Get Marcus back!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I recived this email today….

quote:

If your not already aware, JMS has gone into pre-production on a new B5 tele-movie entitled BABYLON5: LEGEND OF THE RANGERS, and has been quoted as saying:

“It’s set in the B5 universe just under 3 years after the events of “Objects at Rest.” At this point there’s one major character from the B5 universe in the script (a fan favourite)”.

To read the full story go to http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=8463
    With regards to the ‘fan favourite’ I would dearly like to see our beloved Marcus Cole taken out of cold storage for this project, and to this end have started a petition at: http://www.PetitionOnline.com/rmc1/%5B/url%5D

In order to get B5 fan support behind this, any support you could give through your site would be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks for your time.

Kind Regards
    Steven Frost / Glen Harding

Waddaya think? any Marcus fans out there?

——————

[This message has been edited by SadGeezer (edited March 26, 2001).]

DalekTek790
    Participant

I’m a Marcus fan! Now, I know people say it was noble and stuff, but I still think his death was poorly written. It would be good to see him back, but not possible if this is set after the series.

Something that came to mind-in Sleeping in Light (great ep!) Delenn said Lennier was dead. Now, I don’t think any episode dealt with that, and I know you don’t just kill a major character off-screen, so I was thinking maybe Babylon 5: The Legend of the Rangers would show the conflict that ended his life. Just a thought.

Man, all my favorite Babylon 5 characters keep getting killed off (yet Ivanova lives to a ripe old age)!

——————

I am Anla’Shok.

I can no more betray the Anla’Shok than my fingers can betray my hand.

[This message has been edited by DalekTek790 (edited May 10, 2001).]

Anonymous

when i read about that “fan favorite”, my first thought was “MARCUS!!!!!!”…but if it’s three years after the series’ end, isn’t he kind of…well…dead?(don’t hit me, fellow marcus fans!!)…sorry to have to be the depressingly realisitic one here…but i don’t think jms will just say “ok, marcus can come back to life!”…but maybe we’ll see him in flashbacks or something(please?)…and this movie could be a good opportunity to tell us what happened to poor lennier…

——————
    Gideon: I thought you said you don’t hold a grudge.
    Galen: I don’t. I have no living enemies. At all.

Anonymous

and yet… I just saw this. It seems that there will be a new series?!?! not just a film. Can anyone substantiate this (I got it from SciFi Guy’s newswire)

quote:

The Sci-fi Channel has confirmed the rumors
    and announced that “Babylon 5” will return in a new television movie. The film, titled “To Live and Die in Starlight,” is to be the pilot for a new series called “Babylon 5: The Legend of The Rangers.” In an Internet post, creator J. Michael Straczynski revealed that the film is set about three years after the events of “Objects at Rest.” There is one character from the B5 universe in the script, and it “is a little more skewed foward adventure with underlying drama.”

——————

Anonymous

…from what I heard, I think they’re considering a series but waiting if the movie gets good ratings…hope that helps, Sad.

——————
    Gideon: I thought you said you don’t hold a grudge.
    Galen: I don’t. I have no living enemies. At all.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Catalina:

…from what I heard, I think they’re considering a series but waiting if the movie gets good ratings…hope that helps, Sad.

Thanks!

I’ll wait and see if something else pops up on other newswires before reporting it I guess.

——————

Anonymous

Aaaarghhh!! That’s brilliant!!

Gah! Marcus is my favourite B5 character – I really hope the “fan favourite” is him! It seemed so unfair that he went and sacrificed his life for Ivanova (wah!), then she goes and smegs off somewhere else and it’s all in vain!

(yeah, I know she left the series, but I still think it could have been better handled)

Then again, there is that slight matter of Marcus being dead…

If not Marcus, Lennier would be pretty good also. I’d love to see his story resolved.

(falls over herself trying to click on the links Sad posted. Thanks!)

——————
    The dead…do not Macarena.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.