Hypatia’s ramblings

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

My bored, sleepy, semi-drunken ramblings. Aren’t you lucky?

The Lexx forum is losing people, peeps are spending their time trying to sort out the bickering…or joining in…I think this has been enough. Can we just ignore the people who offend us? Now if this was a ‘serious’ forum, with ‘real’ issues being debated, I’d see how this could happen…but we’re just a bunch of geeks discussing scifi…are our personal differences that important?

So, the last time I say this: Calm down. Ignore, or apologize. Is it really that important? Alot of peeps seem really offended, I cruised by SciFi’s board and it was the same there…can we just drop it?

Hey, let’s just get along.

*Hypatia stumbles away, THANKSGIVING BREAK!!*

I hope y’all work this out.

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Hypatia:
    Alot of peeps seem really offended, I cruised by SciFi’s board and it was the same there…can we just drop it?

If you’re talking about all the suspicious remarks posted about me at SciFi.Com/Lexx, don’t worry about it because I don’t mind. The best thing I can do is not reply with more insults or attempt to defend myself with rants.

I’ve heard rumor that they’re even talking about me over at SciFi.Com/Farscape, too! Interesting. I suppose I’ll go and have a look today.

Speaking of Farscape, there seems to be some sort of feud happening. Or please tell me that it’s just isolated incidents. Farscape is a cool show and it’s a shame that some of us Lexx fans got ****ed-off at the SciFi Channel for it’s obvious favoritism. It’s economics, really. SciFi didn’t have to pump as much advertising into Lexx as they did Farscape to generate a large fanbase. I’d be worried about regular viewers too if each show cost more than $1,000,000 to produce!

Anonymous

quote:

Now if this was a ‘serious’ forum, with ‘real’ issues being debated, I’d see how this could happen…

Exactly. While some “real” issues have been brought up and debated in the past (politics, biology, psychology, etc.), the fact remains that (and I’m just speaking of the people posting in this forum) we’re people who get together to *talk about a TV show*. It’s like if a Bewitched board suddenly declared a jihad.

but we’re just a bunch of geeks discussing scifi…

Hey, I’m no geek, kiddo. As I’ve stated before, I am one suave mofo.

are our personal differences that important?

Amen. Are the personal squabbles between 2 *very small* groups of people important enough to allow to grow exponentially and involve even more people? People who have had *absolutely nothing* to do with the original argument? And what’s more, should relatively objective statements about freakin’ *software* be taken personally by so many people? Should remarks about the limitations of certain software on a message board be taken as a slap in the face? The answer to all these questions is a resounding NO. People on all sides are taking things way too personally, blowing up for no good reason whatsoever, and doing and saying *extremely* stupid things in order to directly offend other people while indirectly exposing people on the sidelines to the shrapnel from the targeted explosions.

It’s time to stop. Too much time and attention have been devoted to this, and all by people who are old enough to know better. It’s to the point where even apologies are scoffed at and ridiculed, and that is a sad state of affairs indeed.

–Aleck

Anonymous

Happy Thankgiving Hypatia

FX
    Participant

quote:

The Lexx forum is losing people, peeps are spending their time trying to sort out the bickering…but we’re just a bunch of geeks discussing scifi…are our personal differences that important?

So, the last time I say this: Calm down. Ignore, or apologize. Is it really that important? Alot of peeps seem really offended, I cruised by SciFi’s board and it was the same there…can we just drop it?

Hey, let’s just get along.

*Hypatia stumbles away, THANKSGIVING BREAK!!*

I hope y’all work this out.

happy turkey day to you hypatia, from another tired geekette well said

Anonymous

Thank you Mary Beth, and happy Thanksgiving to you!

And Aleck, DaleckTek, FX, Flamegrape, Saddy, X, Gelfling, Doffy, His Divine Shadow, Squishy, and anyone else my premature senility has caused me to forget!!!

Frey! I forgot Frey for a second there! Happy thanksgiving Frey!

D’oh! I forgot Blackcloud. Happy Thanksgiving Blackie!

Alright, Aleck isn’t a geek. I, however, am a Sexy Nerd Goddess! And it sounds like FX is too!

[ 22-11-2001: Message edited by: Hypatia ]

Anonymous

And what really gets my goat is ….

Oops sorry, wrong forum…. erm… no it isn’t!

Oki, if you can’t beat ’em. Happy thanksgiving (or just ‘happy day’ if yer not an American)… especially to all the sexy nerd godesses

And Aleck, I think it needs to go on a little longer yet. I’m only editing posts which I think are openly just trying to wind peeps up (ie. new wind ups, not old news). I think most people feel that they have had their say and I honestly believe that it will settle down of it’s own accord soon.

If not, then I’ll prolly intervene. Whatever happens, it’ll be over in the next few days – promise.

Reading all these posts is doin’ me ‘ed in! and keeping me away from the LEXX reviews that are overdue (though goodness knows, LEXX 4.11 and 4.12 are gonna get the badsad treatment!).

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by SadGeezer:
    And Aleck, I think it needs to go on a little longer yet.

Hey, I’m not saying that the forum itself needs to stop or anything, I’m just saying that the hurt feelings and taking-things-that-don’t-mean-anything-personally feelings need to stop. I personally like having a place to sound off.

And happy day (being internationally correct ) to all of the people out there in internet land.

–Aleck

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Aleck:

And happy day (being internationally correct ) to all of the people out there in internet land.

–Aleck

internationally correct? nerd goddesses? i like it…
    this is getting to be fun again, all right everybody go eat lots of turkey or whatever and sit in front of the tv bloated and happy…love fx

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

The Lexx forum is losing people, peeps are spending their time trying to sort out the bickering…or joining in…I think this has been enough. Can we just ignore the people who offend us? Now if this was a ‘serious’ forum, with ‘real’ issues being debated, I’d see how this could happen…but we’re just a bunch of geeks discussing scifi…are our personal differences that important?

Amen to that!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.