How do they do it?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I’m interested in finding out how long it takes to put an episode together,from storyboard to in the can.Also,why are special effects shot with a green background?It used to be sky blue.And one more question,is live action shot first and special effects done to match it afterwards or visa-versa? Wait,please,what is the green goo made of at the Lexx “cafe”?

trillian
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by canuk:
    Also,why are special effects shot with a green background?It used to be sky blue.

this is the only answer I safely know the answer to.

They started using green screen in place of blue screen because blue is too prominent a color. An item of the color of the special effect screen will disappear if it is placed in front of it.

I probably too tired to make a lot of sense, but hope that helps.

——————
    “…we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what normal is anyway.”

kaisothergirl2
    Participant

Hy Canuck,
    have you got the vids for the 1st/2nd series yet! There are some interesting snippets that explain about the CGI. Apparently they changed to green screen because it was a more compatible colour in Computer “language” It’s easier to transfer info from one format of filming to another apparently. This means that when the live action images are put into the computer to add the CGI it is much easier for the computer to ananlyse and mesh the two together.
    The food apparently is made of cold rice pudding for the gooey stuff and mash potato for the firmer stuff + dyed with food colouring.It can be a bit stale too apparently
    Don’t know about the story board. I do know that it gives Paul a headache though trying to keep up with it and coordinate everything. He does enjoy the challenge though judging by the interviews on the end of the Lexx videos[seasons 1+2]
    Hope that helps
    Kog

Anonymous

Thanks so much for the info! Hmmmm,cold rice pudding….Aggggh!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.