Giggorata

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    leila
    Participant

One of the most memorable characters on the show even though she dies in the second episode!

Questions I want to know:

*where does she come from? What planet? Is it a plannet of cannibal women? Is it ever mentioned?

*what is she? I mean that tongue looks vaguely like that of a divine executioner…. Surely she isn’t one gone AWOL?

*Does she have a PAST with Kai? In Supernova they seem pretty antagonistic – have they encountered each other before?

HELP!

Anonymous

In some other thread during Series 4, I thought Vlads tongue kind of looked like a rehash of Giggy myself. But ultimately I think the movies were meant to be even whackier than the TV series. But I still think she was a failed Executioner. The Brains knew her, Thodin seemed to know her, as did Kai.

I think her home planet is mentioned during the trial, but it escapes me at the moment. And if I remember right from the production notes, Giggy originally ate her husband (who she was forced to marry, and currently resides in her clothes) followed by several Clerics of the Divine Order.

I would love to hear more myself, someone’s gotta have a better memory than I do! ๐Ÿ˜•

ZevofB3K
    Participant

I’d like to think she’s a bit like Vlad in the Executioner sense, except that she didn’t want protoblood like Vlad did, and instead of the snake being in her chest, it was her tongue, or the back of her throat, it’s kinda hard to tell. Plus, you are right about Kai and Thodin knowing her. I could have sworn I’ve seen a promo pic somewhere with Giggy and Thodin standing together, and no, it was never any scene from the movie. Have any of you seen it?

Renee .S
    Participant

I know what picture you are talking about with Giggerota and Thodin standing together but I think it was a behind-the-scenes image because they were both posed with their arms around each other smiling (and I don’t remember Giggy smiling much unless she is laughing maniacally).

I never thought that Kai knew Giggy because when he was sent to kill those who stole the Lexx he grabs her by the neck and asks her if she is “Giggerota, also known as the Wicked” and she says “yeah”. And I never got the feeling that Thodin knew her either. She was about to be a donor to the protein bank when Thodin is helping his guys escape and I thought that Giggy basically said, hey help me too. I do think the Brains knew her but they had the memories of everyone they ever killed so they probably knew a lot of people.

n5 -kopele
    Participant

Giggarota’s planet is mentioned in 1.0 episode. She did eat her husband and more than 100 clerics. I don’t think she had anything to do with Vlad or divine executioners. She was a simple cannibal:) Kai knew her, probably because it was his mission to kill her, as a stealer of the Lexx, or maybe she has quite a fame as a criminal and cannibal, that even Kai knows of. The brains know her for the same reason. It was never mentioned in any episode, but that’s what I think. The tongue… I don’t know – a kind of mutation perhaps, who knows.
    What I want to say is, that she is my favorite character from Lexx. I especially like her sick laughter, it makes me laugh too:)

Anonymous
    n5 -kopele wrote:

What I want to say is, that she is my favorite character from Lexx. I especially like her sick laughter, it makes me laugh too:)

She’s certainly my favorite actress of the group, and very much one of my favorite characters. (Zev ranks up there pretty high with me too ๐Ÿ˜› )

Thanks for chiming in n5-koele, good to see you around

๐Ÿ˜€

leila
    Participant

I emailed Ellen Dubin with my Giggy questions and she was kind enough to reply ๐Ÿ˜€

So here’s what she had to say:

thanks for your questions. Here are my answers.

*where does Giggerota come from? What planet? Is it a plannet of
    cannibal women? Is it ever mentioned?

Giggerota as far as I remember from the first script is from Brunnen-g . She was arrested for eating clerics AND WAS SAVED BY THODIN IN THE FIRST EP /

*what is Giggerota? I mean that tongue looks vaguely like that of a
    divine executioner…. Surely she isn’t one gone AWOL?

Giggerota means liver eater. The tongue gives her more of the suggestion of having a huge appetite. The producers liked that as well as the sexual innuendo.

*Does Giggerota have a PAST with Kai? In Supernova they seem pretty
    antagonistic – have they encountered each other before?

Excellent question. Nope she just views him as another piece of meat “sleeping meat”.

I must say I’m surprised I was sure it mentioned her coming from some different planet…. ๐Ÿ™„

n5 -kopele
    Participant

Yeah, Zev is my facourite, but Giggy dollows immediately after her.
    About her planet – the judge in 1.0 mentiones it and I’m sure it wasn’t Brunnen-G or Brunnis 2. I’ll have to look that up.

LexxLurker, it’s good to be here too:)

leila
    Participant

I can’t actually make out what the judge says ๐Ÿ˜ณ in that scene.

cloaked
    Participant

Looks like gigoratta was confirmed to be from Boron 7 in the final script. There must have been some serious overhauling between the script Ellen was referring to and the final script. The Brunnen-G theme must have been completely different. Or 7 years could be long enough to forget things. ๐Ÿ˜‰

DEFENCE: My client – Giggerota the Wicked of Boron 7ย- is found guilty – is innocent of the charge of – cannibalism of men, women, children and clerics of 62 temples
    GIG: More like 162!
    DEFENCE: -and failing to perform her wifely duties, and throws herself upon the mercy of this court, secure in the knowledge that His Shadow’s wisdom will prevail upon these proceedings
    PROS: Thodin – planets – of the Ostral B pair
    JUDGE: Guilty!

trascript from the complete memory catacombs-
    http://filkingfairy.150m.com/catacomb.html

leila
    Participant

know what Cloaked you’re absolutely right! I’ve just played back my DVD and it does say Boron 7 ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Is the planet ever mentioned in the series again?

jodi
    Participant

Gonna do a picture of ‘Giggerota the Wicked’ that woman gives me the hots ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

jodi
    Participant

done it check out lexx museum or someone post it here 8)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.