Has anyone seen FLCL yet?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Or it could be called Fuli Culi or Fooli Cooli. I think the phrase means something like ‘Hanky Panky’ but whatever – IT’S GREAT!

This show, in six episodes, is a total, TOTAL mind bonk and wonderfully written, animated and produced.

As you’ve prolly guessed, it’s anime and not seen too much outside Japan. (Which is really strange because I thought that the Japanese couldn’t say ‘l’ – but I definitely remember hearing fuli culi and not fury cury ๐Ÿ™‚ ). I (or should I say NewKate) downloaded the six episodes from various parts of the internet (it’s hard to get hold of) until next payday when we’ll prolly get it on DVD (it’s expensive – bloody expensive actually!).

Nevertheless, I highly commend it for the viewing consideration of other sci fi sadgeezers.

Anonymous
    Inactive

also AKA Fury Kuri or whatever. Never seen it, but heard about it often enough.

Barabbas
    Participant

Ya I have seen it and it’s interesting but also slightly wrong. I don’t need to explain it just thought it was off and the last episode locked it in my “Scary Japanese Sexual Repression File” Wow some of those animators have issues.

Tiefling
    Participant

Yah, I’ve seen it. It’s a…fun show. The animation is superb, and the music rocks MY socks(woo, Pillows).

The story however is kind of…non-existent. Well, there IS a story, just not much of one. The problem is that the people who made FLCL(Studio Gainax) meant the show to be a kind of joke(but then again, most of the stuff they’ve made was supposed to be a joke).

Most of what happens in FLCL is exactly what it looks like. The joke about it is that it seems like there is a lot more to it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.