hey Mary Beth!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    bonnee
    Participant

Hi Mary Beth

If you remember, I posted an article on television addiction a while ago, and you mocked it with the AA mantra

“hi, my name is Mary Beth, and I have a problem!”

Well, I’ve finally gotten around to write my own article on it, and I think I’d like to use your mocking tone example as a way of easing readers into my own mockery of the question. Although you weren’t pretending to be original here, my entry point does originate with your example. So what I’m asking – is it ok if I *parrot* your opening gambit? I won’t credit you personally for the reasons cited, but I won’t proceed without your express go ahead either. Since you gave me the idea, I thought it appropriate to solicit your knowledge and consent. I don’t want you to somehow stumble across the article – not likely anyway, because its an academic /industry based film journal, but you never know – and feel that I’ve ripped off your own rip off (if you know what i mean). If you like, I can email you the first paragraph to give you an indication of what I’ve done with it.

For the record – I’ll be using my name, and not yours

[ 25-05-2002: Message edited by: bonnee ]

Anonymous

yes

bonnee
    Participant

thanks

theFrey
    Participant

Good Heavens Bonnee, you surely have a charmingly original way of expressing your self.

By the way, have I mentioned that I am nominating Mary Beth for Sainthood?

Gosh, …I hope she’s catholic.

FX
    Participant

…and as the scorpion and the turtle sank to their death together at the bottom of the river, the turtle said “but why scorpion, why did you sting me after you said you wouldn’t”..and the scorpion replied, “i can’t help it, it’s my nature”

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by thefrey:
    By the way, have I mentioned that I am nominating Mary Beth for Sainthood?

What about nominating me for Satanhood. I have certainly created as much trouble as MB has not.

-SM

theFrey
    Participant

hummm, tell ya what. You change your tag line picture and quote to something a bit less…… yuckky and I will write up the nomination form that very day.

Ya know I love all sadgeezers, but I must admit I hate that tag line of yours. It’s just not you sweetie.

Anonymous

quote:

hummm, tell ya what. You change your tag line picture and quote to something a bit less…… yuckky and I will write up the nomination form that very day.

Ya know I love all sadgeezers, but I must admit I hate that tag line of yours. It’s just not you sweetie.

Ok, how about my new signature….

theFrey
    Participant

Oh very nice! So much classier than the other one. The new one has that nice sinister touch. Bravo.

*theFrey goes looking for her Nominations-R-Us form pad….. were did I pack that thing while I was……

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: thefrey ]

Anonymous

quote:

Oh very nice! So much classier than the other one. The new one has that nice sinister touch. Bravo.

*theFrey goes looking for her Nominations-R-Us form pad….. were did I pack that thing go while I was……

Cool, glad you liked it!

Anonymous

Yes Slop, very.. very “sinister”

May his merciful Shadow fall upon you.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.