How bad do ya want Xenia? or others…

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi Sci Fi Conventions How bad do ya want Xenia? or others…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Yes, I am tunnel-visioned on Dragon Con.I already have a lot of $ invested in it…and it’s still a year away.If there is not a swell of inquiries about Lexx guests now it is unlikely anything will happen later!
    Our interests are in good hands, frey & HDS in direct contact with Lexx cast.
    But- for all the rest of us not personally in touch with celebrity “handlers”( I despise agents) Here’s what to do to help out. This is what the Buffy peeps did…and its so simple its laughable. CALL THEM.
    770-909-O115 m-f 9am-5pm est.
    Let them know Xenia is appearing at Mega-Con,ask them POLITELY if there is a chance that she may be invited to the largest, most prestigious popular arts con in America?

e-mails are less effective, but here’s where to send them… [email protected]
    OR Usenet alt.fandom.dragoncon or
    alt.fandom.cons or rec.arts.sf.fandom
    If you want to comment on how disappointed you were that Lexx was not officially represented in 2002(doesn’t matter if you were actually there or not),e-mail [email protected] subject:2002 Comment File
    GivingYouTheFinger also suggested e-mailing the directors of guest services at [email protected] but some feel this may be a little premature.
    Cons are all about fandom(o.k, and $$$$) Fandom has to make its wants known. Don’t let the organizer’s say, “We didn’t know, nobody told us!” or “there wasn’t enough interest.” Remember, BE NICE! Most of these people are volunteers. T_T

[ 02-10-2002: Message edited by: Trini_T ]

[ 02-10-2002: Message edited by: Trini_T ]

Anonymous

Frey emailed from work to add this.

———————————
    theFrey said polietness counts! And to make sure that you tell then how wonderful it would be…ect… And that it is way toooooooo early to get fussy or snippy with the nice Dragon Con people.
    —————————————
    I agree, =) It is early, I would exspect to see more movement around Jan. But early calls can and do help.

HDS

Anonymous

Do I detect a rebuttal?
    I am simply stressing open communication. Dragon Con has openly requested constructive critism and new ideas. They posted a phone number for general info. I am “communicating”
    that info to this board, that is all(and giving vague suggestions on what to do with the info .
    But yes! Politeness counts! That goes without saying. I probably assumed that because I have never encountered an impolite person here! I certainly don’t wish to start any bad habits! I will try and contain my…enthusiasm! T_T

Anonymous

I edited the original post. Is it better? it’s so…nice! Luv ya both, wanna keep you happy! Trini

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Trini_T:
    I edited the original post. Is it better? it’s so…nice! Luv ya both, wanna keep you happy! Trini

You silly goose

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

I am “communicating”
    that info to this board, that is all(and giving vague suggestions on what to do with the info .
    But
    yes! Politeness counts! That goes without saying. I probably assumed that because I have never encountered an impolite person here! T_T

Indeed you haven’t. We have the greatest group of posters in the world. We have to, other wise FX will kill us all.

But for every poster on the board there are quite a few lurkers or casual visitors. And I just wanted to remind them that NOW is the time to be nice, pleasant Lexxians. So the nice Dragon Con people will say stuff like, “Gee, we need to make these Lexx Fans happy.”

It is easy to get carried away whining about how other shows get all the attention and howcome you don’t feature Lexx like Far….. nevermind…. See! We are nice Lexxians, nice I say!

After all there will be time to scream and stomp our feet later if we must.

quote:

I will try and contain my…enthusiasm! T_T

Never. Enthusiasm is wonderful. Run with it. We are working for the samething afterall. So lets be enthusastic together.

Anonymous

It’s all good.

Anonymous

Yep!

Flamegrape
    Participant

HDS, send me an email to [email protected]. Or chat with me using MSN Messenger.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:
    HDS, send me an email to [email protected]. Or chat with me using MSN Messenger.

I added you bu tyour not on.

Jhevz
    Participant

Trini_T: I think that’s a grand idea; as soon as I can, I’ll write to the Gallifrey staff & see if they’re going to have any `Lexx’ people; I’ll even tell them about Xenia, unless they already know .

Flamegrape: I’ll e-mail you either tomorrow night or Staurday, because there’s 2 Baseball games on, `CSI’ & `ER’ are also on, unless my mom’s planning to tape them; her Giants are on tonight. Thanks for the e-mail; may be now, we can chat with 1 another; that’ll be fun.

HDS: May be we can chat with 1 another sometime; I too have MSN Messenger.

Take care & have a grat Fall.

Lexxians Unite,
    Jhevz

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.