Hali Lexx-excursion

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    necro
    Participant

I have been doing a bit of research about the possibility of whale watching whilst in Halifax for those interested in doing so.

I have found a private charter boat that will take up to 40 people out for $280.00 an hour (Canadian)…if we can get at least 30 people to commit we can talke a two hour tour for what amounts to at least $10.00 less per person than the least expensive fothe other options.

THE OWNER OF THIS BOAT SAYS THAT THEY ASSISTED SALTER STREET DURING THE FILMING OF THE WATER SCENCE IN 3.12!!! SHE TOLD ME THAT THEY TRANSPORTED THE ACTORS ON THEIR BOAT!!

The possibilities of walking the same decks aside, there are other benifits to a private charter vs the other boats which I hear have row seating…on our own charter we may move about more freely. We may make our own food and beverage descisions and decide where WE want to go…also if enough people commit to doing this to make it worthwile…it will be just us lexxians on board!!!! And won’t THAT be something!?!?

If you feel you would be interested in doin this pleaselet me know! Send me an e-mail at [email protected] …we would need to get this together very quickly to reserve the boat…I was thinking that perhaps Sunday might be be the best day?? What do you guys think?

Looking forward to a Lexxy time in Halifax,
    Necro

kaisothergirl2
    Participant

Hya necro,
    the boat trip works out at about £4-5 sterling?. This doesn’t sound too bad. It really depends on how early a start it is and how wacked we all are from the night before lol.
    It sounds good a good price/good fun. Sea sickness willing I’ll put my name down tentatively
    ta ta
    KOG2

Anonymous

hey necro count me in at least tentatively, i am planning to attend uncon but i may have a conflict saturday night …so if i am there i will go whale watching on sunday, as long as you don’t make us get up with the fishermen!

necro
    Participant

LOL! Having considered the ‘morning after syndrome’ we were thinking about the Sunday afternoon!

Cheers
    Necro

Anonymous

Wadda great idea!

I only wish I wasn’t so seasick

——————

kaisothergirl2
    Participant

necro,
    you are a genius with a king heart. Sunday afternoon is a much better plan LOL

KOG x
    who is now more confident about being present for the whaling session

Anonymous

great stuff, this is what the hubbie wanted to do. Put me down for two tix. Hope the whales are out this year!

——————
    “We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars…” Oscar Wilde

necro
    Participant

I have a reserved the boat for Sunday afternoon the 17th of June!!!!

We are looking at a departure time of 2:00pm…as soon at this is confirmed I will be posting it.

Cheers,
    Necro

necro
    Participant

Hi All You Lovely Lexxians!

There is a tentative listing of people who stated they would like to partake in the Lexxian Whale Watchin Party Cruise on the UnConWebPage…http://uncon2001.homestead.com

If you plan on joining us on Sunday and your name/nick is not on the list please let me know. Likewise if your name/nick is on the
    list and you cannot please let us know that as well.

I am sure it is alright to leave the info in the mailbox at the site…however I would be very gratefull if you could e-mail me…[email protected] as I am putting up the deposit personally and don’t want to lose it! (would mean very few drinks for me at the shoe then)

As there is only room for 40 people on the boat it is important to keep track of who is and is not going and note any changes as soon as possible so that everyone who would like to go on the excursion can and who knows maybe we will need to get a second boat! Wouldn’t THAT be grand!?!

I will keep you posted regarding anyinformation as soon as I get it…and by all means if anyone has any great ideas regarding enhancing our Cruise pleasure let me know!!

Getting more lexx-cited everyday!
    Necro

[This message has been edited by necro (edited March 22, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by necro (edited March 22, 2001).]

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.