fire and water rerun

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx fire and water rerun

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

well i know everyone, myself included, is in a tizzy over the upcoming uncon but i just thought i’d mention that i am glad i rewatched this for several reasons…first of all it seems much more clear from the vantage point of having seen the entire story unfold and second, it gave me an opportunity to revisit an eppy i had pretty much forgotten since it first showed here in the us last year…i really like prince’s receiving chamber, and the whole feel of fire which is this weird blend of industrial age with desert…i like the importance of water, and how prince only takes tiny sips of it periodically (cover your ears dalek tek) like the importance water has in dune…i also enjoyed revisiting kai fixing up 790, who in turn fixates on kai, and the way kai smoothlly adapts to situations;when he realizes 790 is in love with him and that he cannot get any useful info out of robothead, he asks 790 “do you love me” and then proceeds to wheedle 790 into cooperating with him based on his kai-obsession…have to giggle about that, at least kai is very practical and straightforward about his manipulations…and i still love the pump room with all the little hookheads gliding around on cables and the thousands of cubicles with people pumping feverishly to keep the air cooled on fire…oh and the last sweet vision of xev before they go into cryosleep where she asks kai if she can dream about him…all in all a great eppy, especially from the standpoint of 20-20 hind sight!

trillian
    Participant

The evil gerbils are at work. I didn’t even know it would be on this Monday.

I totally missed it.

——————
    “…we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what normal is anyway.”

DalekTek790
    Participant

I assumed they were going to reshow the second season, and was all ready to tape Mantrid. Oh well, at least I’ll get a chance to see Boomtown.

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    I assumed they were going to reshow the second season, and was all ready to tape Mantrid. Oh well, at least I’ll get a chance to see Boomtown.

actually, i would like to see all of season 2 again although there were definitely several that i thought were very weak in that the humor just did not work…but i definitely want to see mantrid, and brizon, as well as patches in the sky and net/web…i guess so far as i recall i still like terminal and love grows the best although wake the dead was fun…oh hell, i guess i just named the whole season didn’t i…why did you think mantrid was on? did it say that somewhere? i have just been going by the scifi.com show schedule…btw are you going to the uncon? would like to meet you if so…later

Anonymous

“Fire & Water” is a great epsiode. Its so mysterious and Xenia Seeberg is fantastic in her first season opener.

——————
    “Prick your finger it is done. The moon has now eclipsed the sun. The angel has spread it’s wings, the time has come for better things…”

Anonymous

I have to say this – Nigel Bennet is the right guy for the job! On one hand I find him strangely attractive and on the other hand he scares the bejesus out of me! When he gets really mad and that wing-cape flies up I practically jump outta my seat! He also has that bad-boy, I’m the man, type of walk.
    Stan made me laugh when he was lying through his teeth about how harmless Lexx was and that Xev was a nurse or something. But my B.P. and heart rate always goes up when Kai,
    the cold-hot guy emerges from his cryopod. When he’s on the screen I don’t see much of anything else. What a fashion statement those tongue necklaces were!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Mercury:
    “Fire & Water” is a great epsiode. Its so mysterious and Xenia Seeberg is fantastic in her first season opener.

agreed, it still has a lot of atmosphere even though we all know how it ends;the sets and graphics and just plain strangeness were quite spellbinding, and yes, xenia is excellent in this one, so many warring emotions in her and she plays them across her face so well…

Anonymous

Originally posted by NB 1:
    I have to say this – Nigel Bennet is the right guy for the job! On one hand I find him strangely attractive and on the other hand he scares the bejesus out of me! When he gets really mad and that wing-cape flies up I practically jump outta my seat! .

me too, i love that little flare wing (like those running lizards from australia that scare off predators!) and he has definitely grown on me too, he always seems to be laughing at some little secret only he knows, and he is so cool when he screws up, as in when xev informs him that only stan can captain the lexx because of the key

Stan made me laugh when he was lying through his teeth about how harmless Lexx was and that Xev was a nurse or something. What a fashion statement those tongue necklaces were

that was a scene that had me laughing out loud, when stan goes through the speeech about using his tongue and his lips to form comprehensible speech and then the big mean mute guy points to his tongue necklace and stan says “is that your tongue?! oh i’m sorry…” gotta love it

[This message has been edited by FX (edited March 07, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by FX (edited March 07, 2001).]

Anonymous

I have a question. Kai’s hair doesn’t grow because he is dead. How is it that Stan’s hair was the exact same length after 4000 years? Xev’s obviously didn’t stay the same. I know, it’s nit picky, but still,!*?

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by nwmonikr:
    I have a question. Kai’s hair doesn’t grow because he is dead. How is it that Stan’s hair was the exact same length after 4000 years? Xev’s obviously didn’t stay the same. I know, it’s nit picky, but still,!*?

I believe in an interview some time back the Divine Beans explained it away rather humorously by saying that Stan got hair plugs back at the Cluster. So, I guess either take it with a grain of salt or chalk it up to the fact that it’s Lexx and therefore the creators don’t really care about details like whether or not Stan’s hair grows, though personally I think it would have been much funnier had he come out of cryo looking like a wooky… you know, long hair, beard, evil looking fingernails. Just my opinion.

——————
    “Reality continues to ruin my life.” – Calvin and Hobbes

Another month ends. All targets met. All systems working. All customers satisfied. All staff eagerly enthusiastic. All pigs fed and ready to fly.

Anonymous

Oh Happy day, Sasquatch Stan!The pictures it brings to mind.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.