Has anyone else had trouble on scifi’s BBoard

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi Sci Fi Angst Has anyone else had trouble on scifi’s BBoard

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jhevz
    Participant

Hi Fellow Posters,
    After scifi.com’s changed & updated their board, I can no longer post anything; no matter what I do or what I send, it won’t let me post. Instead, I get a message saying, `We cannot proceed; The host that your trying to post from is not a valid host. ‘ Then it tells me to hit the back button to the previous page; basically, all I can do there is sign in, click on the forums button, click on 1 of the shows (Lexx, Mad Mad House, etc), click on a thread, read it & that’s all.
    I’m wondering if I need to sign up again, check to see if I’ve got a valid e-mail address or something; or may be it’s on their end & it’s not me at all. I’d like to know if any of you are having the same kind of problems I’ve been having; if so, may be we can get together & solve this problem. If not, please let me know how I can start posting there again; anyhelp will be greatly appreciate. I can’t be the only 1 with this problem.
    Thanks for any help you can possibly give me & have a great Summer.

Posters Unite,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous

It doesn’t look much different to me. Then again, Ive never been able to find the LEXX forum from the main menu!! I didn’t try logging on – couldn’t find the link?

To be honest, I just really hate scifi.com’s bbs. It’s prolly the worst designed BBS system I’ve used and I try to aboide it if I can.

theFrey
    Participant

http://mboard.scifi.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=Lexx&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=

Try that URL. It is now a regular bbs Tony. And a sign I find most encouraging is that they have a vacant moderator spot listed. Hopefully that means they will either be assigning one of their employees or perhaps one of their more responsible posters to that position…. (and no, oh snide one…. this is not something that anyone I know is angling for. ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜€ )

One other nice thing is they have a ‘report this post to the moderator’ button on all the posts. Hopefully this shoots a copy of the offending post to a moderator so they will a) be alerted to the problem and b) get the entire post rather than logging on to find a hastily altered post that had been revised after everyone had been offended.

This could mean that Sci-fi might actually no longer be a haven for trolls. ๐Ÿ˜€ Good yes? ๐Ÿ˜€

Jhevz
    Participant

Well Sad,
    You took the words right out of my mouth; I’ll just have to stick with the bboards, I can & am able to post & forget about scifi’s. If I do, I’ll have to e-mail it to theFrey or maya & have them post it there for me; I have basically no other choice.

Frey,
    I guess the mods, there think I’m a troll, because I can’t post there; I’ve tried again tonight, & had the same message. So, I guess I’ll have to e-mail my message to you & have you post it there for me.
    Thanks for trying. ๐Ÿ˜•

Posters Unite,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.