GWAR!, GWAR!, GWAR!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Sexecutioner
    Participant

well you might be thinking, what do GWAR have to do with Sci Fi?, well alot!!. There intergalactic warriors come Rock stars, and theve made quite a few cult movies “Phallus in Wonderland”, “Skulhedface”, “Renderveous In Ragnarock” and “Its Sleazy”, I own them all on DVD, and Phallus in Wonderland was even nominated for a grammy!.

maby a GWAR forum should be made here, that would be sexellent.

Big_Green_Beid
    Participant

“We all know the Bowie is much more Sci-Fi than GWAR. Major Tom, Ziggy and all that greatness. Then movies such as The Man Who Fell To Earth.” Says BGB, who will use any excuse to type something about the duke.

theFrey
    Participant

Bowie does indeed rule. He was reinventing himself long before Madonna ever started. πŸ™‚

http://www.lexx-net.ru/duke/garden.jpg[/url]

Sexecutioner
    Participant

uh sexcuse me!, I thought we were talking about GWAR!!, plus Bowie does’nt have cool monster costumes that spray blood and sperm on audiences!

Anonymous
    Sexecutioner wrote:

uh sexcuse me!, I thought we were talking about GWAR!!, plus Bowie does’nt have cool monster costumes that spray blood and sperm on audiences!

No, but Peter Gabriel did more than a decade before!

Dee
    Participant

Sexecutioner, you suck.. lol πŸ™‚ Now ban me for bein an ass 😈

Dee be body movin.. body movin a-1 sound, & the sound so .. ya know ya love it!!

Dee 😈

Sexecutioner
    Participant

how dare you!!! πŸ‘Ώ

Plif
    Participant

Brilliant! A Bowie thread… and in a SciFi forum.. Yeah, even alot of his music is scifi.. One song of his I LOVE is ‘Loving the Alien”, but it never seems to make it on compilations…(not that Im a compilation buyer, u understand?) Anyone know what album it’s on?

Big_Green_Beid
    Participant
    Plif wrote:

Anyone know what album it’s on?

Tonight, where he has a blue face on the cover similar to the video. Also on the Best Of Bowie DVD set.

Quite often there are Sci-Fi elements in Bowie’s work. Astronauts and Aliens can be found in many of his albums. Also other odd Sci-Fi type things, such as a television that ate his girlfriend, which was inspired by an Iggy Pop dream. The guy loves to keep on top of technology too, being the first to release a song exclusively on the internet, although it made it to an album later on.

Deathscythehell
    Participant

i started liking bowie when i was young and i first saw labyrinth, it was cool, i wish i could see it again, i havent watched it in like 6 years πŸ˜•

and as for GWAR…. i had never heard of them before J_J started mentioning them at lexx.com, and iv never seen any of thier movies or heard any of thier “music”, nor do i desire to…

Sexecutioner
    Participant

damn David Bowie Hyjackers!, GWAR are far more creative!

theFrey
    Participant

Well perhaps… but he has been interesting for years and never seems to fade from the limelight. One has to admire staying power and a class act yes?

Flamegrape
    Participant
    Sexecutioner wrote:

damn David Bowie Hyjackers!, GWAR are far more creative!

Yes, they are hijacking the thread.

GWAR has frequently appeared at Dragon Con, one of the largest science-fiction and fantasy conventions in the USA. I had the honor of being personally insulted by one of the band members. Unfortunately, at that moment I couldn’t find a proper blade to ritually disembowel myself. I don’t know if GWAR has appeared at Dragon Con recently or ever will in the near future.

Sexecutioner
    Participant

finnally back on subject

was it Beefcake that insulted you?, he hates GWAR fans.

Deathscythehell
    Participant

uhhh why does he hate his own fans?

DennisMoore
    Participant

One of the strangest Bowie endings would have to be “See Emily Play” from Pinups. I heard it for the first time in ages the other day. I’ve been waiting for another Bowie conversation to popup to bring this up. I was too late last time. What a cool song ending.

Sorry to once again hijack your thread J_J. Wait, let me set you back on track….

GWAR (dun dun, dah dun d d dun) What is it gooood for? Absolutely nothin’! Sing it again!….
    πŸ˜€

Sexecutioner
    Participant

screw you, I did’nt insult your precious David Bowie, even though I’m really tempted too cause you people keep hyjacking the thread.

and Beefcake hates his fans, cause thats his charcter, his a mean angry fat rocker that thinks his better then everyone.

DennisMoore
    Participant

You know, I actually REALLY want to hear these guys, even if just out of morbid curiosity. Have they ever toured this country?

Barabbas
    Participant

The Calvary is here To take back the GWAR thread. Bowie MAY had earlier ties but GWAR is still doing it. (They go to many cons they are fans of many in the subject , I think hunter makes them go)

DennisMoore where you from? I know many years ago they got kicked out of Cannnannnnadda.

and fyi Beefcake is a GWAR supporter. Usually it’s Techno Destructo that want’s them dead.

Dee
    Participant

Ok.. Dee is gonna say it.. I have listened to GWAR before 😳 In the past I heard this song, and liked it.. so got the single of it.. Ok, they ok, not everyone’s cup of tea. I like a bit of it.. not all. I have odd likes when it comes to music, it’s all over the map πŸ˜‰ Oh I really like David Bowie as well πŸ˜‰

theFrey
    Participant
    Dee wrote:

I have odd likes when it comes to music, it’s all over the map πŸ˜‰ Oh I really like David Bowie as well πŸ˜‰

I am much the same way. I normally like songs, rather than artists.

Sexecutioner
    Participant

GWAR are certainly one of a kind, there really is’nt any band out there that has such gruesome, intelligent, and funny lyrics at the same time. GWAR is pretty much a mixture of heavy metal and comic books. It works well.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.