Here’s a gruesome thought.

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Here’s a gruesome thought.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    dgrequeen
    Participant

(Okay, maybe I’m just feeling morbid today)

Kai is always telling people he doesn’t have this or that: I don’t have a stomach, I don’t have a liver, heart, um… other things. What happened to all those organs? In IWHS, when the prisoners were being executed, they were cut up, packaged neatly, and fed to the Lexx. And Stan was going to be subjected to triple organ donation (read: organs for the Lexx).

Is that what happened to Kai’s organs? And if so, can we assume that Lexx also lives by the adage that you are what you eat?

Eww, I think I’ve grossed *myself* out.

verti
    Participant

on a related note, dgre, if you look at some stills from K-Town (ones with the full-body shot) you can see a rather large slit stitched up just below Kai’s ribcage… I guess that’s where they gutted him

Anonymous

Great topic, if somewhat gruesome, heheheh..

But since Kai was killed 2009 years in the past, I don’t think his organs went into the Lexx, it was created much later that that. My guess is at the time, they were just incinerated, like his corpse would have been, (the officer on deck of the Foreshadow offered to do just that) or disposed of some other way. Then the bioscholars did their number on him. Anyone who’s ever done any hunting knows that you must remove all organs to keep the ‘meat’ fresher, since the decay of those organs is much swifter than the ususal body. The mummification process of Egypt also removed organs before embalming.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by dgrequeen:

Kai is always telling people he doesn’t have this or that: I don’t have a stomach, I don’t have a liver, heart, um… other things. What happened to all those organs? In IWHS, when the prisoners were being executed, they were cut up, packaged neatly, and fed to the Lexx. And Stan was going to be subjected to triple organ donation (read: organs for the Lexx).

Is that what happened to Kai’s organs? And if so, can we assume that Lexx also lives by the adage that you are what you eat?

I don’t think that the organs went to the same place. Kai was killed and converted to an assassin about 2000 years before the LEXX was built, so I think that the most likely solution was that his organs were used either to feed the Giga Shadow, or as maintenance parts for bio-mechanical robot drones.

–Aleck

Anonymous

Criminy, dgre! I was sitting here *trying* to eat my lunch!!

What a fascinating topic, even if it is a bit stomach turning. Yes, I would imagine that all those ‘parts’ would have disposed of, or as Aleck said, recycled into drones. I’m actually thankful that Kai was ‘modified’ long before the Lexx came along…the alternatives are rather disturbing, and yes, very Lexxy!

*stares at lunch and debates if she REALLY wants to finish eating now*

dgrequeen
    Participant

Drat! I keep forgetting about that 2000 year gap!

Lunch?

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Doffy:
    Criminy, dgre! I was sitting here *trying* to eat my lunch!!

*stares at lunch and debates if she REALLY wants to finish eating now*

Hehe, oh poor Doffy. I have to agree with you, this is not a topic for lunch time reading.

I am sooooo glad I don’t check the board until evening.

I have to agree that organs were probably harvested for reuse somewhere else, as best I can remember the organs seemed to be packaged and sent on a different belt that the one that fed the Lexx. They could have been for used for organ replacements or repair parts for the cyborg-thingies.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by dgrequeen:

Glad you brought that up. Us scientifically-minded producers here at Salter Street had dialog explaining what happened to Kai’s missing tissues. It had to be cut, because our continuity consultant (Dennis the donut boy) pointed out that it was inconsistent with the time-frame in which the Lexx was grown. Here are the lines from the lost scene, transcribed from the LEXX archive (my basement):

Xev: “I’ve been wondering, Kai, what ever happened to the rest of you? You know, heart, liver, naughty parts…”

Kai: “That’s an interesting story, actually. You see, when I was transformed into an assassin the bio-scholars excised my unnecessary tissues…”

Xev: “Yeah.”

Kai: “And these tissues were then fed to the infant Lexx…”

Xev: “Uh-huh.”

Kai: “Now, about the blue powder produced by the Lexx’s food dispensers, the substance you’re eating right now…”

Xev: “I don’t follow. Mmmm.”

——————
    Joe Fugazzi
    Salter Street Entertainment

dgrequeen
    Participant

AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!

Anonymous

quote:

Kai: “Now, about the blue powder produced by the Lexx’s food dispensers, the substance you’re eating right now…”

Xev: “I don’t follow. Mmmm.”

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Well, she can’t say she never got a piece of Kai now, can she?

Flamegrape
    Participant

Great green gobs
    Of greasy, grimy, gopher guts,
    Mutilated monkey meat,
    Dirty, little birdie feet!
    Great green gobs
    Of greasy, grimy gopher guts,
    And me without my spoon!
    BUT I BROUGHT MY FORK!!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.