Fusion

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    corvina
    Participant

In the midst of bombings anf police shootings that make up life in the UK the Beeb recently reported, quite quietly with out any fuss or fanfare that:

the French are to build the worlds first prototype fusion reactor somewhere in Provence!

Headgehog
    Participant

I know, isn’t it great. Now that the Bush administration has withdrawn its pretty grievance abot ITER’s location (Bush was bitter about France’s stane on Iraq), we are that much closer to worldwide energy independence.

And fusion reactors can’t explode/meltdown the same way fission nukes can. They’re actually very safe, aside from the local (in the reactor room) radaition and heat.

theFrey
    Participant

Just a few minor things hey Headge. ๐Ÿ˜€

I my self am waiting for the fuel cell generators to run your entire house. They *were* suppose to be out in the general market a few years ago, and then they just ….dis a peared! Gone. Nad-da, no mention of then anywhere.

Hummm, do you figure they bought out the inventor and the device is currently sitting in a crate beside the Ark of the Covenant, or did the head of a family pet end up in someones bed? Whatda ya think?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.