Guess who’s not inthe top ten?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Guess who’s not inthe top ten?

• This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 22 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Headgehog
    Participant

For the week of 3/25-3/31
    SHOW HHR
    Last Man on Earth 1.0
    Inferno 1.0
    Farscape 0.9
    Wing Commander 0.9
    Strange World 0.9
    Hackers 0.9
    Logan’s Run 0.8
    Night of Living Dead 0.8
    Primal Force 0.8
    Escape From Atlantis 0.8

Apocalexx Now isn’t up there. It appears having Farsape leading into it has helped. But this weeks farscape was a rerun. Perhaps Viva Lexx Vegas will fare better next week.

Anonymous

Nothing’s working for SciFi if their top show (What was Last Man on Earth anyway?) only gets a 1.0 and FarScape can’t do better than .9
    I wonder if it has anything to do with crappy movies and endless hiatuses (or is that hiati??) for their series.

elmey

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by elmey:
    Nothing’s working for SciFi if their top show (What was Last Man on Earth anyway?) only gets a 1.0 and FarScape can’t do better than .9

Last Man on Earth (aka L’Ultimo uomo della Terra, 1964) is an adaptation of Richard Matheson’s I Am Legend starring Vincent Price. He stars as the last remaining survivor of a plague that has wiped out the populace, but has rendered its victims vampires. It was later remade, starring Charlton Heston, as The Omega Man. While some think this movie is as dull as dirt, I’m a big fan of it (and Price gives a suitably restrained perf that goes against his campy stereotype). It’s a nice, atmospheric cult sci-fi/horror film. What I don’t get is why it was the top-rated show on the SciFi Channel. They’ve got their hands on a good print, but it’s mostly cinephiles that are going to be interested in checking it out, instead of your standard genre fan.

That’s just odd.

–Aleck

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Aleck:
    Last Man on Earth (aka L’Ultimo uomo della Terra, 1964) is an adaptation of Richard Matheson’s I Am Legend starring Vincent Price. He stars as the last remaining survivor of a plague that has wiped out the populace, but has rendered its victims vampires.

Actually Last man of Earth was about how 98% of the population is female. And quite obviously control the planet. There is a small resistance of men tryign to take back control.
    I didn’t watch it, but thats roughly what TVguide said.

Scifi’s ratings in general have gone way down. From what little inside information I’ve heard, was that TNN’s ST:TNG is grabbing scifi’s nightly viewers. I haven’t heard much else beyond that.
    Scifi is changing its lineup radically for the fall. Instead of showing bogus b-grade scifi “films” every night, they will have a blitzgrieg of original programming. Scifi fares better when showing new stuff or old proven shows, like B5 or Star Trek.

A new episode of Farscape has NEVER gotten below a 1.0. The episode shown this period was a rerun. It should be interesting to see how the new farscape episode will fare next week.
    If it is below a 1.0 next week, I would have to blame the hiatus. Its been months since the last Farscape episode was aired in America. But Farscape’s s3 ended back in January(?) in England. I remember downlaoding the last four episodes back in February. Since I’ve already seen them, I don’t watch the first showing, and harldy pay attention for the second showing.

Anonymous

ok now don’t laugh but i tend to save my tv guides! not the TV Guide but the one that comes in my local paper. so i went digging to find that weeks tv guide. and i think i can clear this up. the movie that Headgehog is talking about is actually called “The Last Man on Planet Earth” 1999 starring Julie Bowen and Paul Francis. it aired on Saturday March 30th at 8pm CST. the movie that Aleck is talking about is “Last Man on Earth” starring Vincent Price. and i agree Aleck, it is an excellent movie! i love running across it late at night while flipping through the channels.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Headgehog:

Actually Last man of Earth was about how 98% of the population is female. And quite obviously control the planet. There is a small resistance of men tryign to take back control.

Actually, that’s Last Man on Planet Earth. Last Man on Earth is the 1964 Vincent Price movie. Unless SciFi has taken it upon themselves to change the name of the former one, which I wouldn’t put past them. Anyway, SciFi has shown both of them, so that’s where my confusion came in.

–Aleck

Anonymous

hey Aleck *doing my best Maxwell Smart imitation and smushing my thumb and finger together* “beat ya by that much”

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by mary beth:
    hey Aleck *doing my best Maxwell Smart imitation and smushing my thumb and finger together* “beat ya by that much”

Well, at least LMOPE makes more sense in the top 10 than LMOE. I was really puzzled by that.

–Aleck

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.