Firefly Tone

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Never seen the show but very interested. What is the general tone of Firefly. Is it quite serious or humourous? Is it more like Star Trek (pretty straight laced and serious), Farscape (quite serious but bits of humour) or Lexx (General anarchy)?

pet
    Participant

Lemmee think… I’d say it’s most like Farscape, but less zany in the funny bits, less body humor, and no aliens. It feels a little like Farscape mixed with Space:Above and Beyond, which had darker atmosphere, more strained personal conflict, and military character backgrounds.

However, they were able to make mere humans more creepy and terrifying than many aliens in the last ep. Whew!

Pet;D

Anonymous

Hmm, I think I’d say it was a cross between Andromeda and Bonanza.

The science is a bit screwy but the western motif is interesting (though I think it gets in the way of the sci fi) and the characters are great.

It’s worth watching (if only to see the realism of the silence of the spaceships – something I’ve not seen since 2001).

bonnee
    Participant

It’s worth watching (if only to see the realism of the silence of the spaceships – something I’ve not seen since 2001).

The year or the movie?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.