FluffDaddy Spoiler- Did Xev mate….?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx FluffDaddy Spoiler- Did Xev mate….?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Remember the part in FluffDaddy when Kai was explaining to Xev what was happening to her body and that she would “eat her mate”…?

Well, as we all saw what happened she ate the living Kai… Does this mean that she mated with him before she killed him? Why did Kai call the living Kai her “mate” because as living Kai announced he would be celebate for a couple of months until his show was over…why would he be considered her mate????
    Did I miss something? Probably did, because I usually do but you Lexxians will give me the answer….because you are all super-smart, with outstanding personalities and above average looks and strong, white, teeth……And that’s cause I said so…..!!!
    She’s pretty strong, do you think she “forced” herself on him…? And made him forget his vow of celebacy……?

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by :
    She’s pretty strong, do you think she “forced” herself on him…? And made him forget his vow of celebacy……?

well, despite all my jokes about men and the independant ‘thinking’ manifested by their two heads, i am still not sure that a woman, even the remarkable xev, can force herself on a man…having said that, the mind is weak and the flesh is weaker and it would appear that xev had her way with living kai since she ‘eats her mates‘, and mates usually imply mating…anyway, i guess we will see soon, or maybe not, knowing the beans…at any rate i found xev crying over the clump of kai-scalp quite touching… fx

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by FX:
    …having said that, the mind is weak and the flesh is weaker and it would appear that xev had her way with living kai since she ‘eats her mates‘, and mates usually imply mating fx

Perhaps, dispite his statements to the contrary Xev was able to get him to respond to her, dispite his vow.

Anonymous

Damn puritanical American t.v!

Did they cut that out (15 minutes were cut from this ep) or are the Beans being vauge?

Kai seemed pretty sure that she would, and afterwords she was normal so I’d say yes.

Ahh, thank goodness for a nice Lexx debate.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:

well, despite all my jokes about men and the independant ‘thinking’ manifested by their two heads, i am still not sure that a woman, even the remarkable xev, can force herself on a man…having said that, the mind is weak and the flesh is weaker and it would appear that xev had her way with living kai since she ‘eats her mates’, and mates usually imply mating…anyway, i guess we will see soon, or maybe not, knowing the beans…at any rate i found xev crying over the clump of kai-scalp quite touching… fx

Well FX, the question of whether a woman can force herself on a man is an interesting one that I would probably be well advised to avoid, but here goes. If the guy is intent on remaining celibate or monogamous, if he doesn’t find the woman attractive, or if his “equipment” isn’t in reasonably good working order, it’s simply not going to happen no matter how much she might want it to. But I would think that Xev could “forcibly persuade” more than a few guys to accept her mating advances . As to whether Xev mated with living Kai or not, I think she did but has no memory of it – similar to the way she had no memory of eating all the people she did. This is doubly sad in that she not only killed the one she loved, but can’t even remember getting any satisfaction before doing it – are those beans cruel or what?

On a more eerie note, I had started to forget about the tragic events of the past week and lose myself in Xev and the episode when the scene with Stan, Huff (Lex) and Lyekka in the moth brought me back to reality. Huff was explaining to Stan how, in the movie, they were supposed to be escaping a White House overrun by transsexual terrorists and that just brought everything right back into focus. I agree though about the ending – powerful stuff from Xenia.

[ 17-09-2001: Message edited by: Jason ]

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Hypatia:
    …Kai seemed pretty sure that she would, and afterwords she was normal so I’d say yes.

Ahh, thank goodness for a nice Lexx debate.

Kai oughta know his own self well enough to tell if Xev would be able to seduce a living version of him-self. I’m sure she must have, er, *done* him. Poor thing – she finally gets to play with a living Kai, but she’s blacked out for it, and then she eats him. Maybe she’ll have a little Kai-baby (or would it look like Squish?) to remember him by.

Anonymous

Maybe she’s Kai’s Great great great… keep going a while.. great great Grandmother. Wouldent that be something? ;p

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Jason:

Well FX, the question of whether a woman can force herself on a man is an interesting one that I would probably be well advised to avoid, but here goes. If the guy is intent on remaining celibate or monogamous, if he doesn’t find the woman attractive, or if his “equipment” isn’t in reasonably good working order, it’s simply not going to happen no matter how much she might want it to. But I would think that Xev could “forcibly persuade” more than a few guys to accept her mating advances . As to whether Xev mated with living Kai or not, I think she did but has no memory of it – similar to the way she had no memory of eating all the people she did. This is doubly sad in that she not only killed the one she loved, but can’t even remember getting any satisfaction before doing it – are those beans cruel or what?

On a more eerie note, I had started to forget about the tragic events of the past week and lose myself in Xev and the episode when the scene with Stan, Huff (Lex) and Lyekka in the moth brought me back to reality. Huff was explaining to Stan how, in the movie, they were supposed to be escaping a White House overrun by transsexual terrorists and that just brought everything right back into focus. [ 17-09-2001: Message edited by: Jason ]

along with your forcible mating of males argument, jason, well said…in fact my frame of mind has made the whole of s4’s premise somewhat resonant ; that’s why i couldnt quite get into an excellent episode or the chat afterwards…love fx

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by LexxLurker:
    Maybe she’s Kai’s Great great great… keep going a while.. great great Grandmother. Wouldent that be something? ;p

oy, this circular time thing makes my head hurt

Anonymous

Ya know, I just had an awful thought….. If Xev did mate with the living Kai was it before or after she turned into a cluster lizard…..??? Yikes, what an experience that would be, of course, living Kai was so off-the-wall he may have welcomed the experience…

Anonymous

well, I gotta say, the comment about terrorists in an episode done last February was eerie to say the least. As to the mating, well, Xev was the one that was the most interested in living Kai. He was so wrapped up in overacting I seriously doubt he would have known the difference one way or another. She well may have had her way with him and likely he wouldn’t have known it. This could be construed as a spoiler…..

The last new episode we will see in the US will be this coming Friday and it’s called “The Magic Baby”. as to whether it refers to lizard estrus or not, we will have to wait and see.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by X:
    Well.. the episode was originally 59 minutes long. To me it felt like a lot of stuff with the living Kai was cut out. But I agree with NB1’s comment about Kai stating he needed to remain cellebate, because no where do we ever get the impression he relented in anyway. I can only hope a more detailed Xplanation lay in the cut footage.

Hey, Saddy’s gettin uncut episodes.. I say we nag him about what we didn’t get to see!!

I don’t think that the 59 minute version is the “uncut” version. Sad, feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, but I think that the tapes that Sad’s receiving are the same format as the tapes Acorn originally received for Seasons 2 and 3, the *uncensored* cuts. A 59 minute episode is impossible to broadcast with commercial interruptions, so Salter would have edited about 11-12 minutes out to create the uncensored international broadcast version. Sci Fi would then cut out anything that would run into commercial time, and anything deemed offensive by their Standards & Practices people. The review screeners that Salter would send out would most likely be made from the 47-48 minute broadcast masters that they provide to Sci Fi (so that reviewers would present an accurate account of what people watching the show would see). The missing 11-12 minutes would probably be considered either outtakes or deleted scenes. Again, this is just a guess based on what we’d gotten in the past, and Sad can feel free to correct me at any time.

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Aleck:

I don’t think that the 59 minute version is the “uncut” version. Sad, feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, but I think that the tapes that Sad’s receiving are the same format as the tapes Acorn originally received for Seasons 2 and 3, the *uncensored* cuts. A 59 minute episode is impossible to broadcast with commercial interruptions, so Salter would have edited about 11-12 minutes out to create the uncensored international broadcast version. Sci Fi would then cut out anything that would run into commercial time, and anything deemed offensive by their Standards & Practices people. The review screeners that Salter would send out would most likely be made from the 47-48 minute broadcast masters that they provide to Sci Fi (so that reviewers would present an accurate account of what people watching the show would see). The missing 11-12 minutes would probably be considered either outtakes or deleted scenes. Again, this is just a guess based on what we’d gotten in the past, and Sad can feel free to correct me at any time.

–Aleck

Geeez! We’re lucky to see anything at all!

Anonymous

Anyone else notice that when we first meet the Alive Kai with Xev we see him doing the Crispin day speech then the very next scene Xev and Kai are in mid conversation? That was one cut that was really noticable on my end.

BTW the whole thing with Prince playing the satan like tempter this episode was a really cool idea. Offering Xev Live-Kai and Stanley Lyekka to get them to stay just a lil longer, and perhaps get a first-class ticket aboard the Lexx. 790 already made a deal with em back in Xevivor. Who’s next…Kai? Episodes just keep getting better and better this season.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by LexxLurker:
    [QB]Anyone else notice that when we first meet the Alive Kai with Xev we see him doing the Crispin day speech then the very next scene Xev and Kai are in mid conversation? That was one cut that was really noticable on my end.

QB]

Yeah, I thought the live-Kai scenes seemed a bit choppy. Hopefully S4 will come out on DVD, and in full-length glory.

Speaking of live Kai – I cracked up when he did that ape-walk, all covered in tomato bits! I also noticed that live Kai is just as *contrary* as dead Kai. “The actor does not need comfort.” Hmmph.

Anonymous

Well, sir Aleck, this magic number of 59 minutes which I refer to was mentioned by Paul and Lex on that recent chat on SciFi and I have had reports from others as well. They specifically call refference to the episode “Fluff Daddy” when someone asks a question about censoring and editing and Paul and Lex mention that “Fluff Daddy” in particular was a 59 min episode. Odd because obvisously at least 10 or 15 minutes of it would be cut. I believe they further commneted by saying it will be fun to see what SciFi does with it. I’m sure someone has the chat transcript somewhere so I am open to correction. But some little blue birds were telling me about a send up regarding all the Kai droolers which was obvisously missing from the US version.

hey, I don’t know anybody on the inside myself but even better.. I know peeples that know peeples

Anonymous

I dunno, Kai said she’d eat her mate at the end of her cycle, not specifically after sex.
    She could well have eaten him while he was still acting up a storm since he didn’t seem eager to vacate the stage even while his audience is being snacked on.

My question is, is there a pattern here? or is it just someone’s phobia:
    Gigerotta, the man eating cannibal
    Lyekka, the man eating plant
    Xev the man eating love slave
    Hey, even Vlad, who is going to “swallow every drop of (Kai’s) juice”

elmey

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by elmey:
    I dunno, Kai said she’d eat her mate at the end of her cycle, not specifically after sex.

She could well have eaten him while he was still acting up a storm since he didn’t seem eager to vacate the stage even while his audience is being snacked on.

You got a point there elmey. Xev seemed to *think* of him as her “mate” (in spite of his self-absorbed attitude btw) and maybe that’s enough. Plus, somebody else pointed out earlier – Kai told Xev he saw her turn into a Cluster Lizard to eat those people – so, as a lizard, it would have been *awkward* to, er, mate with him. Xev didn’t get to enjoy it either way, I guess.

My question is, is there a pattern here? or is it just someone’s phobia:
    Gigerotta, the man eating cannibal
    Lyekka, the man eating plant
    Xev the man eating love slave
    Hey, even Vlad, who is going to “swallow every drop of (Kai’s) juice”
    elmey

Uh, yeah, & was Vlad’s remark was a bit, erm, suggestive? (innocent Aurora blushes tomato red)

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Aurora:

Uh, yeah, & was Vlad’s remark was a bit, erm, suggestive? (innocent Aurora blushes tomato red)[/QB]

uhm, yeah, and it makes its own sauce fx thinks about trying to blush as she wanders off for gin and tonic…

Anonymous

Well.. the episode was originally 59 minutes long. To me it felt like a lot of stuff with the living Kai was cut out. But I agree with NB1’s comment about Kai stating he needed to remain cellebate, because no where do we ever get the impression he relented in anyway. I can only hope a more detailed Xplanation lay in the cut footage.

Hey, Saddy’s gettin uncut episodes.. I say we nag him about what we didn’t get to see!!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by X:
    Well, sir Aleck, this magic number of 59 minutes which I refer to was mentioned by Paul and Lex on that recent chat on SciFi and I have had reports from others as well. They specifically call refference to the episode “Fluff Daddy” when someone asks a question about censoring and editing and Paul and Lex mention that “Fluff Daddy” in particular was a 59 min episode. Odd because obvisously at least 10 or 15 minutes of it would be cut. I believe they further commneted by saying it will be fun to see what SciFi does with it. I’m sure someone has the chat transcript somewhere so I am open to correction. But some little blue birds were telling me about a send up regarding all the Kai droolers which was obvisously missing from the US version.

I’m not arguing that it wasn’t originally 59 minutes long, but a 59 minute long episode can’t be shown *anywhere* outside of pay TV. There has to be breaks for, if nothing else, station identification (if not PSAs), and anything added would run over the hour-long programming mark, which would make it impossible to schedule without editing. And, if they shipped a 59-minute episode to Sci Fi and said “here, just cut arbitrary chunks adding up to about 15 minutes out of this,” then I worry about their commitment to the quality of the series. The theory I’m postulating, based on the stuff I’ve seen, is that the episode ran long (this happens all the time in TV, and bits are usually cut out before a program is shown), and they cobbled together a 59-minute version to screen and decide what should get snipped and what should stay. This was whittled down to a 47-48 international broadcast master, and shipped out to the broadcasters. The “let’s see what Sci Fi does with this” bit was something I thought referred to the suggestive bits already left in, and were up to the network to cut or not depending on the Standards and Practices folks. What I’m saying is that I doubt that a 59-minute version was seen anywhere outside of an in-house work print, though I’m more than willing to eat my words if Sad proves me wrong.

–Aleck

Anonymous

Oh and eat you shall my friend. I forgot to mention that this was the same place they bring up that there will be plenty of Xtra footage for the DVDs. Guess I’ll have to track down that transcript. Of course, they could be full of it too.

I do understand your point which is entirely logical which is why I was surprised to hear it was 59 min long myself. Obvisously not all of it would be shown. They really should have devoted a whole episode to the living Kai. As much as I love Stan and Jeff I have to say that most of those scenes seemed like “fluff” themselves.

At any rate it should make for an Xellent DVD so get on the ball mister

DalekTek790
    Participant

I hear Dr. Rainbow’s back. Could someone elaborate?

sgtdraino
    Participant

From my impression watching the episode, Xev never actually got to perform the “act” with live Kai before she ate him. Dead Kai called live Kai Xev’s “mate” long before she would have gotten to perform any “act” with him.

My impression is that Xev had fixated on live Kai as her chosen mate, and waited for him to be ready for her has long as she could… but eventually could hold out no longer, and ate him.

Any geezer who’s nuts enough to drive staples into his feet to understand pain (?) is not going to be a pushover for Xev’s wants.

Speaking of which, I laughed and laughed at the pomposity of “The Actor.” What a fitting counterpart personality for Kai! Taking himself and his craft so seriously, to the point of ludicrousness.

It makes me wonder how close this personality would be to the actual character of Kai when he was alive on Brunnis 2. Who knows? We really only have small hints as to what Kai’s personality was like when he was alive.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by sgtdraino:
    From my impression watching the episode, Xev never actually got to perform the “act” with live Kai before she ate him. Dead Kai called live Kai Xev’s “mate” long before she would have gotten to perform any “act” with him.

My impression is that Xev had fixated on live Kai as her chosen mate, and waited for him to be ready for her has long as she could… but eventually could hold out no longer, and ate him.

Any geezer who’s nuts enough to drive staples into his feet to understand pain (?) is not going to be a pushover for Xev’s wants.

Speaking of which, I laughed and laughed at the pomposity of “The Actor.” What a fitting counterpart personality for Kai! Taking himself and his craft so seriously, to the point of ludicrousness.

It makes me wonder how close this personality would be to the actual character of Kai when he was alive on Brunnis 2. Who knows? We really only have small hints as to what Kai’s personality was like when he was alive.

He seemed like a bit of a rogue when his life was played out in Brigadoom, probably a real womaniser and a rebel, he seemed to be against the old laws of the Brunnen G.
    It reminded me of Angel, before Darla turned him into a vamp, Kai might have been the same reckless youth, always looking for a good time and an adventure.
    Squishy

Anonymous

Grrr….why must scifi always do this?They cut out the important parts!Oh well,I could always see the whole thing on DVD,amen to that!Anyways,I think Xev finally got tired of living Kai and left.He couldn’t take the heat so he made her mad and she ate him.Or,she could have mated with him and then ate him.
    Baby Squish!

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by sgtdraino:

Speaking of which, I laughed and laughed at the pomposity of “The Actor.” What a fitting counterpart personality for Kai! It makes me wonder how close this personality would be to the actual character of Kai when he was alive on Brunnis 2.

yup sgt draino, i had mentioned before in one of these discussions about brigadoom that i thought kai in youth and alive must have been one of those really annoying zealots/angry young men…but of course i am a cynical old geezerette…at any rate, my laughing at live kai the pretentious acTOR held a bit of ‘i bet live kai was a real pain in the patootie on brunnis g’…but as i say, i am a cynical old geezerette, and live kai from brunnis at least fought and died for his convictions, so can be forgiven some of his pomposity

Anonymous

Having just saw Brigadoom for the first time, I guess that was how Kai was on Brunnis, but he really did’nt have much more passion then dead Kai…I mean he did’nt kiss his girlfriend once. Of course since it was set like an opera it really did’nt happen exactly that way, I mean they all did’nt go around singing so maybe when they were actually living it, he smooched on her then….

I hate good-looking, desirable guys who are aloof….I dated a guy like that once, he was so distant and it was like kissing your brother, (although I would’nt know what that was like) Anyhow, turns out he was gay, and gave me the old “if there was any woman, it would certainly be you” speech…God, I hated that speech! We had alot in common, though, one thing being we both liked men!!!
    Through our years of friendship we have often laughed about it!!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    I hear Dr. Rainbow’s back. Could someone elaborate?

Oh, Dr. Rainbow’s back has been making an awful racket, clanking and banging all night long. Been yelling at him to keep it down, but it doesn’t do any good.

–Aleck

Anonymous

Yes!! Yes!! To sgtdraino you listen!!

*swats away the little bluebirds

I think the joke was that the real Kai was just as unresponsive as dead Kai. I loved it!!

Sorry to hear that, NB1, sounds like you guys had a lot more “in common” than you thought

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:

yup sgt draino, i had mentioned before in one of these discussions about brigadoom that i thought kai in youth and alive must have been one of those really annoying zealots/angry young men…but of course i am a cynical old geezerette…at any rate, my laughing at live kai the pretentious acTOR held a bit of ‘i bet live kai was a real pain in the patootie on brunnis g’…but as i say, i am a cynical old geezerette, and live kai from brunnis at least fought and died for his convictions, so can be forgiven some of his pomposity

Watching “The Actor” Kai I also thought – alive or dead, Kai’s a contrary s.o.b., ain’t he?! Whatever somebody wants of him – he “don’t do” that. Xev shoulda shagged him silly before she ate him.

trillian
    Participant

I just saw this episode for the first time yesterday.

My hubby sat watching, and boy did I get a giggle. He kept saying “God, I hope she eats him.”
    “EAT HIM ALREADY!” and once more “When is she gonna eat him?”

And finally she did, gah. Pretty gruesome guys! *stomach slightly turns* Talk about “left overs” ewww.

I did get a sense of some of the story missing. If I hadn’t had any spoilers, I think I would’ve missed the audience’s reason for not being there and the meaning of the bloody doll Xev held. It seemed like they almost packed two eps into one. Just an opinion.

I think Xev did mate with the actor Kai. And if she didn’t actually ‘mate’ then I would bet she came close! *shudder*

Anonymous

Hmm.. Brunnen G Kai.. Divine Assasin Kai.. Living Kai…

DEAD MEAT in all 3 incarnations!!! WHOO!!!

FX
    Participant

quote:

Watching “The Actor” Kai I also thought – alive or dead, Kai’s a contrary s.o.b., ain’t he?! Whatever somebody wants of him – he “don’t do” that. Xev shoulda shagged him silly before she ate him.

lol! oh aurora, you are not only a geezerette, you are a wench after my own heart can you shag someone silly? aren’t they usually silly to start with?

[ 26-09-2001: Message edited by: FX ]

DalekTek790
    Participant

Aleck-Dr. Rainbow was the sadistic surgeon who tried to emasculate Stan in Tunnels. I heard he was going to be reincarnated as a filmmaker in Fluffdaddy. I missed the episode, and I was wondering if that actually happened and what the his new form was like.

Elmey-Don’t forget Eating Pattern. Such sweet shapes!

Sgt. Draino, N.B.-1, Squish-In his life, Kai was noble, wise, virtuous, and moral. I don’t find his behavior in Brigadoom to be at all unusual.

Anonymous

quote:

Elmey-Don’t forget Eating Pattern. Such sweet shapes!

Yer right–how could I forget……too much pattern all around. Now I’m getting phobic!
    elmey

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:
    lol! oh aurora, you are not only a geezerette, you are a wench after my own heart can you shag someone silly? aren’t they usually silly to start with?

[ 26-09-2001: Message edited by: FX ]

What are you insuinating? That my men must be silly? Well — you’re right! A healthy bit of irreverence and humor is a must-have.

Wenches Unite! Skanks are welcome too.

But to answer your question – can you shag someone silly? Yes! Ya shag ’em til their eyes roll back and they forget how to talk. There’s usually a bit of drool, too. The fruit girls on Boomtown almost had Stan there, didn’t they?

FX
    Participant

quote:

Wenches Unite! Skanks are welcome too.

But to answer your question – can you shag someone silly? Yes! Ya shag ’em til their eyes roll back and they forget how to talk. There’s usually a bit of drool, too.

nope, didn’t mean yours were silly …just your description sounds like what they always look like when they’re shagged

Anonymous

quote:

Aleck-Dr. Rainbow was the sadistic surgeon who tried to emasculate Stan in Tunnels. I heard he was going to be reincarnated as a filmmaker in Fluffdaddy. I missed the episode, and I was wondering if that actually happened and what the his new form was like.

Yes and No. I don’t think it’s supposed to be Dr. Rainbow. Whoever told you that must not know who Lex Gigerof is. As I’m sure you know, he played Dr. Rainbow in Season 3, he also plays the Porno Dirctor in this episode and Jeffrey Hirschfiled (790) plays a porn star named “Dick Dongler”. Hope that answers your question.

DalekTek790
    Participant

Thanks, X. Yeah, I knew the doc was Lex. Are you sure the director wasn’t the same guy? Both professions seem to be in the same “area.”

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.