Geek Depression

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    theFrey
    Participant

http://www.innergeek.us

34.714% – Total Geek

What!!!!!
    I don’t understand…. not only do I worship at the altar of technology… but I have been doing so since early 82! I tithe more than 10% of my wages to the techno gods. I am a faithful handmaiden of the electronic deities.

I introduced theBrother to D&D and Role playing over 25 years ago, sucked in all of his friends and helped him run a gaming shop. I can bootleg Citadel miniatures for heavens sake, even the plastic ones!

Not only have I been a member of the SCA, but I have an AOA, the last device approved with a dragon on it and held office! I was a herald for crying out loud.

I should have cheated. *sob*

+ Geekish Tendencies………………..>09%
    ++ Geek………………………………………>15%
    +++ Total Geek………………………………..>25%
    ++++ Major Geek……………………………….>35%
    +++++ Super Geek………………………………>45%
    ++++++ Extreme Geek……………………………>55%
    +++++++ Geek God…………………………………>65%
    +++++++! Dysfunctional Geek…………………….>75%

aquabloodstone
    Participant

33.331% – Total Geek

Not too far off of you, thefrey, and I don’t have anywhere near your impressive geek credentials! ๐Ÿ˜‰

My guess is that some geek along the line dropped the ball; they’re not very good with sports, you know (groans all around, I know).

Headgehog
    Participant

Ha! Beat you both: 47.53452% Super Geek. Now if this a good thing is another matter.

Must’ve gotten bonue points for being able to honestly say that I’ve designed and built a nuclear device 8)

Tiefling
    Participant

Gah! That site! My EYES!

I got… 36.29191%

Major Geek…uh…so…yeh…

Anonymous

i only got 27.21893%. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ok, i admit i know very little about computers, etc, etc…. unfortunately, there was no questions like:
    do you collect dragons?
    do you own a massive Star trek t-shirt collection?
    do you own a Locutus of Borg porcelain bust?
    do you own script books for Star Trek TV series?
    do you write original science fiction?
    and, of course, there’s plenty of other stuff……
    does that make me a geek, or just plain sad????

theFrey
    Participant

Well we are all Glad to be Sad. ๐Ÿ˜€

lexxrobotech
    Participant

bah!

Im not a geek.

It just so happens that I, and some of my like-minded friends, are not part of the human race.

MuadDib
    Participant

YES! 58.57988% Extreme geek! I rock!

๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

Sidhecafe
    Participant

Whoa…

geek envy…..so why do you suppose you check 5 boxes just for being a female of the species anyway???

Though I’m game to say we are from another planet.

MuadDib
    Participant

As User Friendly once put it: “A female who groks UNIX, my world is collapsing!” ๐Ÿ˜€

fluffy bunny
    Participant

28.4023% -Total geek

Huh?

I know I’ve not kept up with this geek thing for a few years but I still thought I’d be higher than that

theFrey
    Participant

I suggest we put out a hit on both Headge and MuadDib. Won’t improve our scores any, but it would make us feel better. ๐Ÿ˜›

Oh, and for gloating…. perhaps a kneekapping is in order before Muad meets that great geek in the sky. ๐Ÿ˜€

What do ya think ?

fluffy bunny
    Participant

Sounds like a plan, but given the nature of the test I’m not sure if they’ll miss their knees.

Just taking out their televisions should be enough ๐Ÿ˜›

Headgehog
    Participant
    ”fluffy wrote:

Just taking out their televisions should be enough ๐Ÿ˜›

Now that’s just downright evil. But at least you’ll leave the computer alone.

theFrey
    Participant

Well heck. I took this again, and this time came in just over, rather than just under Major Geek. But I also now understand why I am not scoring in the techo-geek-god range.

Age Discrimination!! Yes, that is it. Most of the questions are present tense. Do I own….. no, not now, but I did. Do you do…. again not now, but I did!

I spit upon this test! I have been there, done that, and moved into new forms of geek-dom that have not yet been recognized as geek traits. ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜›

MuadDib
    Participant

You’re all going to hate me even more, I retook the test and got:

73.9654% – Geek God.

Now kneel before your God and worship!

๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

theFrey
    Participant

Ah, I’ll live I guess. I shall just have to quietly savor my role as the early adopter for my little part of the universe and take comfort in the fine relationship I have with the Techno-Gods.

but… but… if the wording of the questions had been changed to ‘have you ever’…… ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜‰

mysteriesofthesea
    Participant

I am only 24% geek!

Sidhecafe
    Participant

31.75542% Total Geek

not a Geek Goddess, but me and my faerie coffee are still enjoying my morning.

Jhevz
    Participant

Hi Fellow Sci-Fi Fans,
    I’m definitely 95-100% Geek; I’m on the computer a lot; both in the morning (or whenever I’m awake) & at night untill midnight; since I use the family’s computer in my mom’s room, we have a mutual understanding that I can have the computer till midnight, then I have to turn it off. It’s fine since, I’m online every other day or every 3rd when I’m at work; plus, it gives me time to do other things, offline. I also like chatting online, posting on boards, posting Bulletins on Myspace, playing Spider Solitare, working on my web sites & a whole lot more; & I’m having fun in the process.

Happy 2005,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

iStan
    Participant

Total Geek (29%). How disappointing. I was sure that I could do better than that.

MuadDib
    Participant
    Jhevz wrote:

I’m definitely 95-100% Geek

I commend you for embracing your inner geek, we are Geeks; Resistance is Futile! Your biological and technological…on second thoughts given the usual geek shape we’ll just take your technology ๐Ÿ˜€

Barabbas
    Participant

32.74162% First try… Let me graduate from DeVry and I’ll take it again.

TranceGemini613
    Participant

60.17759% geeky…wow…I feel like I’ve reached the pinnacle of my existence.

How sad is that??!!

I like meeting people online…

Ya know what’s really scary? I’m only 21, and female…it really turns heads when I say “D-10” or “Ephraim Cochrane”…yay?

::Starts chant:: Go geeks go geeks go geeks go geeks!!!…

kokopelli
    Participant

If anyone answered all those questions then they must be a geek.

The list was waaaayyy to long for a non-geek like me to answer.

I DO admit to taking apart every electronic and electrical piece of equipment I own. But they needed looking at.
    That does NOT make me a geek.

I do admit to falling asleep in uni with my programming books open and waking up 3 hours later to toss off my running shoes (because they hurt) and then falling back asleep still in my clothes.

I do admit to prefer working overtime on juicy projects than go out on dates.

I do admit to helping more than half my class pass their exams.
    I admit to always carrying a Sharp-506P in my pocket.

I admit to many things but a geek I am not.
    I will not go to Geeks Anonymous.
    I refuse to discuss it anymore.

ohhh trance…that’s really scary.
    You actually completed the test??!!!
    Get help!!!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.