HoggCon 2001

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

It’s not too late to attend,
    There’s no membership fee,
    Just show up and be yourself!
    HoggCon, being held in Toronto, Ontario, Canada April 20-22, although some are coming tonight on the 19th. No events directly related to Lexx, but we’re going to have some kind of fun! (Well, someone from the show might make an appearance, but no promises)

Why HoggCon? Toronto has been known for years as “Hogtown” for it’s business in, well, pork, and for a reference to the city “Hog Town” in the 3rd season episode “Tunnels.” http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hoggcon

Randalt

[This message has been edited by Randalt (edited April 27, 2001).]

Anonymous

hey thanx for the info! wish i had the money/time/notice to go but tell us {b}everything [/b] that happens! enquiring peeps wanna know!

Anonymous

I’m hopin’ you all have tons of FUN! FUN! FUN!
    I only wish I were there, too! Enjoy Lexxians, enjoy!

[This message has been edited by BlackCloud (edited April 20, 2001).]

trillian
    Participant

Please ignore this, I’m testing a program. Thank you for your cooperation.

[This message has been edited by trillian (edited April 20, 2001).]

Anonymous

Arghh, I did it again! Shows you just how fried my brain is after HoggCon, I posted a reply to a reply under my original incorrect New Topic in the UnCon forum! If you made sense of that, good for you! Here’s what I posted about HoggCon, now in the correct forum:

Oh, that was a lot of fun. I wasn’t there for every event, but I know everyone enjoyed themselves.
    Others can tell you more, I don’t want to start going on about details until I sort it out. I took many Polaroids and gave most of them away, and there were dozens of flashes from a lot of cameras.
    I hope more people can come next year (next year? There was some talk of going to Las Vegas (Viva Lexx Vegas!)).

Randalt

trillian
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Randalt:

I hope more people can come next year (next year? There was some talk of going to Las Vegas (Viva Lexx Vegas!)).

Randalt

Oo, OO, Please, please Vegas! I love it there. I’m familiar with it and I can get there from here easily. PUHLEEEZE!
    *begs unashamedly*

——————
    “…we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what normal is anyway.”

Anonymous

DETAILS PLEASE!!!!! fx taps foot impatiently….

Anonymous

I won’t go into great detail, because I wasn’t there for everything. I will mention one Lexx celebrity appearance…

Jeffrey Hirschfield (Supreme Bean & 790 robot head) made an appearance at the Pauper’s Pub Friday night for a couple of hours. He spoke a bit about his writing. I was getting too tanked to ask him questions, (just grinned like an idiot). He was wearing a blue “Xevivor” t-shirt which I guess was a souvenir of the filming they did in the Carribean for season 4. The Pub had a couple of projection TVs; we commandeered one to show the last episode of season 3 at 10:00 pm. By that time the DJ was playing her music loudly, but we had all seen the show anyway and knew what was going on. After that some of us went to a goth club for a while, and Saturday was spent sightseeing with another meeting at a pub called the Irish Ambassador. After a very good meal I left to attend a showing of the film Nosferatu with Nash the Slash performing his original soundtrack (I missed the Lexx party by doing this, but there are pictures).

Sunday morning, people were leaving. I said goodbye to those I managed to catch checking out of their hotels. We all agreed this was worth it, and looked forward to meeting each other again.

People were there from Texas, Detroit, Quebec, Sweden (by way of the States), the Cayman Islands, and the local area. Some will be at UnCon in June.

Anonymous

>Oo, OO, Please, please Vegas! I love it there. I’m familiar with it and I can get there from here easily. PUHLEEEZE!

Hey, if you want it, just do it. Make an announcement, reserve space at a bar or restaurant, and people will come. Just don’t try to plan things in any great detail, because you can’t assume people will want to do what you like to do.

trillian
    Participant

quote:

>Oo, OO, Please, please Vegas! I love it there. I’m familiar with it and I can get there from here easily. PUHLEEEZE!

Hey, if you want it, just do it. Make an announcement, reserve space at a bar or restaurant, and people will come. Just don’t try to plan things in any great detail, because you can’t assume people will want to do what you like to do.

Hehe, well, there lies the problem. I’m not much of a planner. I rarely know what is happening for me tomorrow, let alone months down the line. It seems the better I plan, the more likely the event won’t come to happen because of unexpected surprises. Well, let’s just put some feelers out.

Anyone interested in meeting in Las Vegas Nevada, USA? Sometime this year or next?

——————
    “…we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what normal is anyway.”

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by trillian:
    Anyone interested in meeting in Las Vegas Nevada, USA? Sometime this year or next?

I’d like to go, but I can’t make it anytime soon. AnimeNorth & UnCon are going to clean me out.

trillian
    Participant

quote:

I’d like to go, but I can’t make it anytime soon. AnimeNorth & UnCon are going to clean me out.

I understand that. It’s a problem for a lot of people (including me). That’s kewl. The internet is a fast beast, so I’ve had some responses already. I’m looking for it in 2002. Just gonna wait on some information for a month.

‘ya gotta love the internet! Just gotta!

——————

Kaisfem
    Participant

Randalt[/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah Randalt, that was less and I planning a LexxSincon next year in Vegas. Since it’s still pretty early dayz we’ll prolly mention it a bit later this year as a con trip. I’d like to see what Vegas has going on next year. But if ya’ll are interested I’ll start a thread around Oct or Nov this year, and we can go from there

Kaisfem aka The Texas Tart

trillian
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Kaisfem:

Randalt

Yeah Randalt, that was less and I planning a LexxSincon next year in Vegas. Since it’s still pretty early dayz we’ll prolly mention it a bit later this year as a con trip. I’d like to see what Vegas has going on next year. But if ya’ll are interested I’ll start a thread around Oct or Nov this year, and we can go from there

Kaisfem aka The Texas Tart

[/B][/QUOTE]

Thank you Kaisfem. I’m sorry if I seemed to jump the gun. My enthusiasm tends to make me a little loopy.

——————

Anonymous

Oh, please plan a Lexxian event in Las Vegas!It is a strangely appropriate place for a Lexx con. Like Lexx, this city is a weird and surreal adult fantasy. Oddly enough, none of my sci-fi loving friends here in Sin City like Lexx and accuse me of being deranged and perverse. I think the desert heat has finally affected their brains. I yearn for the company of people who appreciate irony, satire, and healthy dose of black humor. If this thread gets revived and a group would like to plan a 2002 visit, I’d be glad to help find meeting places and points of interest. Anyone game for a Lexxian pub crawl at Quark’s Bar underneath the Star Trek Experience at the Las Vegas Hilton?

——————

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.