"Haleys Comet" goes around …. and around ….

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx "Haleys Comet" goes around …. and around ….

• This topic has 12 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 22 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Hmmm… Not sure what to make of this episode. It was very much like a Season 4 episode, Lexx picks up a strange group of characters, Lexx crew accepts them, various people try to get off with each other, Visitors end up killing each other, end of episode. I was a bit forumlaic and dull in places but had a decent ending with some nice effects toward the end. Also explained why they dont wash their clothers which was nice. A real 5 out of 10 episode I think.

Anonymous

Yep, just like Season 2 “Wake the dead”.

Anonymous

Kinda mixed on this episode too. Haley was really good. I didn’t see what was wrong with her.
    Why is it that whenever a bunch of renegade teens get on the lexx a killing spree ensues? I don’t know, but it makes for good television. Did anyone see any potential future spoilers in this stand-alone episode? the only thing I saw was that Kai took some initiative with the cryopod junks.

Anonymous

As far as filler goes this was good filler.
    It was season 2 style episode only better than any season 2 filler.

All of the characters were actually annoying(much like in wake the dead) and I was happy as they each kept getting killed.

Good special effects in the final showdown with haley.

5 more episodes left…

Anonymous

Spoiler Question
    .When they tied up 790 at the end, why didn’t they take away his little vehicle?Was that Lykka I saw in the next episode preview?
    Wasn’t the Lexx going really slow, and what was that gurgling sound I heard?

theFrey
    Participant

Spoiler thought!! An answer for something that happened in the Game and is answered in Haley’s Comet.
    Well it has been speculated that perhaps Prince will keep his word to Kai and return him to life. It has also been speculated that this has already happened and Kai will not know about it until he steps in front of one of the crew to protect them from a blaster bolt. Well as far as this episode, we *know* that he has not been returned to life (space walk with no protective gear) but I wonder. The casual risks that Kai takes on a daily basis could kill him instantly. When he needs a moth and can’t get to the breeding chamber for lack of transportation, he just jumps. He space walks with no protection, he does the cutting off of body parts to prove a point ect…. If Prince does eventually return him to life. It will most likely be a very short one, since I doubt if the vindictive Prince will notify him of it when he does it. Also, thinking in a Princely way, Since Kai’s motive in becoming alive, is so that he can become permanently dead…. why should Kai care if he is notified. * Prince smiles an awful evil Princely smile *

Anonymous

It was kinda boring. Hasnt Stan & Xev learned their lessons yet? Stop picking people up, they always lead to trouble.

The good part of this episode was 790 sasback to Haley (kill them all, then kill yourself!).

It does make me think about who 790 will fall in love with next. With the spinoff rumors, its very possible that he will be re-set and fall in love with either Stan or Prince. Oh man, to fall in love with Stan, that would be comedy gold!

Anonymous

Well it wasent a *bad* episode. I’d argue that Kai is already showing signs of life. The scene where he tells Stanley that he knew he was lying and decided to program the cryo pod without telling Stanley. To me that shows Kai took initiative, was motivated, lied to Stan, and clearly wanted to protect Stan. Nothing really *big* or even obvious, just some hints imo.

The kids were annoying. I woulda liked to see Gibble or one of the “Wake the Dead” kids rather than to see 3 overage British actors playing American DooDs.

This ep also continues the downward spiral of 790. By the end of this ep I was saying to myself “Okay you can kill em now” but I was extraordinarily pleased that they finally discussed “Reprogramming” him after the way they just abandoned him without thought a few eps ago.

I also really liked the CGI this episode. When Haley was falling and shoots the Moth was tremendous as was the satellite work.

And finally we know what Kai’s suit is made from! Although it brings up even more questions like how they dont degrade when Kais suit takes damage. Maybe they replicate themselves?

[ 23-03-2002: Message edited by: LexxLurker ]

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Alextron:
    Wasn’t the Lexx going really slow, and what was that gurgling sound I heard?

The Lexx was moving at about 2.5 billion kilometers per hour. For some reason it slowed down at one point and looked like it was entering into orbit around Uranus, but in the next exterior scene it was passing Neptune. I don’t know what to make of that. I heard the gurgling, too. I don’t know what to make of that, either.

Flamegrape
    Participant

(Since no one is talking over at Lexx.Com, I’ll just reprint what I posted there…)

This was a good episode! I wasn’t sure when I saw the ad for it last week. But I really enjoyed this episode that could have come from out of series II. It reminded me of 2.10 Wake The Dead, of course.

Stan is finally starting to wise up to the fact that the Lexx’s key is best kept secret. But this time it’s Xev who spills the beans! Poor, innocent Xev.

True to Lexx form, everyone dies without Stan or Xev getting laid. (And Xev really tried this time!)

Stan finally got a spanking, which is good. But I keep telling everyone that Xev is the one who really needs a good spanking.

The girl who played Haley looked familiar. Did she appear in a previous episode?

That brunette femme fatale was hot! A seething bitch like that should be classified as munitions. I’ve seen women EXACTLY like that before, who don’t have the least bit of sympathy for anyone but themselves. I was disappointed when she was vaporized by the blackpack– she should have had prolonged suffering, a chance to regret her actions… and then vaporizer her!

They did a good job with some of the effects, especially at the end. I got a better idea of the bridge set.

Lately I’ve been wondering if they might try rebooting 790 to quit his obsession with Kai. I thought that was going to happen at the end, but no dice.

Q: “Wheel of morality, turn, turn, turn. Tell us the lesson we must learn.”

A: “Basset hounds got floppy ears.”

Anonymous

Who was the girl who played Amber(?) ? Nice Bra.

Anonymous

Did not care for this ep much at all. It was too much like Wake the Dead. There were a few good points, such as Kai’s explanation of how his clothing stays clean. And maybe I’m just too much of a Kai freak but there seemed to be some definite irritation on his face when he agreed with Stan about his Non-interest in women.

Then he seemed to get awfully close to Amber when he said, “What do you want Amber.” I’m sorry but that was definite interest there.

Anonymous

A decent episode, kind of “Wake the Dead”‘s evil twin though. Two other things: 790 is really crazy and I missed Prince. Can’t wait for him to return!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.