Forum Problems

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

We are currently experiencing some difficulties with the forums.
    Until this can be resolved new topics cannot be created and you will likely experience errors such as timeouts on posting, multiple posts and page errors. The forum indexes are also not being updated so the only way to tell if a topic has new replies is to check manually. Please accept our apologies for this interruption in service.

Your prodigal admin, Cat

Anonymous
    Inactive

The forums should now be working correctly, although the fix is temporarily at the moment and some moderators may find that they have temporarily lost their permissions, again my apologies for this.

kokopelli
    Participant

Hi Cat!
    The forum index on a thread in the General TV Forum was not working properly last weekend.
    I ended up replicating my post and then deleting it just to update the thread index as to who last posted.
    The thread about hiding behind the couch….

kokopelli
    Participant

Hola Catperson!

I have a new thread in “The Prisoner” forum , but it is invisible. I can find it on search function but it does not up on the forum index.

Is in in queue or lost in space?

kokopelli
    Participant
    kokopelli wrote:

Hola Catperson!

I have a new thread in “The Prisoner” forum , but it is invisible. I can find it on search function but it does not up on the forum index.

Hey!
    It seems nobody is maintaining this site. I suppose it might decay even further. I still have a thread in the prisoner forum and it is invisible. An no one had replied to my inquiry.

Well, regardless that I like posting here, I guess there is no choice but to restrict posting.. No point posting if no one can see it. “In sadgeezer no one can hear you scream”.
    .. heee hee.. paraphrase..

I will check back every few months to see if there is any change.

Headgehog
    Participant
    kokopelli wrote:

Hola Catperson!

I’m not sure what is causing that problem. It is appearing fine on the new posts list onthe main page, but it’s oddly enough not being listed on the threads list in that forum. Moving the thread from one forum to another didn’t help. I tried to recreate the problem, but everything worked fine for me. Later today I can try to create the thread so that it will appear.

kokopelli
    Participant
    Headgehog wrote:

kokopelli wrote:

Hola Catperson!

I’m not sure what is causing that problem. It is appearing fine on the new posts list onthe main page, but it’s oddly enough not being listed on the threads list in that forum. Moving the thread from one forum to another didn’t help. I tried to recreate the problem, but everything worked fine for me. Later today I can try to create the thread so that it will appear.[/quote]

Hey! Someone can hear me. thanks.

Yes, anther problem is that the indexes for the individual forums seem to be working erratically. For eample I posted to a thread in the General forum and it did not show up. I modified the post and it still did not show up. Finally the next day, I deleted the post and reposted a copy. That time finally iti showed up on the index.
    I know the posts show up on the main page index of latest posts but not everyone uses that page. Also as new posts push the old post listings off that page then the post and thread become invisible.
    It’s discouraging to post anything if it can’t be seen.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a Merry Holidays Too!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.