How’s UnCon ’02?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Flamegrape
    Participant

I think the title of the thread says it all. I didn’t get to go. I’m wondering how well it’s going.

Anonymous

I hugged Bunny!

And Pope G.Rotta, too, but I think it may in fact be impossible to come within 20 feet of Ellen Dubin and NOT be hugged. I lost track of how many times she hugged me on Saturday. (of course, she may just have been thanking me for bringing the Timbits)

Anonymous

I have just finish writing a little story of my experiences at UnCon 2002. OK, maybe not so little. As soon as my Picture are ready, I am going to slap together a webpage with the story, complete with illustrations.

All in all it was a great experience, especially being able to talk one on one with the behind the scenes people, like Les Krizsan and Kevin Sallows, as well as Lex and Paul. The Q&A period was absolutely worth the whole trip. Well that and the free alcohol!

Camelyn
    PS Heya Stormsweeper! Made it back in one piece I see?

Anonymous

I thought it was cool that Nigel Bennett showed up. He didn’t stay very long, but he did mingle a bit. It was good to see Brian, Ellen, Patricia, Lex, and all the other folks who showed up just for us.

I got a hug from “The Pope” too. She’s way cool.

Halifax is such a nice place to visit. I may go there every year or so even if there aren’t anymore UnCons.

The Granite Brewery makes some good brew. And it’s crawling distance to The Waverley Inn (which was very nice by the way).

Expect to freeze your a$$ off if you decide to take a whale watching cruise.

I hope the one girl dressed like Xev made it home alright Saturday night. She had WAY too much to drink.

So much more to talk about, but I’ll save it all for another time…

Later,
    Jim

Anonymous

I hope the one girl dressed like Xev made it home alright Saturday night. She had WAY too much to drink.

If it’s the same girl that posted on Sci-Fi’s board, don’t worry…she says she is fine and would do it all over again! She posted that she had dressed as Xev(dyed her hair red, even!)Got the part of Xev in their “Brigadoom” production,and got WAY DRUNK-and hung all over Lex G the rest of the night(great guy that he is, he was apparently very forgiving!) All in all, it sounds like it was one h*lluva good time! I REALLY hope this wasn’t the last Uncon!

Anonymous

If there is another UnCon, I hope it’s in Halifax!

Trini_T… I was a bit worried about the Xev girl at Breakers. But I’m glad to hear she’s OK. I guess I was having a bit of “paternal instinct” or something, which is odd considering I have no children.

Anonymous

cool it sounds like everyone had a great time!! i didn’t get to make it but i hope to next year. i can’t wait to see everyone’s pics — especially of unconnadoom!! i saw a few pics today & came over looking for more lol

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.