Harper2

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Hi I have a question.
    I live in a really, but really small country (perhaps you’ve heard of her? Israel?)and I’m not up to speed on the episodes-it only started like a week ago, and I’m in episode2!
    So I didn’t see the episode finale, or the next season (if you’ve seen it). But I heard the talking so I gotta ask-did anyone DIE in the last episode (or we’re not sure of)? Did Harper????
    -Ivy

Anonymous

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

Nope, nobody died for sure in the last episode, but things are not looking good! I hate cliffhangers!!!

Anonymous

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

Nope, nobody died for sure in the last episode, but things are not looking good! I hate cliffhangers!!!

Anonymous

SPOILER WARNING

Well, no one’s really good and truly _dead_,
    but almost everyone’s unconcious and there’s a hole in the ship. (But you just know they’re gonna make it out ok…you don’t kill off all the major charcters after only one year…you just don’t!…do you?)

——————
    Gideon: I thought you said you don’t hold a grudge.
    Galen: I don’t. I have no living enemies. At all.

Anonymous

SPOILER WARNING

but almost everyone’s unconcious and there’s a hole in the ship. (But you just know they’re gonna make it out ok…you don’t kill off all the major charcters after only one year…you just don’t!…do you?)

——————

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Catalina:

SPOILER WARNING

Jeez… I hope not!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Catalina:

SPOILER WARNING

Jeez… I hope not!

Anonymous

God I hope not!
    Well-after “Angel” and Doyle I’m not sure anymore-any favorite character may drop dead at any second!!!
    -Ivy

Anonymous

God I hope not!
    Well-after “Angel” and Doyle I’m not sure anymore-any favorite character may drop dead at any second!!!
    -Ivy

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Ivy:
    God I hope not!
    -Ivy

true…we’ll never be able to trust series’ writers again, will we?

——————

Anonymous

quote:

God I hope not!
    -Ivy

true…we’ll never be able to trust series’ writers again, will we?

——————

Anonymous
    Inactive

don’t forget Adric..

Anonymous
    Inactive

don’t forget Adric..

Anonymous

OK- Who’s Adric?
    And can anyone tell me WHAT happened last episode of the season? Especially to Harper.
    PLEASE! Don’t give a damn about spoilers. (can I say damn???)
    -Ivy
    “Trust in the Harper. The Harper is good.”

Anonymous

OK- Who’s Adric?
    And can anyone tell me WHAT happened last episode of the season? Especially to Harper.
    -Ivy

Anonymous

quote:

OK- Who’s Adric?
    -Ivy

We can say lots of things; hell! damn! crap! …
    *wanders down hall shouting innocuous curse words*

——————
    —————
    “In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

-HHGTTG

Anonymous

quote:

OK- Who’s Adric?
    -Ivy

We can say lots of things; hell! damn! crap! …
    *wanders down hall shouting innocuous curse words*

——————
    —————
    “In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

-HHGTTG

Anonymous

So- Can You tell me WHAT did happen in the finale? TO HARPER?
    Has anyone seen the next season? If so-what happened in the FIRST episode?
    -Ivy

Anonymous

So- Can You tell me WHAT did happen in the finale? TO HARPER?
    Has anyone seen the next season? If so-what happened in the FIRST episode?
    -Ivy

Anonymous

OK, I haven’t seen that episode myself, but I’ve heard lots and lots about it on the web. And since no one else seems in a hurry to recap I’ll take a stab at it.

Harper goes messing around in Andromeda’s mind and accidentally causes her to regress to a previous personality mode from before she knew any of them (including Dylan). She suddenly assumes they’re all intruders and tries to get rid of them. Harper hacks into her system and shuts down the internal defenses that can do such things as create artificial gravity fields or such the air out (I think). Meanwhile Andromeda has Trance make a slipstream jump (Hah! Who let her drive?!) to someplace where this previous Rommie thinks she has a mission. It turns out to be crawling with Magog. The Magog invade. Lots of nifty fight scenes. Harper manages to fix Andromeda so that she will regain her memory gradually but in the process gets cut off from everyone else but Tyr by a ****load of Magog. (We can say “****” too ^_^) Harper freaks out at the sight of the Magog, but Tyr gives an inspirational peptalk (starting with “You are an annoying little man…)and they end up fighting back to back. The Magog try to persuade Rev to join them in their fight and at first he resists but they relate to his innate sense of bloodlust and he cracks (I think. Not sure about this one) Anyway, its a moot point ’cause they shoot him. Rommie (the android who doesn’t have any memory problems) tries to stop them and gets stabbed. Meanwhile Dylan and Beka go to the weapons locker in order to blow up all the nice weapons so the Magog won’t get their hands on them. Dylan gets injured and tells Beka to go on without him. She refuses, saying that he’s a member of HER crew now as much as she is his, and she doesn’t leave crew members behind. Somewhere along the line here Andromeda gets a couple of big holes blown through her. Beka and Dylan make to the bridge but somehow end up getting knocked unconcious, as does Trance (I’m a little sketchy on this part. Sorry) The episode ends with Andromeda, having recovered her memory, frustratedly crying out that there were officers down and could anybody hear her? Anyone?

Like I said, I haven’t actually seen the episode myself as of yet so I probably got a host of the little details wrong and maybe even some of the larger ones. But that’s the general gist. If anyone wants to correct me, please, feel free.

Anonymous

OK, I haven’t seen that episode myself, but I’ve heard lots and lots about it on the web. And since no one else seems in a hurry to recap I’ll take a stab at it.

Harper goes messing around in Andromeda’s mind and accidentally causes her to regress to a previous personality mode from before she knew any of them (including Dylan). She suddenly assumes they’re all intruders and tries to get rid of them. Harper hacks into her system and shuts down the internal defenses that can do such things as create artificial gravity fields or such the air out (I think). Meanwhile Andromeda has Trance make a slipstream jump (Hah! Who let her drive?!) to someplace where this previous Rommie thinks she has a mission. It turns out to be crawling with Magog. The Magog invade. Lots of nifty fight scenes. Harper manages to fix Andromeda so that she will regain her memory gradually but in the process gets cut off from everyone else but Tyr by a ****load of Magog. (We can say “****” too ^_^) Harper freaks out at the sight of the Magog, but Tyr gives an inspirational peptalk (starting with “You are an annoying little man…)and they end up fighting back to back. The Magog try to persuade Rev to join them in their fight and at first he resists but they relate to his innate sense of bloodlust and he cracks (I think. Not sure about this one) Anyway, its a moot point ’cause they shoot him. Rommie (the android who doesn’t have any memory problems) tries to stop them and gets stabbed. Meanwhile Dylan and Beka go to the weapons locker in order to blow up all the nice weapons so the Magog won’t get their hands on them. Dylan gets injured and tells Beka to go on without him. She refuses, saying that he’s a member of HER crew now as much as she is his, and she doesn’t leave crew members behind. Somewhere along the line here Andromeda gets a couple of big holes blown through her. Beka and Dylan make to the bridge but somehow end up getting knocked unconcious, as does Trance (I’m a little sketchy on this part. Sorry) The episode ends with Andromeda, having recovered her memory, frustratedly crying out that there were officers down and could anybody hear her? Anyone?

Like I said, I haven’t actually seen the episode myself as of yet so I probably got a host of the little details wrong and maybe even some of the larger ones. But that’s the general gist. If anyone wants to correct me, please, feel free.

Anonymous

Thanx!

Anonymous

Thanx!

Anonymous

No problem.

Anonymous

No problem.

Anonymous

That sounds exciting! I still haven’t seen the season finale and will probably forget what I’ve just read by then.

Re: Adric, he was a companion in the Doctor Who show who sacrificed himself to save the Earth in the episode “Earthshock.” Comparable to Trek’s Wesley Crusher in some ways. His death as a hero had a great emotional impact on many fans of the show, so writing him out could be viewed as a good thing. Not that I want to see anyone die in Andromeda…

Randalt

Anonymous

That sounds exciting! I still haven’t seen the season finale and will probably forget what I’ve just read by then.

Re: Adric, he was a companion in the Doctor Who show who sacrificed himself to save the Earth in the episode “Earthshock.” Comparable to Trek’s Wesley Crusher in some ways. His death as a hero had a great emotional impact on many fans of the show, so writing him out could be viewed as a good thing. Not that I want to see anyone die in Andromeda…

Randalt

Anonymous

Ahh ok got it. Never saw Doctor who-but it really reminds me of Doyle on Angel-he sacrificed his life to save lots of good demons. What was that about Wesley? I’ve seen STTNG soo long ago….he died? I don’t remember. I liked him
    -Ivy

Anonymous

Ahh ok got it. Never saw Doctor who-but it really reminds me of Doyle on Angel-he sacrificed his life to save lots of good demons. What was that about Wesley? I’ve seen STTNG soo long ago….he died? I don’t remember. I liked him
    -Ivy

Anonymous

-really getting off topic here- Wesley didn’t die in the show, but left. He’s died in many fanfics, though!

Harper is a mechanical genius but he’s not as annoying as the Crusher kid. Most likely because he’s not a teenager, and I can’t see Wesley creating an avatar body like Andromeda’s!

Randalt

Anonymous

-really getting off topic here- Wesley didn’t die in the show, but left. He’s died in many fanfics, though!

Harper is a mechanical genius but he’s not as annoying as the Crusher kid. Most likely because he’s not a teenager, and I can’t see Wesley creating an avatar body like Andromeda’s!

Randalt

Anonymous

Yeah, I hated it when they killed Doyle. He was my favorite character in that show. I loved the Irish accent.

Has anyone noticed that when they want to get rid of people in books and shows, they always kill the COOL character? What’s up with that?!

Anonymous

Yeah, I hated it when they killed Doyle. He was my favorite character in that show. I loved the Irish accent.

Has anyone noticed that when they want to get rid of people in books and shows, they always kill the COOL character? What’s up with that?!

Anonymous

Why was Wesley annoying???
    Uh-you loved Doyle too?! Man I loved that irish accent-and those blue eyes!!!! Much better than angel-WHY DID THEY KILL HIM????!!!
    Don’t kill Harper cause he’s cool and cute and I’d hate them for that!!!!
    -Ivy

Anonymous

Uh-you loved Doyle too?! Man I loved that irish accent-and those blue eyes!!!! Much better than angel-WHY DID THEY KILL HIM????!!!
    Don’t kill Harper cause he’s cool and cute and I’d hate them for that!!!!
    -Ivy

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Pantera:

Of course they only kill the ones we like…they’re sadistic buggers and that’s how they get their kicks…

——————

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Pantera:

Of course they only kill the ones we like…they’re sadistic buggers and that’s how they get their kicks…

——————

Anonymous

quote:

-Ivy

Wesley – his character just annoyed me from the start. I can’t honestly explain why that’s so but the way he was written, as a whiz-kid, really bugged me. Other examples are Dr. Z from “Galactica 1980” and the Starchild from “V” who grew at an accelerated rate (another plot device I despise) as young characters who were superior to adults. At least I can say that when Wesley’s character left the show he was more mature, but became that way through story development.

Getting back to Andromeda, let’s look at the character’s strengths. Harper has his innate ability to fix things. Tyr has his Nietzschean superiority (He’s Nietzschean, so there! Hah!). Trance has her psychic precog ability (and who knows what else). Rev Bem is nice to people and has great faith. Beka is an excellent pilot. Rommie is the omniscient ship. Dylan has his discipline & his quest.

Harper’s character has a darker side which appeals to me in some way. Wesley was just a smart git.

Randalt

Anonymous

quote:

-Ivy

Wesley – his character just annoyed me from the start. I can’t honestly explain why that’s so but the way he was written, as a whiz-kid, really bugged me. Other examples are Dr. Z from “Galactica 1980” and the Starchild from “V” who grew at an accelerated rate (another plot device I despise) as young characters who were superior to adults. At least I can say that when Wesley’s character left the show he was more mature, but became that way through story development.

Getting back to Andromeda, let’s look at the character’s strengths. Harper has his innate ability to fix things. Tyr has his Nietzschean superiority (He’s Nietzschean, so there! Hah!). Trance has her psychic precog ability (and who knows what else). Rev Bem is nice to people and has great faith. Beka is an excellent pilot. Rommie is the omniscient ship. Dylan has his discipline & his quest.

Harper’s character has a darker side which appeals to me in some way. Wesley was just a smart git.

Randalt

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ach, that girl from V… totally ruined the end. Seemed like they only had 5 minutes to wrap things up so they decided to have the girl save the day by becoming sparkly .
    Bad end to a series with some good stuff in it, like the old Jew drawing parallels with Nazi Germany.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ach, that girl from V… totally ruined the end. Seemed like they only had 5 minutes to wrap things up so they decided to have the girl save the day by becoming sparkly .
    Bad end to a series with some good stuff in it, like the old Jew drawing parallels with Nazi Germany.

Anonymous

Ok-no idea what you guys are talking about…
    -Ivy

Anonymous

Ok-no idea what you guys are talking about…
    -Ivy

Anonymous

Sorry, I sometimes assume we all see the same stuff, but it ain’t necessarily so! Those shows came on years ago and didn’t last long.

Randalt

Anonymous

Sorry, I sometimes assume we all see the same stuff, but it ain’t necessarily so! Those shows came on years ago and didn’t last long.

Randalt

Anonymous

Which would explain why I didn’t get them in Israel…
    -Ivy

Anonymous

-Ivy

Anonymous

-Ivy
    P.S- what was in that episode of “Crusade” that Gideon asked him that? Plot wise? I just love Galen! Too bad he was only in 7 episode or so. Why do they deprive us of the characters we love??Doyle and Harper as well! He(Harper)wasn’t in all the episoes!

Anonymous

-Ivy
    P.S- what was in that episode of “Crusade” that Gideon asked him that? Plot wise? I just love Galen! Too bad he was only in 7 episode or so. Why do they deprive us of the characters we love??Doyle and Harper as well! He(Harper)wasn’t in all the episoes!

Anonymous

quote:

-Ivy

Another Galen fan! Yay!(Hardly any of my friends at school watch Crusade so I always feel a bit freakish ranting about how much I love him )
    Hmm…don’t remember much of the rest of the conversation…that line just stuck in my head…Galen got all the cool lines, didn’t he…ook, none of this has anything to do with Andromeda so I’m going to stop myself before it’s too late.

——————

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.