Gemini Awards voting open

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Gemini Awards voting open

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    theFrey
    Participant

Gemini Awards Voting Open – If you are from Canada, you can vote once a day per email for your favorite star… or Lexx star. Zentilli, Downey, Bennett and of course MMM twack are there. I don’t see Dubin though, I wonder why?

Here is hoping one of our Lexx peeps wins.

(You have to provide your email, so that if your using a non-canadian or non-hotmail/Yahoo acount you are SOL. But on the plus side there is also a contest, so you might win something.)

theFrey
    Participant

Oh, right… you want the link too don’t ya. http://www.geminiawards.ca/stars/geministarTemp.cfm

Anonymous

There are times when I love being Canadian, and this is one of them.

theFrey
    Participant

Did you see who was immediately ABOVE Ms. Zentilli? It was Janet Wright who played President Priest’s first wife.

Ha!

Anonymous

Ryan Cooley who plays Digby (the homicidal kid) is in there too–for another show. Is every actor in Canada on the list?

elmey

Anonymous

Well, yeah. We have a pretty small gene pool to work with up here. At last count, there were what, about 30 Canadian actors in total? You are bound to see some familiar faces with those numbers!

Camelyn

theFrey
    Participant

*theFrey edges away from Camelyn…. hummm, this ought to be out of lighting strike range.*

Anonymous

Do they mean hottest as in “hot” or hottest as in “best”?

The former would have to be Lexa Doig for me. The latter.. hmm…

Flamegrape
    Participant

I don’t get it. Why isn’t Xenia Seeberg in the list? It seems strange that Bunny would be a choice and not Xev. Is there something I’m missing?

theFrey
    Participant

It is for Canadian actors. Ms. Seeburg worked in Canada, but since she was not born there or a naturlized as a Canadian citizen, I guess she isn’t eligble.

Flamegrape
    Participant

But I thought Nigel Bennet was from England? From what you said, that must mean that Nigel became a citizen of Canada.

theFrey
    Participant

All things are possible I suppose. I do not know this for a fact, but it would make sense. He has lived and worked there for forever.

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by thefrey:
    All things are possible I suppose. I do not know this for a fact, but it would make sense. He has lived and worked there for forever.

has quite a big ranch there in fact; dunno if it’s a working ranch or not but apparently he likes the rural life

Anonymous

Well, I just placed my first vote for McGarb, uh, I mean McManus, I wonder if he won if he would show up to claim it?

Did anybody consider entering the “Be a Gemini Star” contest??? I didn’t see where you had to be Canadian….You have to send a tape no longer than 3 minutes expressing why you wanted to attend and present an award….

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:
    I don’t get it. Why isn’t Xenia Seeberg in the list? It seems strange that Bunny would be a choice and not Xev. Is there something I’m missing?

Ellen Dubin isn’t on the list either, and she *is* Canadian. What’s up with that?

Anonymous

Remember, Ellen was a guest star, not a cast-member. The nominees for the viewers choice award are actors that have been nominated in the drama categories. I guess there isn’t one for guest stars, or Ellen didn’t make that.

Camelyn

PS I think Nigel is Canadian by marriage, if I recall correctly.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Camelyn:

PS I think Nigel is Canadian by marriage, if I recall correctly.

What! You can become Canadian just by marrying one? Time to get one of those bar hop cuties plastered, onto a flight to Vegas, and tie the knot [how far will you go to vote in the Gemini Awards? Hah!].

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.