hello everyone….

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub hello everyone….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

…..sorry i’ve not been around much recently. snowed under with OU coursework!!! off to Durham in 2-3 weeks to do a week’s Residential school- get to play mad scientist for a whole week! that’s the closest i’m going to get to a holiday this year….
    so what is everyone here doing for holidays? any exciting tales? places? no doubt i’ll have some stories to tell once i’ve been to Durham. i’ll share some of the less embarrassing ones with you…. ๐Ÿ™„
    anyway, hope everyone’s ok, and i’ll be back!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous

We have Independence day here in the States this Friday, hosting a big family BBQ, steaks, corn on the cob, the works!

Mad Scientist? You doing an applied workshop or something? Details people details! =)

Anonymous

you may or may not remember, but i’m doing a Physics course through the Open University (it’s basically a correspondence course), which will hopefully lead to a degree. the residential school is, at the basic level, what its name suggests- a week spent residing at a school. in this case, i’m spending a week at Durham University (room, meals, student bars, etc…. ๐Ÿ™„ ). this is an important part of the course as it is the only time when we will actually be let loose in a lab to do experiments. there’s also tutorials and lectures on different aspects of the course. the whole idea is to bring together the knowledge you’ve built up over the past few months studying in a practical form-hence the mad scientist bit! hopefully the bar isn’t too far away from the lab. the last school i went on, after the last tutorial finished in the evening, everyone ended up winding down with a few beers!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ it is work during the day, but i had such fun during my last resi school that i’m really looking forward to this one. change of scenery, at least!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.