Happy Boxing Day

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jhevz
    Participant

Happy Boxing Day to Canadians & UK,
    This is your day to celebrate the kindness to others & the joy that brings; I hope you’re celebrating today with kindness & joy; I also hope you celebrate it watching NHL Hockey (go Leafs go) & don’t eat nor drink too much. Also, please be kind to strangers & give genorously & donate what ever it may be; also, enjoy your day & have fun.
    The way I’m gonna celebrate today is, read manuals, try on some clothes, listen to SJ Sharks & spend time with my parents; I’ll also be doing some other things & having fun doing them. & since tomorrow is Saturday Night Hockey, I plan to watch the SJ Sharks beat LA as well as work more on my wig, read manuals & other things.
    Happy Boxing Day to those who celebrate it & have fhun.

Happy Boxing Day,
    Jhevz πŸ˜‰

Anonymous
    Inactive

Erm, merry Boxing Day… As No. 6 says in Fall Out, “Don’t knock yourself out.”

And a very happy Kwanzaa!!!! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Never actually known anyone who “celebrated” Boxing Day, guess you could say that it’s far more of a saleabration than a celebration.

Anonymous
    Logan wrote:

Never actually known anyone who “celebrated” Boxing Day, guess you could say that it’s far more of a saleabration than a celebration.

Does it actually have anything to do with Boxing? or maybe to do with ‘what to do with all the leftover packaging from Christmas Presents’ or maybe to do with bashing your spouse for not getting you that particular present that you’d been hinting at all year or is it for all those punch drunk types like me who just want to slob and do nothing for a whole day?

πŸ™‚

nursewhen
    Participant

Boxing day was the day when the wealthy gave gifts (Christmas boxes) to the poor and to their tradesmen and servents.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    nursewhen wrote:

Boxing day was the day when the wealthy gave gifts (Christmas boxes) to the poor and to their tradesmen and servents.

Boxing day is the day when the wealthy give gifts (Christmas boxes) to the poor and to their servents.

Typical, the wealthy give/ receive lovely gifts to/from their wealthy friends, and after opening up their wonderful Christmas prezzies they hand over the empty boxes to their faithful servants. Still, they’re probably pretty fancy boxes — do they give them the Christmas ribbons too? πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜›

But seriously…

SadGeezer wrote:

Does it actually have anything to do with Boxing? or maybe to do with ‘what to do with all the leftover packaging from Christmas Presents’ or maybe to do with bashing your spouse for not getting you that particular present that you’d been hinting at all year or is it for all those punch drunk types like me who just want to slob and do nothing for a whole day?

πŸ˜†

I like to think all of the above, however I had previously assumed that the boxing did refer to packing up (i.e. boxing) some of your Christmas stuff like the left-over Christmas crackers, to go with the Christmas liver patΓ©. There are of course twelve days of Christmas, and I don’t pack it all in till twelfth night (always a big party night for me).

theFrey
    Participant

Are you sure that is not the day you re-gift something and hope you don’t get boxed for sending it to the person who gave it to you ast year?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.