"Hyperdrive"

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    spooookie
    Participant

Has anyone else seen the new sci-fi comedy on BBC2 “Hyperdrive”?

I don’t find it hilariously funny,but it has some good moments and some of the characters are pretty good,needs another series to find it’s stride I think

Anonymous
    Inactive

All I’ve seen of it are some clips of it at http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/hyperdrive/ I have read some lukewarm reviews too.

Looks kind of funny and interesting from the clips I’ve so far perused; no moments that struck me as Red Dwarf or Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy funny, by which I mean ball-bouncingly funny (oops that’s a Black Adder reference, my bad) but I do wish I got Hyperdrive on television.

Seems that when it comes to Brit sci-fi, the new season of Doctor Who will have to do (and do it shall).

YOWAYYO
    Participant
    Logan wrote:

Looks kind of funny and interesting from the clips I’ve so far perused; no moments that struck me as Red Dwarf or Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy funny, by which I mean ball-bouncingly funny (oops that’s a Black Adder reference, my bad) but I do wish I got Hyperdrive on television.

Seems that when it comes to Brit sci-fi, the new season of Doctor Who will have to do (and do it shall).

Funny you mentioned Black Adder references…I coulda swore I heard Lt. Col. Mitchell make a ‘Baldrick’ dig at someone in a recent SG-1 episode. Did anyone else catch it, or was there really someone named Baldrick in the episode?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Did that person have a cunning plan?

Haven’t seen that episode of SG1, but a Baldrick character does appear in Stargate Atlantis. From the episode “The Tower” (which seems oddly reminiscent of Black Adder — haven’t seen it, just found trancripts and other stuff online about it)… Baldrick’s cunning plan works!

Baldrick: I can’t believe that worked!
    McKay: What happened to positive thinking?
    Baldrick: I lied.

By the way, I very rarely reference Baldrick online, but not long before you posted this message I was writing at another board about that Vote topic where you wrote here,

YOWAYYO wrote:

…anytime you can vote as often as you want pretty much invalidates the poll…

, saying how I’d be tempted to vote For Blackadder, and offered this BA quote in reference to the aforememntioned multiple-voting practice:

”Blackadder” wrote:

Edmund: Since Wednesday morning. I took over the previous electorate when he, very sadly, accidently brutally cut his head off while combing his hair.

Vincent Hanna: One voter; 16,472 votes. A slight anomaly…?

Edmund: Not really, Mr. Hanna — you see, Baldrick may look like a monkey who’s been put in a suit and then strategically shaved, but he is a brilliant politician. The number of votes I cast is simply a reflection of how firmly I believe in his policies.

YOWAYYO
    Participant
    Logan wrote:

Did that person have a cunning plan?

Haven’t seen that episode of SG1, but a Baldrick character does appear in Stargate Atlantis. From the episode “The Tower” (which seems oddly reminiscent of Black Adder — haven’t seen it, just found trancripts and other stuff online about it)… Baldrick’s cunning plan works!

Baldrick: I can’t believe that worked!
    McKay: What happened to positive thinking?
    Baldrick: I lied.

Logan wrote:

Ok, that makes sense. Surely, it was the SG- Atlantis episode where I heard Baldrick mentioned and not SG-1 as I previously thought (don’t worry, I’ll stop calling you Shirley.) You see, I had two Friday’s worth of prime-time Sci-Fi DVR’d and I held a mini-marathon one evening recently. I was studying but had the shows playing in the background when I heard the Baldrick reference, but I guess it never dawned on me that one of the characters was actually named Baldrick. Thanks for the info.

Logan wrote:

By the way, I very rarely reference Baldrick online, but not long before you posted this message I was writing at another board about that Vote topic where you wrote here,

YOWAYYO wrote:

…anytime you can vote as often as you want pretty much invalidates the poll…

, saying how I’d be tempted to vote For Blackadder, and offered this BA quote in reference to the aforememntioned multiple-voting practice:

”Blackadder” wrote:

Edmund: Since Wednesday morning. I took over the previous electorate when he, very sadly, accidently brutally cut his head off while combing his hair.

Vincent Hanna: One voter; 16,472 votes. A slight anomaly…?

Edmund: Not really, Mr. Hanna — you see, Baldrick may look like a monkey who’s been put in a suit and then strategically shaved, but he is a brilliant politician. The number of votes I cast is simply a reflection of how firmly I believe in his policies.

[/quote]

Ha! That woulda been great!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.