Garden!!!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    crusader
    Participant

Is the name fore the episode “Garden” or “Garden City”?

I came acrose both!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

I think it is called Garden as that is the city name on Water, like Boomtown, K-Town, etc. It is an odd ep.

Anonymous

Garden City(NY) is where the Roosevelt Field Mall is located. “Garden” is where we’ll be located in the next episode.

——————
    “Time begins then time ends, and then time begins once again.”

crusader
    Participant

I saw “Garden” yesterday and on the box fore the tape it says “Garden” but on the nametag on the tape it says “Garden city”!!! Strange, huh!!!

What an wierd episodes!!!
    I liked the soft horn music!!! It was great!!! But the episode was not that great!!! Long minutes where nothing hapend!!!

I gota ask: Is Kai RELLY that stupid?

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by crusader:
    I saw “Garden” yesterday and on the box fore the tape it says “Garden” but on the nametag on the tape it says “Garden city”!!! Strange, huh!!!

What an wierd episodes!!!
    I liked the soft horn music!!! It was great!!! But the episode was not that great!!! Long minutes where nothing hapend!!!

I gota ask: Is Kai RELLY that stupid?

all right crusader! those of us who have not seen garden will be able to debate that point with you next monday! in the meantime stop smirking regards garden and garden city, i had a similar experience in the wilds of new jersey this weekend…my lexx buddy and i decided to do some outlet shopping and after a hard day of conspicuous consumerism ( for him, i couldn’t find anything except fleecelined moccasins to comfort me for the next three months!) we decided to go to red lobster, in Union…my friend decided we were going to union city, so one hour later as the sleet was coming down we realized we really should have been in union…oh well, no suburban pig fests that night! this is why my name should be blackcloud!

crusader
    Participant

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

all right crusader! those of us who have not seen garden will be able to debate that point with you next monday!

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

Thats way I dident say what hapens in that episodes!!! I dont whant to spoil things fore them how hasent sean it, yet!!!

I mean I knowe that Xev was Prince bekos somebody posted that in a nother convertation and knowing whats about to heppen is not so fun!!!

I hope you dident think that I tried to spoil anything bekos I didenty!!! I was werry thurel not to say what hapens, only what I thought about the episode!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

I hope you dident think that I tried to spoil anything bekos I didenty!!! I was werry thurel not to say what hapens, only what I thought about the episode!!!

[/B][/QUOTE]

crusader you are cute! i know you weren’t trying to spoil it for us, i just was teasing you!you go right on telling us what you think because we like hearing from you, love fx

crusader
    Participant

Hehe, thanks!!! That means alout!!! (Soon youl tel me that Im one of the girls )

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

Garden is a really odd episode. I’m curious to find out what others think about it Monday. Battle and Girltown are also rather strange. Certain scenes in them have a habit of slithering up my spinal column and teasing the gray cells of my tired brain.

crusader
    Participant

Well, I got the 3.10-3.13 episodes in the mail!!! And gues wath!!! Im broke! So now the last LEXX episodes fore series 3 is laing at the postoffic!!! And itl have to stay there atlist fore 3 weeks!!! So close but still so far away!!! Sometimes life desides to have its fun at your expence!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

[ Sometimes life desides to have its fun at your expence!!!

[/B][/QUOTE]

too true, but anticipation holds its own delights as well

DalekTek790
    Participant

Garden is a really odd episode. I’m curious to find out what others think about it Monday. Battle and Girltown are also rather strange.

[/B][/QUOTE]

I don’t understand how those could possibly be stranger than “K-Town.”

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous

Garden, Girltown and Battle are absolutely unique and strange in “a different way” than The Key. Upon having watched them, I find myself wondering at the twists and turns in the gray matter of our intrepid originators of our fave series. Freud and Jung would likely go to war over the assorted interpretations. Dr. Ruth would be semi speechless.

Anonymous

Hoooookay. Garden left me rattled. Poor Xev aimlessly wandering and tripping her brains out, Stan, with his smooth plant-lover Lyekka back, Kai in a bath of Spanish moss and Scarlet Macaw droppings… good grief.

I was very interested in the gardener. How in the world she had convinced Kai so easily to try decaying? He seems really put off. I can hear his thoughts – “Stan and Xev don’t need me anymore, so I might as well follow this sexless gal with soil under her fingernails and attempt oblivion by slowly rotting to death for the benefit of her garden.” Uh, is he getting desparate, or what?!

Xev’s box trip was disappointing; I was hoping for a longer explanation.
    Stan’s hopelessly inept at explaining anything, as usual. Frankly I would have taken that watering can, and shoved it into the labia-lip plant and said “See? Now WE will do it, just like that…”

Also, I noticed that the gardeners were eyeing ALL of the crew as possible fertilzer— And What was that glowing blue goo on those mushrooms?! I’d love to make up a batch of those for the next Lexx party I throw.
    MY husband has taken to being excited about watching this, he even shouted at the TV screen – (his desparation stems from viewing the death of Aerin Sun on Farscape) He practically stood up as he whined – “Please, oh please, find Xev, oh, god, find her you idiots!” I was tickled. I think he’s really starting to get attached to Lexx.
    Anybody got a blonde wig that I could borrow lying around? *hinthint!*

——————
    ~~~Rustam~~~ “Help me, Lexx is eating my brain!”~~~~

[This message has been edited by Rustam (edited 01-30-2001).]

Anonymous

Hello, I’m new to this board. I have to say I didn’t care too much for the Garden episode, though the setting was very pretty. It was very slow moving and kind of, well, pointless. And I must say right here, this is my own personal reaction to a cumulative effect, but I am really getting sort of fed up with the ever-horny Stan. I realize this is part of the charm of the show, and take into consideration which age and gender writes this stuff. But it’s a little maddening and distasteful to watch poor ol’ middle aged Stan run around every week, panting like a dog after anything vaguely female, like an overstimulated frat boy. Very immature, Stan is, I feel both pity and contempt for his obvious desperation!

Anonymous

I found Garden to be a visually attractive ep. The story itself is rather another story. I look at it as fodder and filler. Mostly, it looked like an exercise to bring back Lyekka. I was sorry she was originally killed off, but as we are discovering, dead doesn’t mean gone with Lexx. I too am becoming a bit tired of Stanley’s constant pursuit of a piece of a..!I am not saying turn him into some kind of hero, but sheese, leave off the pussy pursuit for awhile! I am still bothered by real Xev knowing what Prince Xev did while in her form. After all, Xev was on the planet the entire time Prince was on Lexx. I did like the scene when the gardner(don’t remember which one) told Kai they liked dead things. I particularly enjoyed the tenderness she exhibited with him when she was tucking the lock of hair behind his lovely ear. It seemed he had an especially sad, yet appreciative look on his face. Not a very good ep, but still enjoyable in many subtle ways.

[This message has been edited by nwmonikr (edited 01-30-2001).]

[This message has been edited by nwmonikr (edited 01-30-2001).]

DalekTek790
    Participant

“Garden” was good, but not great. This season has all been so-so episodes, no really good ones, no really bad ones.

The artistic designs for Garden were wonderful. I thought it was an interesting premise, but the Garden idea wasn’t expanded on much, instead it just turned into a lame vehicle for bringing back Lyekka. Episodes of “Lexx” often start out promising, then degenerate into another sex-romp with Stan trying to “get some.”

I liked the gardeners, though. It’s refreshing to finally get some female characters that aren’t sluts or cannibals. But they weren’t developed and came across as one-dimensional. Stanley, Zev, and Kai all seem out of character. Stan seems willing to let the Lexx crash and stay on Water, and choses to have Lyekka brought back, not considering the consequences, then doesn’t seem to hold the gardeners’ lives at any value as long as the plant girl lives. Zev seems to just wander around then act Prince-ishly evil and mutinous. that Kai thing was just stupid, I think the writers just couldn’t think of anything for him to do, so wrote that in.

It is nice to see Lyekka back, but I wanted the old Lyekka (I never believed she really died in “The End of the Universe”), not just another Trin taking the form of Stanley’s dream girl. How did those gardeners get ahold of that seed, anyway? Is this going to be explained, or abandoned like so many other “Lexx” loose ends?

I seems to me like a lot of old actors are reappearing this season (some of whose characters are already dead!). The writers need to get more original ideas.

Nothing gets resolved, and Prince doesn’t even appear (unless that parrot was him shapeshifting again). The episode could have been so much more, but in the end it was a mediocre half-story in the spirit of “Tunnels.”

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous

I’ve gotta agree with nwmoniker on the whole Xev knowing what happened while Prince was on the Lexx. She wasn’t dead and resurrected, nor was she possessed by him. If she’d been possessed, it would make more sense, but just knowing it kind of tweeked me off. They need to explain HOW she knew, for those of us who can’t stand the whole “she just did” thing. Bleah… ah well. Am looking forward to next week’s ep all the same .

——————
    ~*~I’d like to change
    your mind by hitting it
    with a rock~*~ They Might
    Be Gia

Anonymous

hi guys (sheepish look) i fell asleep during lexx last night and when i woke up i thought i was in the poppy field scene from the wizard of oz…today i watched the whole episode and i could only think of the star trek eppy where they are on the planet (eden?) and everyone keeps getting squirted by the flowers and subsequently wanders around with stupid grins on their faces…obviously i am still feeling peevish…this was filler guys…okay, i’ll try to play devil’s advocate and say that kai is just trying to go ahead and die already , i mean he is certainly entitled to some peace and quiet but i hope he goes a bit more spectacularly when he does finally earn his eternal reward…yeah, i think xev knowing what happened in the prince/xev is a loose end (as i said, i am feeling peevish and inclined to demand some sort of adherence to detail and plausibility) and stan , well he is just stan/lex/paul/jeff, and he certainly is a master at being revolting when he’s trying to get some (god that lip smacking and puckered up mouth just goes right through my spine and explodes in the reptilian part of my brain) as for lyekka, i decided she is just another prince incarnation, this time to keep everyone derailed while the invasion of water begins, i guess we will see….later, when i am in a better mood i hope

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.