fluffdaddy deutsch

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Can anyone translate or give the jist of the speech Kai does in German? Danke!

Anonymous

Someone had posted earlier regarding that episode, that it was a passage from Faust, if you go back thru the ep Fluffdaddy threads, you will probably find it.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by :
    Can anyone translate or give the jist of the speech Kai does in German? Danke!

I sort of translated in a past thread, it’s from the intro to Goethe’s Faust. This time I refuse to be responsible for a translation of Faust and found what seems to be the standard one for you:

It’s by George Madison Priest (Priest! AHA!)

It’s the Poet (or writer’s) response to the theater manager whose earlier speech presents a very practical view of what the audience wants–just entertainment.

Poet: Go hence and seek yourself another slave!
    What! Shall the poet take that highest right,
    The Right of Man, that Right which Nature gave,
    And wantonly for your sake trifle it away?
    How doth he over every heart hold sway?
    How doth he every element enslave?
    etc., etc.

What it all means I will not venture to guess. Did you know that Faust has a section called Walpurgis Night? Coincidence or……

elmey

Flamegrape
    Participant

Faust by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Also, I’m wondering if the whole Fire & Water thing with the third season has something to do with the Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri[/url]. Has this been a subject already discussed?

verti
    Participant

quote:

Also, I’m wondering if the whole Fire & Water thing with the third season has something to do with the Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri. Has this been a subject already discussed?

I think that there’s some Divine Comedy worked in throughout the whole series. I’ll have to finish Purgatory and Paradise before deciding, however.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.