Firefly Cancelled ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    bonnee
    Participant

Did Firefly screen last week? I’ve just looked at the most recent ratings report, and it doesn’t appear in any of the top 125 shows listed. I can only assume one of three things – the show was pulled off air, it was replaced by a one off sporting event or it has fallen into complete oblivion

Anonymous

Um… the second one, sporting event. Baseball, feh!!

Anonymous

I think Fox has contracted for 13 episodes (though that doesn’t mean much). There was a baseball match that took precedance last week and the next show will air on Friday (Jaynestown).

This is the one I’ve really, REALLY been looking forward to. it’s written by Ben Edlund who was the creative genius behind The Tick cartoon series (and the live action show) and most notably the comic book series.

The Episode is centred around one of the central characters who apparently is involved in (or percieved to be involved in) some sort of heroic deed. I think it lends itself very well to Mr. Edlunds writing style. – Can’t wait!

pet
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Lucygoosey:
    Um… the second one, sporting event. Baseball, feh!!

GRRR! That’s what they did to Futurama, and then wondered why no one knew when it was on! GRRR!

(You did scare me for a minute. Whew!! )

Pet;D

trillian
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by SadGeezer:
    This is the one I’ve really, REALLY been looking forward to. it’s written by Ben Edlund who was the creative genius behind The Tick cartoon series (and the live action show) and most notably the comic book series.

Goody, goody!
    I hope it’s as bizarre and irreverant as the The Tick.

Anonymous

I wonder with the semi-demise of baseball fans myself being one, wether or not Fox should even bother to show the playoffs. Sell the contract off or put it on one of their many cable stations.

What I wonder is how much money they lose having to bump tons of shows including the Simpsons/24/Firefly etc….

Years ago it was simple, baseball adverts made more money, but now?

[ 16-10-2002: Message edited by: LexxLurker ]

Anonymous

Playoffs and World Series, baseball is still going to get more viewers and make them more money than Firefly. And you know when the games are scheduled, it’s not like a
    surprise scheduling change. Sometimes it even does the regular program some good as Fox usually inundates the commercial breaks with promos for their shows.

I guess you can tell I’ve been watching the games huh?

elmey

Anonymous

Oh I have no doubt it makes more than Firefly, but aggregate combined with the rest of their shows? Not so sure.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.