Funny Election Stuff

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub Funny Election Stuff

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    theFrey
    Participant

I got a flyer in the mail today from a t-shirt company tigereyedesign.com offering me all, and I do mean all kinds of election stuff. Any how, the Bush stuff has slowed down to a trickle and now I am getting a bunch of adverts from people selling Kerry stuff.

I guess the Bush camp has stuck my household off the list since I used their campaign donation request, postage paid, return envelopes to send him nasty notes. 😉

Anyhoo this is some of the stuff listed, it was not from the Kerry camp, but from vendors. werid yes?

Are they also targeting Bushies with Bush crap?

Stuff Available

Bumper Stickers

I didn’t vote for a son of a Bush

No Child left a Dime – GW Bush

Buttons

Read Bush’s lips – No New Jobs

No one Died when Clinton Lied

W sure doesn’t stand for Working Women

Drop Bush not Bombs

Anonymous

Frey!! A Texan against Bush, I thought that was blasphemy? You’re all supposed to wear cowboy boots, silver six-shooters, and refer to your state as “Bush Country”! 😛 I’m teasing.

But I do find it extraordinary that so many people are against Bush but they just can’t unite behind Kerry (myself included). I would’ve liked to see him get McCain just to guarentee Bush’s downfall but alas that doesn’t seem to be the case.

What a strange election this is going to be. My heart and mind wants me to write-in:

“I don’t want Kerry. But I really don’t want Bush. Can I vote for Clinton again, please???”

theFrey
    Participant

Tell me about it. Ah well. Truthfully? I want Ross. 😀 *hides*

I have always thought that primary campaigns should have a spot to check for “I hate them all find someone else to run” I dare say both parties would have more than a few favorite upsets that way. ;D Think Richard Pryor and his “None of the above” campaign. ;D

But we are stuck with voting to continue down the somewhat thorny primrose path with the Bushly one, or trying something new with an unknown Kerry.

One thing that has been pointed out to me though, Kerry may not have the charisma of a Clinton, but he is willing to change course when proven wrong. While there are some people who like a man who sticks to his guns even when they are pointed at him, I am not one of them.

Me? I like a guy who can say….. whooo wait a minute…. you mean there are NO weapons of Mass destruction? Hummm, well then maybe we should just continue to devote our full attention to Afghanistan. Yes, yes, I know he said mean nasty things about my daddy… but this is good. Now we can devote our full energies to making sure that Afghanistan becomes a shining beacon of democracy in Middle East.

pet
    Participant

The problem is that the people who are smart enough to run the country are generally too smart to run for office.

I never vote for anybody, so it makes no difference which candidate I support, because I don’t support any of them. I always vote against the person most interested in invading my Privacy, whether its my health records, personal opinions, or what I’m allowed to read.

But this year since nearly everyone I know has been laid off, (including Mr. Pet and me, but mine’s recall so not so bad) I’ll feel obligated to vote against the people most interested in paying companies to send skilled labor overseas.

Luckily both issues seem to line up perfectly.

theFrey
    Participant

Yep, and holds classes on how to get a tax break while doing it. 😛

http://www.tigereyedesign.com/Antibush.shtml

I also liked the one that said “putting the DUH in W”

pet
    Participant

Hee! I found something similar but much larger in scope recently. If you search for “idiot” at cafeshops, you end up here:

A Rose is a Rose /Anti-Bush Gear Headquarters

(This store also has Republicans against Bush gear, and they appear to take requests.)

Edit: Sorry! I didn’t copy all of the search link. The URL has been fixed.

theFrey
    Participant

Earlier this month, the Bush/Cheney campaign featured a tool on their website that allowed ordinary citizens—like you and I!—to add inspirational messages and slogans to a Bush/Cheney campaign poster template. It was a beautiful thing to hear the collective voice of the people; it was like seeing a hundred flowers bloom.

For some mysterious and unknown reason, though, the website recently pulled the ability to create one’s own campaign slogans. Possibly when the anti-Bush slogans began out numbering the Pro-Bush stuff.

Apparently, several forums and blogs were having contests. Plus many people were printing out the Anti-Bush posters were being printed and posted in campus’ and at work.

But honestly…. what were they thinking in Bush central…. it was just too much to resist!

Bush-Cheney 04. Compassionate Colonialism

Bush-Cheney 04. No More Foreign Oil. It’s All Ours.

Bush Cheney 04. Don’t Change Tyrants Midstream

Bush 2004 – Draft 2005

Clinton Help Us

Four More Wars?

One Nation Under Fraud

What Would Jenna Drink

Hummm, some of them are getting a bit rude.

F**K BUSH AND THE DICK HE RODE IN ON

JESUS FORGIVES BUSH, BUT HE’D NEVER VOTE FOR THE DUMBASS.

Kerry 04 – At least he’s not Bush

pet
    Participant

Sorry I messed up the link above. It has been fixed. They would make great avatars, I think!

Anyway, I’m rather fond of:

I’ve had it with Bush, now I want it without.

The truth? Never touch the stuff.

Dangerous as Death, Dumb as a Doorknob

Hail to the Thief

And Bush quotes like:

There ought to be limits on freedom. ❗

Who cares what you think?

And this classic which used to refer to someone else (didn’t it?), but I saw recenty on an A-GWB button:

I wouldn’t piss down his throat if his heart was on fire.

Pet

theFrey
    Participant

Oh goodie. Those nice Bush people sent me another postage paid envelope and a picture of George and Mrs George to write on. I decide to do little speech bubbles on this one.

George- Well dear, I never did find those WMD in Iraq.

Mrs. George – Did you have them check the sofa cushions dear, that is where most lost items end up.

I know, not too funny, but I wanted to change up a bit from the last time I sent them one. But this was sent to me and it is a bit funnier. It is by Humorist Andy Borowitz, a published not-true-but-funny satiric news report:

INSPIRED BY IRAQI HANDOVER, BUSH HOLDS U.S. ELECTION FOUR MONTHS EARLY

Element of Surprise Cited As Bush Romps to Victory

Inspired by the early handover of sovereignty in Iraq, President George W. Bush employed the element of surprise once more last night, holding the U.S. presidential election four months early.

The election, about which only top Bush administration officials were notified, went exceedingly well for the president, who carried all fifty states and garnered approximately one hundred percent of the vote.

Mr. Bush’s victory speech, which he had originally scheduled for eleven P.M. last night, was at the last minute rescheduled to nine P.M., once again capitalizing on the element of surprise.

In his speech, Mr. Bush admitted that he might have had a more difficult time getting reelected if the American people had actually been notified about the time and date of the voting, but added, “A win’s a win, right?”

Mr. Bush’s second inauguration is slated to take place on January 20, 2005, but administration officials acknowledged that it could happen “at any time.”

“For all I know it has already happened,” one aide said.

While the stealth presidential election seems to have cemented the Bush administration’s reputation for secrecy, one aide said that some secrets were harder to keep than others: “For example, everyone knows how Paul Wolfowitz gets his hair to look so great.”

White House officials praised the performance of the controversial new Diebold electronic voting machines, which successfully tabulated final results from Florida before a single vote was cast.

baconz
    Participant

Speaking of candidates, this animation is all the rage right now. If you haven’t seen it: http://images.shockwave.com/afassets/flash/this_land.swf

pass it on, too

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.