of an episode.

The Dr Whos I remember scaring the pants off me were the Awakening and Paradise Towers. Admittedly I was young when I first saw the Awakening and allI could remember was the face in the wall, but that was enough to give me nightmares for years…
    That bit near the end of the Neverending Story when the Gmork appears always made me jump, no matter how many times I saw it.

Anonymous

Oh, yeh, Gmork was high on the creepometer, too. When I first saw it I thought it was kinda intense, compared with the rest of the movie. The whole movie theater went quiet, not one kernel crunched. Then, it jumped out and poor EFX gave me a sigh of relief(whew!).

——————

Tod
    Participant

Talking of Tom’s scarf, I remember having one made for me by my grandma, it was great!!

Anonymous

Speaking of the doc, did anyone recognise him in the D&D movie?

——————
    Studies show that alcohol is the leading cause of inexplicable rug-burns to the forehead.

Aeryn Crichton
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by CBrate:
    Speaking of the doc, did anyone recognise him in the D&D movie?

Yes, and the bad thing was that Tom was pretty much the best actor in it. Thora Birch is usually good, but she just didn’t seem to be on her game in it.

——————

Anonymous

Oh dear, I’d forgotten the Tom was in the D&D movie. Drat. Well, I’ll have to wait for the vid.

Tom Baker was my first, and favorite, but I enjoyed Sylvester McCoy alot. *Helps when he’s the most human of all of them in a personal sense.*
    Uh, I should explain. I went out drinking with him and a group -including Majel Roddenberry. I broke his glasses whilst doing the lindy with him. I still have the pieces.
    AND I k-0’d his security guard for being a pervert (he rendered me topless in front of six people at the hotel afterwards.)He showed up the next morning looking like a raccoon!
    Sylvie is the Doctor even in real life. (Full of childish delight.)
    I treasure the memory of that evening to this day. Dancing with The Doctor! HAHAHA…. Truth IS stranger than fiction!

——————
    Help me~~~Lexx HAS eaten my brain! ๐Ÿ˜›

[This message has been edited by Rust (edited February 23, 2001).]

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.