Harry Potter rumormill

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub Harry Potter rumormill

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Recently it was revealed that the Durselys (Harrys evil Aunt and Uncle) will *not* be appearing in the 4th Harry Potter movie “Goblet of Fire”.

The Director claimed the story would either begin directly at the World Cup, or at the Burrow just before the WC.

However as of yesterday it’s now being discussed that this film should be split into a Part 1 and Part 2, filmed all at once, but seperated by a couple months in the theatres.

Personally I think this is the only way to go. The first books are only around 300 pages in length, but the latter ones go from 500 to almost 3 times the length of the first book.

What do you guys think? Rants welcome ๐Ÿ˜›

Anonymous

I think a 2-parter would work fine, although it’s a hard sell to studios. WB might be amenable to it, as the Matrix sequels did fairly well.

It will be more worrying if Rowling can’t produce the next two books before the kid playing Harry Potter is 30. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous
    ”stormsweeper” wrote:

I think a 2-parter would work fine, although it’s a hard sell to studios. WB might be amenable to it, as the Matrix sequels did fairly well.

It will be more worrying if Rowling can’t produce the next two books before the kid playing Harry Potter is 30. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I think they will. LoTR paved the way, and Miramax basically forced Tarantino to make Kill Bill 2 movies.

To the studios now they will see Harry Potter4 as a single 200-250m dollar film, or two 150-200m dollar films. And I’m being generously low with estimates.

And I totally agree with the last part lol. I keep telling people I’ll be dead before they finish Dune and Harry Potter the way things are released so slow these days =p

theFrey
    Participant

I don’t see the problem in a two parter. They can film at once… finish and release part one, while doing post production on part two.

Then having milked all they can, release part two six months later just as they release the video of part one.

lexxrobotech
    Participant

Thats not going to happen.

I follow the HP news at http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org They have all the latest news as well as links with the cast and production crew. The last news from the producers is that they are going to shoot the whole movie at once, then leave it up to ‘editing’ to see what they cut. It will, however, be very long. Thats a fact.

theFrey
    Participant

Actually, I think the Kill Bill thingy might be something that the studios look at.

The books are freaking doubling in size…. as a one parter we are talking either chopped to no end… which Rowlings would hate. Or an extrordinarly expensive bladder buster long movie. And a two parter lets then stay truer to the story while getting twice the revenue. ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous
    lexxrobotech wrote:

Thats not going to happen.

I follow the HP news at http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org They have all the latest news as well as links with the cast and production crew. The last news from the producers is that they are going to shoot the whole movie at once, then leave it up to ‘editing’ to see what they cut. It will, however, be very long. Thats a fact.

I wouldn’t be so definite on that LR. Even the site you link claims:

Where do you get the news?
    The news on this site is collected from several sources, but our top two resources are Internet research and e-mail alerts from you, the readers

Both Variety and Sci-Fi.com have reported as late as 5/20 that discussion is still going on. And may very well depend on the revenue of the 3rd movie. And their sources are just as good.

Keep in mind, Kill Bill was shot as 1 movie. It was during the last weeks of filming the *studio* not the Producers ordered it to be 2 films. You’d be surprised what they can do. But we’ll see, you may very well be right.

Deathscythehell
    Participant

i think they should do what they did with LoTR and make the movie hella long. edit it to hell for the theaters, and then release an extended version DVD for all those fans who want it all. although a two parter sounds cool aswell ๐Ÿ˜€

lexxrobotech
    Participant

Now you’re talking!

I like that idea Deathscythehell.

ilyekkakai
    Participant

๐Ÿ˜€ ….I happen to like the 2 part idea, tho I might not go to the theatre to view it …instead ,wait till dvd comes out ๐Ÿ˜‰ ….why?..might you ask? …Well, HP3 came out today and I was eager to see it and tried to catch the bargain matinee at 4:15pm…it was sold out .. so all I could get was the 6:15 viewing(and it cost $7.50..cause the bargain matinee times ended ๐Ÿ˜• ) …I was fine with the wait ,I could kill time nearby…O.K. , so, I showed back up at the theatre about 30 min before the showtime and there was a friggin line that seemed to wrap around ๐Ÿ˜ฏ
    ..sooo.. we waited and then they started letting us file in 20 min till the show…I am just happy I was able to snag my favourite spot ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜‰ …only drawback is the lil kids that were close to me ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
    I enjoyed the show tremendously :mrgreen:
    ..this one was a bit “darker” than the first two…I would go as far as to say that kids under 6 ..would get freaked out by some of the imagry ๐Ÿ˜ฏ ๐Ÿ˜‰
    …all in all , I am glad I put up with the “little” inconveinces to see it… :mrgreen:

lexxrobotech
    Participant

I don’t see how the two part could be done well. The Potter books always lead up to a climatic final. I don’ t think there would be enough ‘cinematic substance’ to split Goblet of Fire into two movies. Unlike The Two Towers where they altered the battle to be more larger so as to end the TT off nicely, there is not much in the story to blow up after the GoF tests.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.