How SciFi angers me.. let me count the ways…

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx How SciFi angers me.. let me count the ways…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

5) Blurry nipples

4) Never rerunning LEXX durring Primetime when there are no new episodes to be shown

3) Playing Repeats at 2am Eastern

2) Snubbing LEXX by little or no promotion and over promoting Farscape as “the best SciFi show on TV”

1) NOT REPLAYING MAGIC BABY TONITE!!!!! SO I CAN TAPE IT CAUSE I COULD NOT FRIDAY!!!!

*******S!!!!!

All that stuff I said about SciFi “winning my respect”… I TAKE IT BACK!!!!

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by X:
    5) Blurry nipples

4) Never rerunning LEXX durring Primetime when there are no new episodes to be shown

2) Snubbing LEXX by little or no promotion and over promoting Farscape as “the best SciFi show on TV”

1) NOT REPLAYING MAGIC BABY TONITE!!!!! SO I CAN TAPE IT CAUSE I COULD NOT FRIDAY!!!!

*******S!!!!!

aacckkk! i was supposed to tape it for one of my friends! oh well, scrod again (fx strokes x’s red hair and makes soothing noises…)

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by X:

They’re not replaying it? Why??? I guess I’m stuck with my Friday night copy with squashed credits until it comes out on DVD. Fat chance of them repeating it. It all sucks big bad donkey bits.

BTW, I took a look at the TV Guide.com shedule and it says that “Little Blue Planet” reruns tonite at 2 a.m. With “Texx Lexx” playing next Monday at 2 a.m. So that’s it? They’re only going to show the repeats in the middle of the night? They must really hate this show! I suppose the beans considered themselves lucky to even finish the story in 4 seasons.

Here’s the schedule, according to SciFi Channel. (And I assume that they were lying when they say that it airs on Sundays at 2am when it actually airs on Monday at 2am. Can you beleive it? They’re diseminating false information!)

1 OCT 2am LITTLE BLUE PLANET
    8 OCT 2am TEXX LEXX
    15 OCT 2am P4X
    22 OCT 2am STAN DOWN
    29 OCT 2am XEVIVOR

Beyond that, it doesn’t say. Maybe they will continue to repeat them in order, I don’t know. At least it gives me a chance to record Texx Lexx, Stan Down, and Xevivor again without squashed credits.

[ 01-10-2001: Message edited by: Flamegrape ]

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by X:
    5) Blurry nipples

*******S!!!!!

Sci-Fi has got to be the most out of touch station ever, it’s worse in the UK, they cut out shotz of boobies at all times (umm why do that do that even at 2am in the morning?), yet this country allows for hardcore stuff and girls of 16 to show their naughty bits.
    And only Sci-Fi could portray the worst Sci-Fi programme ever as being any good…Fire-escape.
    And they show this ridiculous programme called HeadF**k, which is all about the weirdest video’s they can dredge up, and then promote it in every break along with the godawful Fire-escape.
    There is no doubt that Lexx is definitely treated badly by Sci-Fi, I swear it’s part of their mandate, as it get’s shown at stupid times here as well.
    As soon as Lexx finishes it’s run, then I’m finished with this joke of a T.V station.
    Squishy

Anonymous

What say we teach Sci-FI a lesson, how about our little army piling on to the Sci-Fi site after a showing of Fire-Escape, and then start slagging off Sci-Fi on their most popular(Ha) programmes chat site, and if they kick us off, then just relog on with a new name!!!
    Sort of a demonstration of the shabby treatment Lexx receives, but of course we must let them know it’s done for Lexx.
    Seriously, I’d love to get one back at those *******s.
    Squishy

Anonymous

Please say that isnt so I didnt watch it Friday due to a brain lapse of reading TV Guide which said a movie was on. Then I saw the spoiler threads and said “Oh thats right they showed Brigadoom last week” So I said “No prob Ill avoid the spoilers and watch it Sunday night at 11pm on DSS”

With my luck Kai came alive or Xev had a child or Stan got lucky too

Anonymous

X….I have tapes of all the shows, if you
    missed Magic Baby, I can dub it for you,
    as long as you don’t have a problem with
    FLuffdaddy being on the same tape..

sgtdraino
    Participant

Some of you are gonna be doubly ticked off, because they ARE showing Magic Baby again at 2am after all!

Headgehog
    Participant

sgtdraino beat me to it, But I’m watching Magic Baby right now. Remember, scifi moved everything back a week for the telethon, and forgot to update all their schedules

Flamegrape
    Participant

D’OH!

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Squishy:
    What say we teach Sci-FI a lesson, how about our little army piling on to the Sci-Fi site after a showing of Fire-Escape, and then start slagging off Sci-Fi on their most popular(Ha) programmes chat site, and if they kick us off, then just relog on with a new name!!!
    Sort of a demonstration of the shabby treatment Lexx receives, but of course we must let them know it’s done for Lexx.
    Squishy

I am in favor of such geurilla tactics. How about we all sign our messages with, “I WORSHIP HIS SHADOW”?

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by mayaxiong:
    X….I have tapes of all the shows, if you
    missed Magic Baby, I can dub it for you,
    as long as you don’t have a problem with
    FLuffdaddy being on the same tape..

Aw.. thanX, Maya!!

Luckily I needed a better copy of Little Blue Planet so I was pleasantly surprised to see it was Magic Baby

ThanX for representin’ for the home team, Maya, that’s really sweet. I am touched by the gesture alone

Anonymous

What a bunch of pea-brained a-holes. At least there’s plenty of time for them to replay all the eps so far (even if it is at ridiculous o’clock in the morning). So maybe people can tape/retape episodes.
    —————————————————————-
    Originally posted by Squishy:
    Squishy
    ——————————————————————————–
    originally posted by FlameGrape:
    I am in favor of such geurilla tactics. How about we all sign our messages with, “I WORSHIP HIS SHADOW”?

Lead the revolution brothers!

Anonymous

Thank god for the Space channel! Lexx comes on at 10pm on Wednesdays. Perfect time for me living in Nova Scotia. I just have to win over my dad, who wants to watch Junkyard Wars, and I’m all right!
    Plus, the reruns are at 9pm on CityTv!

Princesss of Fire

[ 02-10-2001: Message edited by: Princess of Fire ]

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Aurora:

Lead the revolution brothers!

I am getting too old for this sort of thing… you must learn the ways of the force if you are to accompany me to SciFi

Anonymous

Or going to watch a Spielberg film and being amazed… not at the graphics (though they were pretty good), or the story (which was awfull) or the characterisation (which was bad beyond words)… but at how cynical and patronising the great man has become in his old age

I just went to see AI – what a bummer

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by X:
    5) Blurry nipples

*******S!!!!!

Lol,I just had to laugh about the blurry nipples!SFC made me mad when they shown(sp) that retarded dragon movie instead of showing Lexx.SFC was never the best.The scifi channel should have another channel called SFC2 that shows scifi programs uncut.Which means no blurring and no snipping some of the episodes good parts!

My favorite kind of drink!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by SadGeezer:
    I just went to see AI – what a bummer

Gotta disagree with you there, Saddy. I thought A.I. was one of the best sci-fi films to come out in years. But then, this is going to be one of those films that completely divides people for years to come. Half the people I’ve spoken with or read reviews from think it’s great, half think it’s trash. Me, I love it. I think that Spielberg did exactly what Kubrick wanted with it, which is why Stanley brought him into the project to begin with.

But that’s just my opinion. I could be wrong.

–Aleck

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.