HubbyEd update

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Some of you read about my Hubby’s recent heart attack and need for bypass surgery from other sites or heard it from others who frequent those site. Here’s the latest news.

Ed only needed a double bypass. The surgeon said the 3rd artery wasn’t bad enough to even mess with. He’s also out of the intensive care unit and on the regular cardiac floor.

Thanks to all who said prayers, they worked.

theFrey
    Participant

Yeah! Glad he is doing better. Please keep us posted.

Flamegrape
    Participant

That’s good new! I’m very glad to hear it! I hope he’ll feel much better in the future.

mandara k
    Participant

I am so sorry to hear about your hubby MM; I know what it’s like; my dad just had a pacemaker/ defibrillator put in while I tried to vacation in Halifax. Needless to say I really did not enjoy myself as much as I could have. This karma I hope to change ASAP so I can “enjoy” a vacation for once in my freakin’ life instead of dealing with the “issues” that I get slammed with; always when I want to relax for a while.

Keep us informed on his progress please and please make sure you take some time for you; that will help you get through the recovery period as well as he does.

Mandara K

Jhevz
    Participant

Micromary,
    I’m so glad that your hubby’s doing ok & I hope he gets better so; it’ll take time, but he’ll pull through. Just be glad he didn’t have a quad-drupple bypass, like my father did; my father had his quad-drupple bypass just after New Yr’s Day 1998; he’s alright now, retired from working for CALTRANS & doing really, really well. Ever since though, he hasn’t remembered what he did yesterday, but he does remember things from the past. Is your hubby doing that?
    By all means, please keep us informed of his progress & I’ll let you know how my father’s doing.
    Take care & if you need someone to talk to, I’m just an e-mail & a post away.

Patient’s Families Unite,
    Jhevz

Anonymous

I just hope he learns his lesson. This is the second time around for us. Last time was a single bypass….

theFrey
    Participant

ummm, not to dash your hopes or anything. But theSpouse learn zip from having emergency surgery to but in his stents.

Anonymous

MicroMary, So glad your husband is on the mend, I know it won’t be long until he is feeling well again…. This surgery has saved so many lives, I’m so glad we are living in this age when this type of thing is possible…I’ll bet in about 10 or 20 years they will be able to open the arteries without such invasive measures….Tell your hubby we are all rooting for him!!!

Anonymous

I’m glad Ed made it through the operation so well! My father had a bypass in March; he’s already back doing his three mile a day walks and travelling all over the place. He claims he’s changing his ways…..he did stop with the cigars

elmey

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.