Harry Potter HBP Spoilers/Discussion

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub Harry Potter HBP Spoilers/Discussion

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    theFrey
    Participant

Okay, so I am not going to get my book until tuesday, so ….. dish.

I ned some one who has the freaking thing to let me know what happened.

Who is the Half Blood Prince?

Who snuffs it?

And what is our freind Draco upto in this book?

Inquiring minds want to know, but not enough to go to the store tonight…. crazy time out there people. ๐Ÿ˜€

lexxrobotech
    Participant

I just go mine a few hours ago. Im about half way through… I have a feeling there a few twists in this one.

So far, Ive just got to the Half Blood Prince chapter. Don’t know who he is yet.

I can’t believe you want to know this already… before you get the book.

Now… I must warn you… this is a Spoiler.

*WARNING SPOILER*

Albus Dumbledore Snuffs it. I was paging through the book before I started reading it and saw it. Blast. Although Im not as upset as I was with Sirius’s death.

Lets just say that Draco is up to no good so far. Like father like son.

theFrey
    Participant
    lexxrobotech wrote:

I can’t believe you want to know this already… before you get the book.

Well duh, once I get the book I won’t need them. ๐Ÿ˜†

* adopt snooty tone * “I am not into things for the experience. I want results, the end reaction, feedback…. and I want it now god darn it!”

As most of you may know, patience is *not* my strong suit. ๐Ÿ™‚ (my strong suit of course being persistance and never taking my eye off the main chance.)

And, as I have always said, if the suspense of not knowing is the only thing a book, movie or show has going for it, then it is in trouble. We know how Romeo and Julliet ends, but we read it for the skill and the craft and the joy of how the words were put together to make us feel a certain way. If the skill is not there, then once the plot is revealed, there is nothing to bring us back to it again.

So, having said that…… Spoil me baby!

theFrey
    Participant

It. Came. Early!

Sqeeeeeeeee!

*Dance of Joy*

Later!

theFrey
    Participant

So what did you think?

I think Snape may have once had a crush on Harry’s mom. He never fails to be horrible about his dad. Who apparently was a bit of a jerk from time to time, but he never says any thing bad about his mother or even ‘your parents.’

I think Dumbledor put Snape up to it. I just hope he has a few letters of testimony hidden around here or there in case Snape needs them.

lexxrobotech
    Participant

Hmmmm,

Snape has called Harry’s mom a mudblood before, however, he isnt a pureblood either.

I think he is somewhat good. I belive he killed Dumbledoore on purpose, in one last effort to get Harry to finally face up to Voldemort.

I think Harry will go it alone. I dont think he’ll make it. I think they’ll both go out in one hell of a fight, and I think deep down inside, Harry knows it. I think that the whole ‘boy who lived’ thing and the prophecy about the ‘chosen one’ being born is only partly correct. I believe Harry was born to die. I think he is part Voldemort, and I think the last Horocrux is in Harry.

theFrey
    Participant

Well Rollings doesn’t shy away from the dark, but I’m not convinced that Harry will die. I expect, there will be a horrible battle, much recovery time for Harry, and then hints about him perhaps returning to Hogwarts to teach defence against the dark arts after he tires of being an Auditor.

lexxrobotech
    Participant

Heh… Im sure Harry would tire of being an “auditor”… ๐Ÿ˜†

Your Auror typo made me laugh, I needed that.

I always hoped Lupin would come back and teach defence against the dark arts.

I think Hermoine will become a teacher (If she doesn’t die)

JK is not frightened of killing off big characters.

theFrey
    Participant

Hey spelling was never my strong suit. ๐Ÿ˜€

I can see Hermoine someday taking McGonagol’s place. She is fearsomely intelligent, takes no crap, great with detail. A second in command if ever I saw one.

Not as much Draco in this one as I would have liked. I wonder what his mom and Snape have as a bond?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.