Guilty TV Pleasures

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub Guilty TV Pleasures

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    theFrey
    Participant

Hello, my name is theFrey and I am an American Chopper OCC fan.

There, I have admitted it. This is the first step in being cured. I am ashamed to say that I spent multiple hours this weekend watching the Orange County Chopper Marathon. *sigh* I am sooooo pathetic. but, on the plus side, theBoss and I have something to chat about at work. ๐Ÿ˜€

I honestly have NO idea how this occurred, I was surfing between my home improvement, discovery and home decoration channels and stopped there one day….. and was fascinated by it.

Me? I am amazed that no one has popped Paul Sr. in the back of the head with a wrench. ๐Ÿ˜‰ But then if I had to put up with Paul Jr, I might be a tad cranky also.

Vinnie Rules.

http://www.orangecountychoppers.com

aquabloodstone
    Participant

I must confess it’s not on my viewing list, but you cannot pry my sister away from the telly when OCC is on. She doesn’t know how it happened either.

Maybe you two should form a support group ๐Ÿ˜‰

lexxrobotech
    Participant

The Frey… YOU ROCK!

Hahah.

I have a love of those shows. My brother and I built an AC Cobra, and one day someone phoned to tell me that there was a program called ‘a car is born’ where they document the building of an AC Cobra.

I watched it when it was on… it was ok, but the program after it was the program that captivated me : the OCC. I loved it. I like the ol guy. I think it’s his son whose the snotty nosed one. The friction is fantastic. Their work… amazing.

Great program. I can’t get enough of it.

theFrey
    Participant

It is pretty weird I will tell ya. I was surprised to find that theBoss watched it, since his is a bean counter kinda guy. but I am more surprised at how many other people I work with that watch it. You will be talking to someone you knew for twenty years and notice they have an OCC cap, or key chain or something. ;D

In the most recent of several convos I have had with people about it, we have all come to the conclusion that vinnie does all the work, and the new manager dude bites.

Anonymous

I’m not sure this is in the same vein, but I really like “The Chris Isaak Show” (on Showtime). Since I now have a TiVo, I don’t really channel surf anymore, and am not waylaid by “Real World” marathons on MTV.

theFrey
    Participant

If it is a ‘guilty pleaure, then it is in the right thread.

Apparently, only you and I watch the dubious kinds of shows. I guess everyone else watches only A&E and PBS. ๐Ÿ˜€

sarahent
    Participant
    theFrey wrote:

Apparently, only you and I watch the dubious kinds of shows. I guess everyone else watches only A&E and PBS. ๐Ÿ˜€

*annoying mode*

Actually, I prefer reading to watching television. Nyaaaa! ๐Ÿ˜€

SlickWhistle
    Participant

Nah … you’re not the only ones who like dubious shows. I too find myself watching OCC.

Not only that but … I have to confess, I watch some of the Disney Channel movies and (gasp!!) enjoy them.

I’m sick, I know it. Pity me. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

theFrey
    Participant

Disney Channel????

*theFrey looks up suddenly*

Just the movies…. or perhaps another Kim Possible fan??? Shego is just so …. greenly perfect for a villian.

OCC – Keeping in mind that while I did watch the marathon, I have not seen tons of eps….. but.. I did like the Dixie chopper. Very cool paint job on that. Love the flow Cutter, I wish I had one of those where I work…. ;D

I do wonder about the deadlines though…. they almost don’t make it every ep. I thought it was just dramatic flair until the ep, where they flat didn’t make it.. I think the lifters were too long or something in the harley engine and they kept it from starting.

Anonymous

Does “Monk” count as a guilty pleasure???

MM
    It’s a jungle out there!

SlickWhistle
    Participant

Sorry Frey, Can’t support your KimPossible habit. Not that I wouldn’t like it, just haven’t had the opportunity to watch it.

Keep the chin up though — you are just braver than most in admitting to your GP.

OCC: I just watched the Liberty bike ep and thought the whole copper plating bike was cool. Getting a little tired of Sr. picking on Vinnie. If Sr. wants the shop organized, he can do it himself instead of sitting in a chair watching everyone else work. If it wasn’t for Vinnie, nothin’ would get done around there.

To MM: By the way, I like Monk too!!

theFrey
    Participant

Well Sr is the owner and boss and if he wants to sit and do paper work (or drink coffee) that is his privilege…. But… I did think it was pretty shirtty of his to say that when he tells jr or Mikey nothing gets done so he leans on Vinnie.

Helllooooooo, they are not only your freaking kids, they are also your employees. If you did your job right, they WOULD listen to you. Unless Vinnie is the shop supervisor and getting paid to take this crap, Sr should be yelling at everyone and not just Vinnie.

Of course the thing got instantly cleaned because Jr and Mikey felt bad about getting Vinnie in trouble. It would be nice to think that this was an act that Vinnie and Sr have agreed to in order to keep peace in the family…. but I wouldn’t bet on it.

Kim Possible, Sigh… the reason you may not have seen it, is they keep moving it later and later. If they don’t come out with the DVD’s soon, I swear I am going to start looking for .avi files of the early episodes.

Anonymous

i’ve enjoyed the odd episode of ‘South Park’…though only when the other half is out. if he sees it on the tv, he complains about what a load of sad cr*p it is, and turns it straight off….

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.