Good News for Dragon Con!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    theFrey
    Participant

๐Ÿ™‚ What a great day to be a Lexx fan. Today I received in my hot little hand a signed copy of the double booth rental agreement. Yeah! 10′ x 20′ of Lexx Cast for us all to enjoy.

But better yet, I received confirmation from John Tackett, the Senior Director of Guest Services for Dragon*Con. They are very excited that the Lexx Cast will be in attendance and they know that they will be well received by the fans. He assures me that as soon as their bio’s are in hand they will be added to the online guest list and included in the program. (to make sure that the bio pic’s are of best quality they are being snail mailed by Mr. Lowe and should make it to the DC people next week.)

He also assured, me that they are already programming a couple of events in their main programming for the Lexx cast (He is also involved in the programming aspect of the con.) So yea for our stars and yea for us and yea for Lexx!

Finally, Mr. D who stays in touch with the rest of the cast, said that they thought the Lexx fans were amazing, and they feel so honored that we would go to this effort to get them to Dragon Con.

So way to go Lexxians! ๐Ÿ™‚

Meep
    Participant

Great, sounds like all the worry about the Dragoncon was needless!

mandara k
    Participant

But of course…. we rock we roll, we RULE; and dangit we are a blast to be around……

GO US!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

mandara k
    Participant

๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ˜ณ I mean go you Frey, and HDS, and Trini and Mothbreeder and Mr. Lowe. ( I didn’t do anything, i wrote a letter that’s all) You loverlies did all the hard stuff….

Thanks!

๐Ÿ™‚

theFrey
    Participant
    Meep wrote:

Great, sounds like all the worry about the Dragoncon was needless!

Oh, I don’t know. I have certainly been concerned the last few days. ๐Ÿ˜‰

But I have always found that if you give something your best shot, you will usually succeed. ๐Ÿ™‚ Of course, life does not always give you exactly what you want, but if you do not focus on the things that don’t go exactly your way, you can enjoy the stuff that does happen.

(Look Trini, another card shop motto to live by! lol)

theFrey
    Participant
    ”mandara wrote:

… ( I didn’t do anything, I wrote a letter that’s all) You loverlies did all the hard stuff….

No, it is Yea us! We all did it, when a few little things were being nailed down, it was mentioned that a lot of interest was expected from the Lexx community. Apparently one of the DC staffers laughed and said that they were quite aware of the intensity of interest and support that Lexx had in the fan community. So indeed, yea us!!

Anonymous

Ahh teamwork ๐Ÿ˜‰ “No single raindrop believes its is to blame for the flood’ ๐Ÿ˜‰

Jhevz
    Participant

Thanks Frey for the info,
    that was great info about our Lexx; & mandara k said it best, we do rock; our persistance paid off.
    Now I know I can’t wait till August, Atlanta & Dragon*Con; yahooooooooo, we’re gonna get Lexx guests.
    Thanks again Frey; I’ll see you at Dragon*Con in August.

Lexxians Unite,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous

Dragon Con has updated its confirmed, “official” guest list…and the names of Xenia, Brian, Jeff, and Louise have been added. Hopefully the others will soon follow! ๐Ÿ˜€
    Hope this helps to dissipate that annoying little cloud of doubt that ‘s been hanging around ๐Ÿ™„

Anonymous

Wow!

You guys are so cool!

I’m sure the Lexx stars are proud of you. I know I am! ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ve never actually heard of a fan orchestrated activity working out so well in LEXXdome – hell, for ANY sci fi con. You guys have done a fantastic job!!

theFrey
    Participant

Amazingly a lot of these are from stuff we suggested…. yeah us!!!

Lexx, Sci-Fi’s Red Headed Step Child?; It was always the most guilty of pleasures, but did Sci-Fi hinder the growth of the Lexx fan base with it’s insane scheduling and lack of promotion?; 1 Hour; 2 Microphones; 08/29/03; 4:00:00pm; Courtland

Lexx: The Blue Planet Tour; Dragon*Con Welcomes the crew of the Lexx, with a couple of friends from the Dark Zone; 1 Hour; 3 Microphones; Brian Downey, Ellen Dublin, Jeffry Hirschfield, Xenia Seeberg, Louise Wischermann; 08/30/03; 1:00:00pm; Regency 6 & 7; (They left off Pat Z, so I emailed them about it)

Lovely But Lethal: The Women of Lexx; A cannibal, a carnivorous plant and a cluster lizard in a meeting room… with you. Hmmm, maybe we should have scheduled this after lunch? ; 1 Hour; 3 Microphones; Ellen Dublin, Xenia Seeberg, Louise Wischermann; 08/31/03; 1:00:00pm; Centennial I;

Brigadoom!; Join us for a Rocky Horror style rendition of Lexx’s unique musical episode.; 1 Hour; 2 Microphones, Video Projector; 08/31/03; 10:00:00pm; Courtland;

To Kai or Not To Kai; A tribute to everyone’s favorite undead assassin. Given Michael McManus decision to leave would a fifth season have worked without him? ;1 Hour; 2 Microphones; 09/01/3; 2:30:00pm; Courtland

As Trini has pointed out there is no Valdron yet, but I have spoken with them about making him a panelist. ๐Ÿ™‚ I am sure we can work something out. In fact Trini has an idea on the topic…. most interesting. Must consider it. ๐Ÿ˜€

theFrey
    Participant

Oh yeah…. the break down…

SG! – 5 Tracks
    B5 – 5 tracks
    Lexx – 5 tracks
    Farscape – 7 Tracks
    and a lot of single track stuff.

Anonymous
    theFrey wrote:

As Trini has pointed out there is no Valdron yet, but I have spoken with them about making him a panelist. ๐Ÿ™‚ I am sure we can work something out. In fact Trini has an idea on the topic…. most interesting. Must consider it. ๐Ÿ˜€

That would be cool. Valdron is one of THE unsung heros of LEXX fandom and the most amazingly knowledgable geezer on LEXX I’ve seen!

Jhevz
    Participant

Frey,
    This yr’s Dragon*Con will be the best ever, especially since we’re gonna have a lot of the Lexx cast there; I’m getting more & more excited about going there next month. So many panels, wow; now I know I can’t till next month.
    I’m gonn finally meet the cast of Lexx, wow.
    Take care & I’ll see you next month. ๐Ÿ™‚

Lexxian to Lexxian,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.