Final Ep

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I just saw the final ep over here on UK sifi channel (it was fantastic by the way) and they claimed it was the worldwide debut (asuming this is one of the ones fox didnt air) and i was wondering who else has seen it and what they thought.

if your not sure if youve seen it a bounty hunter named early trys to take river (thats not to much of a spoiler is it)

anyway it has one of the gratest lines in the show and i was hoping someone would be able to remeber this exactly so i can put it in my sig

Wash: that sounds like something out of science fiction
    Zoe: honey, we live in a spaceship

Anonymous

The ep is titled “Objects in Space” – I’ve got it on my TiVo at home and can check it out later, but your quote sounds right. It was the last normal ep aired, although Fox did show the pilot the week after. Airing the pilot before the series is apparently out of fashion these days. ๐Ÿ˜‰

DoctorWhen
    Participant

That episode was pretty gritty – uncompromising writing and content – something I really didn’t expect in a US sci-fi series.

Refreshing and almost unique. Just like the whole series, in fact.

nursewhen
    Participant

Well I was disappointed. As a last episode, I thought it was quite poor. Everybody wants River gone, then suddenly it’s happy ever after time. I also guessed that she was on his ship. The camera angle through the space helmet earlier on gave away the plot before it happened. It was a bit too linear and introspective for me.
    I much preferred the more complex twists and turns of episodes like Trash.

I liked the line about how she was either going to kill them or rub soup in their hair.

I still can’t believe they axed it though! It was far more entertaining and innovative than a lot of stuff that’s out there.

Anonymous

First off: Hullo, Dr. When! ๐Ÿ™‚

nursewhen wrote:

Well I was disappointed. As a last episode, I thought it was quite poor.

Well, it wasn’t intended to be a finale. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I believe “Trash” and “The Message” were the last two episodes to be actually finished. There’s a neat bit in the commentary for the latter about how the composer turned the guy’s funeral music into a requiem for the show itself.

nursewhen wrote:

I still can’t believe they axed it though! It was far more entertaining and innovative than a lot of stuff that’s out there.

I know entirely why they axed it, but it still sucks. It doesn’t make it much better, but I think every new non-realitytv show from that season was axed. Anything you can’t jam product placement into and produce for less than a high school play seems to be off the menu for Fox.

There’s been a severe drought of fiction programming here, at least from non-premium sources (HBO, et al). Hell, one of the best fiction shows recently has been MI-5 (“Spooks” in the UK), and even that is on cable, and not even produced by Hollywood!

Headgehog
    Participant
    ”stormsweeper” wrote:

Hell, one of the best fiction shows recently has been MI-5 (“Spooks” in the UK), and even that is on cable, and not even produced by Hollywood!

I didn’t know anyone else watched that over here. At the time it was one of the few shows I watched on Television. Supposedly they’re producing a third season (again with lots of funding from A&E), but I don’t know how they could make a third season after the second season finale.

Anonymous

The best place to look for news is the BBC. It’s in production now, and is supposed to air on BBC3 (I think) in August. No word on when it will make it over here.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.