Hehe :) So you guys have real lives huh?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub Hehe :) So you guys have real lives huh?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Is that what you’re saying? Hardly any new posts in the last three days and the lowest recorded page hits since the new site went on-line

COOL!

Looks like there’s hope for us SadGeezers and Lady SadGeezers yet! ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous

I personally think it’s directly connected to the utter lack of Sci-Fi on TV these days ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

That, and school is out for many away-from-home college students who probably have us bookmarked at school.

Anonymous

Personally, I was doing some gardening and converting a newly encoded DVD version of my Kin Dza Dza fansub into the NTSC TV format.

Boring but strangely satisfying ๐Ÿ™‚

trillian
    Participant

GASP! I got a life, I’m so sorry. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Kids are home from school. That keeps me off for most of the day. And the temps have been obscenely gorgeous. Just right for a long walk to the library/post office/courthouse/whatever.

Yesterday I cooked up a storm. I made egg rolls for the first time ever, then some yogurt parfait (don’t think that worked out so well) and finally some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.

With new battery for the camera, I’ve been looking around to add to my webshots. http://community.webshots.com/user/praxilla

Also, got the Red Dwarf DVD’s for Series one and two. The sound is shockingly better than VHS. I’m hearing lines I hadn’t heard before, like when Cat comes up to join Rimmer and Lister in Better Than Life. I never caught him saying he was hungry from after the stomach pump, heh. I never really got the gist of why he was looking for the somber pair.

*waves*

theFrey
    Participant

I have three lives, want one? Union, Lexx, Remodeling… toss in work and my personal stuff……. LOL

Totally cool pic of the icy blue lake Tril !!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Fatguy
    Participant

I once had a life, what you would consider a typical domestic life…..about ten years ago…..gone now. I had another life (so to speak) living the secret existence among the “fringe element” – that left about two years ago….. About a year and a half ago I got my first computer (swore I would never use one) and started surfing the net. Almost one year ago; I posted one of my first posts on a bulletin board (LEXX.com actually) in order to find out about the final episode (I fell asleep and missed it). I had a lot of fun messing about in these forums, but I would have to agree with Sadgeezer in his initial analysis that opened this thread…..

Yes; in the end the computer – for most of us – is but a tool/communication device. However; that is all it will ever be….. No matter what fun you can squeeze out of it – in the end it comes down to one person alone in front of a monitor and a keyboard – not a very healthy situation….. The computer gives us an “excuse” to avoid the more gregarious aspect of our lives by supplying a facsimile via a monitor. Look at the hours used as shown by your ISP – are you ashamed? I have family and friends overseas and the computer (in this case) – is a low cost method of communication. The excessive posting on the forums seems to be a more insidious obsession that alienates me from real society. So I (and others it seems) try to break this obsession any way we can. For me; the best way was to make myself unwelcome so that it would be hard and embarrassing to come back into the fold. That does work, but it is not the best way I would like to be remembered – but it does work…..

I have just finished viewing the final episode of the Lexx series; my initial post in sci-fi has been fulfilled. That was the only productive use of the computer in this case. The rest was fun – but only so much fluff. I did meet many friends and had a memorable time on these forums; but we have to eventually face our own realities in our personal lives…..we will only get one chance at it. So – in the end – Sadgeezer’s assumption is a correct one.

Maurice – the scrawny Black guy who calls himself “Fatguy”.

Anonymous

i didnt get a life i just got ultima online, a whole new way for me to spend every pisible moment on the net. of corse this cuts down on the time i spend on the sites but i was never a big poster anyway ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous

I have never had a life… education never gave me the chance ๐Ÿ˜€

Then I discovered the Net… and then this place… and then Star Trek sims… and then got three major assignments hanging over my head… hmmm, no, maybe I still don’t have a life… ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a life; I just choose to ignore it. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous

I’m in Canada for a week (in Mad Cow country yet). ๐Ÿ˜•

I finally got a couple of hours of free time and a room with a fast internet connection–and this is what I find myself doing, checking out my virtual life. ๐Ÿ™„

elmey

streudel
    Participant

I have a life; I just choose to ignore it.

Ditto. Unfortunately, it’s been going down the crapper while I wasn’t looking. I’ve been trying to stay offline and get my RL in order. But where do I find myself? In a virtual Pub. Oh, well. At least I don’t have to ” one eyeball ” it home from this Pub.

pet
    Participant

Life?! I spend much of my time pacing the length of my cage devising ways to jam the management (today by singing show tunes as if no one was listening– they don’t understand that at all) and rewriting my resume in my head. Most of my posts/PM’s here and html on my site are tapped out in a text file on my Ipaq on breaks and uploaded and edited in the morning when I get home. It doesn’t save as much time as I would like, but it does generally keep me from wandering about these addictive little nooks and crannies when I should be sleeping.

Tonight is an exception. I was arguing with Number 18 about which of us most likely won the lottery tonight, and was actually pulled aside by someone we call “Night Watch Number 16” and told that vocally refusing free recognition meals could be construed as displaying a negative attitude ๐Ÿ™„ .

Number 21 (an ally, though she accepted the meal) reminded me wryly it was “Appreciation Day” today, and as I had no intention of appearing “disharmonious”, she and I (disguised as Number 9) took some vacation time (since this was our scheduled day and not a “voluntary” mandatory day). I designed myself an “unmutual” bumper sticker, caught up on some email, then stopped by here to do a real post.

(How did the Prisoner so quickly overthrow my interest in Lexx? Oh, yeah, mandatory frelling overtime!)

Grrrrrr…….

Be Seeing You!

mandara k
    Participant

I be havin’ a new job, mon, and learnin’ to be pleasant is a parta that.

And the weather is nicer now, time to get outside ๐Ÿ˜‰

Now you be passin’ that over here , mon. Das wha I been talkin about, Sad ALWAYS have the best, mon! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Headgehog
    Participant
    ”Chameleoin” wrote:

and then got three major assignments hanging over my head… hmmm, no, maybe I still don’t have a life… ๐Ÿ˜€

That’d be my excuse too. I’ve had a lot of school work this past week. Darn engineering courses crammed into a short six weeks! I’ve hardly had a chance to do any non-school web surfing.

”LexxLurker” wrote:

I personally think it’s directly connected to the utter lack of Sci-Fi on TV these days

That’s probably a big reason the calm recently. At least new eps SG-1 are back. And it looks like this season won’t suck!

Anonymous

Darn engineering courses crammed into a short six weeks

Well, I’m doing a TAFE HSC Pathways course and my pathway (Certificate 2 in Information Technology) is spread over two years and I already know what I’m supposed to be learning for those two years! Very dull.

Anonymous
    ”LexxLurker” wrote:

I personally think it’s directly connected to the utter lack of Sci-Fi on TV these days ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

That, and school is out for many away-from-home college students who probably have us bookmarked at school.

I plead guilty to all charges (for the first, Andromeda don’t count ๐Ÿ˜ˆ ).

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.