generally gentelmen only !

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub generally gentelmen only !

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 22 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I have a problem. I need a new razor!
    At current I havea Gilette Mach3 but getting heads locally has become a right bitch. What do you use and would you rtecomend it to me? I want a good shave!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Godzilla:
    I have a problem. I need a new razor!
    At current I havea Gilette Mach3 but getting heads locally has become a right bitch. What do you use and would you rtecomend it to me? I want a good shave!

not sure if i can help with the razor heads, i saw a product test on a local consumer show, and the mach3 came out on top as the best shave.

But i did pick up a couple tips from friends and experience, since i have hair like 10 pound fishing line and keep slicing up my face. You might already know these.

First tip is to get some hot water on your face before you shave. Maybe soak a towel in hot water and then hold it on your face for a bit, or just splash the water on. Not sure how this helps but it does. Also i find it helps if you warm the razor too.

Another tip i find useful, especially for shaving gel, is after you apply the gel to your face, dip your hands in the hot water and mix it with the gel/cream you just applied. It makes for much less friction when you shave, i find just the gel/foam to not be enough.

Another tip, which is quite well known is to shave in the direction the hair grows. It helps to avoid in-grown hairs, which cause a lot of irritation later. The thing with this tip, is if you follow it, you definitely won’t have a close shave. I find it works on the sides of the face but not elsewhere.

Repeated strokes are most important for a close shave. Just gently keep going over the same area over and over. Apply more foam if you need.

A good tip i figured out myself for avoiding cuts and scrapes, and making the shave go more smoothly is to find yourself a good moisturizer (i suggest lubriderm) and apply it after your shave. I guess some guys may think that’s a little extreme, but i was getting really sick of driving to school with 2 sections of toilet paper stuck to my face.

Anyways, most of these tips are too avoid bleeding (and probably reveal more about than myself than i originally intended), but hopefully it’s of some use.

good luck.

bonnee
    Participant

Might cut things a bit fine though.

ME AND THE MRS

[ 08-04-2002: Message edited by: bonnee ]

Anonymous

I used a straight-edge for a while, but its too easy to miss spots.

Used Electric, again too easy to miss spots, and usually not a close nuff shave. In fact now that I think about it I hate electric.

So now Im back to disposables. Usually I do a fast shave in the shower (Have my face pretty much memorized) to avoid shaving cream, then finish up in the mirror if I skimped on a spot.

Anonymous

I hear what you’re all saying. I used to shave in the shower but the shave quality was way too irregular so I opted for electric but after using that I would always notice missed spots when I’m in the shower. Aftershave moisturisers are to die for, if they stoped producing them I’d grow a beard. I think I’m going to try out the Wilkinson Sword FX Diamond thingy or the Lynx one. Thanx for the tips bugblatterbeast, I always use piping hot water when I shave now. It’s much better !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.